Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Old 24-10-2010, 08:19 AM
Senga

Color Nice to meet you, Deusdrum!

I am sure I'll see you around here :)

Blessings,
Senga
Old 26-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Suspended
Hi Deusdrum!
It's good to see you back here!

I'm curious - is there a story behind your name, "Deusdrum"?
Old 26-10-2010, 09:57 PM
Spirited

Welcome to the forum, Deusdrum

Nice that you have finally said hi!
Old 27-10-2010, 12:37 AM
Master
Thank you everyone.

sound, Sangress, Falling Star, Soul Searching, 002cents, Nev, Spiritlite, Rumar, Senga, Nathan Spirit, Perspective . ~ *

Perspective - It was the name of a spaceship in a sci-fi novel i was (am?) working on. Good story actually, just very poorly written in most parts lol

Basically took the work Dei/Deus, which means God I believe, and combined it with 'drum', as in the rhythm of God. The spaceship being an embodiment of this because sound/drumbeat having to do with movement/vibration in space i guess, or something to that effect.
Old 28-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum
Perspective - It was the name of a spaceship in a sci-fi novel i was (am?) working on. Good story actually, just very poorly written in most parts lol

Basically took the work Dei/Deus, which means God I believe, and combined it with 'drum', as in the rhythm of God. The spaceship being an embodiment of this because sound/drumbeat having to do with movement/vibration in space i guess, or something to that effect.
I like that! Thanks for explaining.
My 1st thought about "Deusdrum" was also about God & drums, but it reminded me of when I was at a Native American Pow wow & was inspired by the drum circle & chanting. Someone explained that the drum represented the earth's heart-beat & helps connect our heart beat to the earth's. I miss going to pow wows. I loved dancing in the circle with everyone - of all ages.

Oh - & good luck with your novel! Don't put yourself down- I'm sure it's awesome & will only get better, as you feel inspired to add to it.

Last edited by Perspective : 28-10-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 28-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Master
thanks Perspective.

I'm not putting myself down there, it is an honest, objective unbiased assessment. Other material i've written i'm psyched about, a short story wrote awhile back is really weak and the story is bad also. My latest endeavor is i feel a good story and the writing is much stronger, for example. It actually amazes me the contrast between my good and bad work. I will likely go back to it at some point; as i say the story is too inspiring to me, so it deserves to be done justice.

Anyways, i've stood here at the front door long enough, let me take my coat of and enter this fine establishment they call the Spiritual Forums. You can probably find me either in the kitchen or at the bar.. (jk)

P.E.A.C.E. ~ *
Old 28-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perspective
My 1st thought about "Deusdrum" was also about God & drums, but it reminded me of when I was at a Native American Pow wow & was inspired by the drum circle & chanting. Someone explained that the drum represented the earth's heart-beat & helps connect our heart beat to the earth's. I miss going to pow wows. I loved dancing in the circle with everyone - of all ages.

Yes. I wrote an essay once comparing First Native religious practices with the drum and the more modern day raves. I believe that in the past when colonizers outlawed this practice (among others, and the general oppression of their culture) they were afraid of the power that the drumming circle had. It was made illegal, and in modern times, many raves are invaded by the establishment with police; and yes, there are drugs involved a lot of times, which i would like to see less of and less focus on at raves, but all the same a lot of times there are no problems or trouble whatsoever when these events get shut down, and the social stigma surrounded them now as in the past (which was obviously much more extreme and harsh) is similar.

I think that there is great transformative power in the drumming circle, whether in be house or breakbeat music at a rave, or some people around a fire banging on drums and dancing, it is people coming together for a common cause in the celebration of life at a very fundamental level.

Sorry to get all wordy and technical. This isn't an original idea by me, others have said it before, but i believe it to be true, and the rhythm of the beat cannot be held down; there are no laws which can suppress or contain the power of music, and i love that. I guess it's a case of fearing what they don't understand.

Big long rant lol apologies.

At the end of the day, after all the religious, political arguments, squabbles and points of contention between everyone with their different opinions.. there is the beat of a song you like.. in your car or at your desk that makes you bob you head.. and you can't argue with that.
Old 28-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum
I think that there is great transformative power in the drumming circle, whether in be house or breakbeat music at a rave, or some people around a fire banging on drums and dancing, it is people coming together for a common cause in the celebration of life at a very fundamental level.
I agree! Music is so moving in many ways!

Quote:
At the end of the day, after all the religious, political arguments, squabbles and points of contention between everyone with their different opinions.. there is the beat of a song you like.. in your car or at your desk that makes you bob you head.. and you can't argue with that.
No, you can't! I know I've been caught rocking out in the car... then I try to play it cool, when somebody pulls up next to me.

Hey, speaking of music being moving... what's the saying...
"Dance as if nobody's watching..."
I dare anyone to watch this & not even smile... which will prove the point that music is moving!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTvqhijCXc0