Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 18-02-2022, 04:01 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
"I wonder why it is that some psychics and sensitives are so determinedly insistent they are mediums?" I personally don't think that is true.
It's true for the ones I know.....
Old 18-02-2022, 04:07 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
What matters is who can 'deliver' better then the other (s).

Who can deliver what better? That depends on what the practitioner claims to be able to deliver. Either may be as effective as the other but be delivering a different service. It's like comparing apples with oranges.
Old 18-02-2022, 09:42 PM
Master
"Who can deliver what better?"

The facilitator(s) deliver the message(s) from Spirit(s) to the recipent.

As far as I am concerned, the facilitator might do this via various means depending on what 'tools' they use. For me, it generally is a specific voice.

As you claim, this is like 'comparing apples with oranges' and in a way that is true. I have seen some 'Psychics' deliver some very important, verifiable information whereas I have seen some Mediums, deliver rubbish and vice versa. I can not say which group is better then the other. What counts, as far as I am concerned, is if the information is 'good, usable' information.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 19-02-2022, 02:30 AM
Deactivated Account
keeping it simple

Practitioners delivering messages of survival (or are spiritual healers) are using their attributes of mediumship - call these individuals whatever you prefer but I call 'em mediums.

Practitioners who can't deliver the message of survival or heal are not mediums. Those who can but don't might be termed unwilling or reluctant mediums. But if all they ever display is of a psychic nature then I won't say they're mediums and I call 'em psychics or sensitives.

The individual delivering the message of survival isn't relevant to that message - she's just the delivery guy. The noun used to signify the person delivering the message of survival isn't important and although I prefer to call her a medium the mode of mediumship she uses isn't important.

The quality of her message of survival is the only truly important thing because it will influence how persuasive that message is for the recipient.
Old 19-02-2022, 06:13 AM
asearcher

I know of someone who call itself a medium who has numerous times been then in contact with a departed loved one (not me, someone else) and who then also in the same session tells things of the future so maybe there are those out there that mix these two up in the bag during sessions then? and then maybe that in return may be confusing - to then think being in contact with spirits is not enough, you have to be able to tell the future too?
Old 19-02-2022, 10:04 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
I know of someone who call itself a medium who has numerous times been then in contact with a departed loved one (not me, someone else) and who then also in the same session tells things of the future so maybe there are those out there that mix these two up in the bag during sessions then? and then maybe that in return may be confusing - to then think being in contact with spirits is not enough, you have to be able to tell the future too?

I think that is known as a psychic Medium.
Old 19-02-2022, 11:29 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
If a psychic, a medium, a housewife or an atheist wants to read my cards --they sure can. :)
As long as the give you something 'solid' there's no reason they can't, if you're happy with it. There are people who are 'natural mediums' and would never call themselves mediums but they have the talents anyway. Same with psychics.

As with so many things in this forum that are discussed and what's happening in this thread, sometimes it's not about mediumship or Spirituality. The 'human factor' still 'underpins' everything.
Old 19-02-2022, 11:47 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
I know of someone who call itself a medium who has numerous times been then in contact with a departed loved one (not me, someone else) and who then also in the same session tells things of the future
There's no reason a medium or Spirit can't tell of the future, and you also have to remember that Spirits and often mediums have different understandings. That includes time. There are reasons beyond what we would perceive as 'right' or 'wrong'. Yes, telling you might change the future and it might well have left you confused, but then that might have been the reason - to begin a chain of events that would bring about that 'future' outcome. And if you were confused, what would you do about it? Sometimes giving people confusion drives people to find a resolution or understanding.

There's a saying, "If you want to understand Spirit you have to think like Spirit."

Yes, I've told people the 'future' and as far as Spirit is concerned the future is already written. As a medium it's not my job to filter information and I was also given a glimpse into that future. If someone said that you were going to go through a world of hurt but told you that all manner of good things would come of it?
Old 19-02-2022, 01:57 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

NOBODY can foretell 'the future' because there is no single future to be foretold. The future is uncertain and what happens is influenced by many unforeseeable interactions.

I don't doubt there are practitioners who provide mediuship and also provide psychic counseling, reading Tarot and Oracle cards, crystal ball, tea leaves or give predictions about your future. You pays yer money and yuh make yer choice who to visit and who to listen to.

Some will visit a practitioner hoping to find out what their future will be and if that's what they get they won't be disappointed. It's their choice who they visit and what notice they take of the 'reading' they are given.
Old 19-02-2022, 02:22 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
NOBODY can foretell 'the future' because there is no single future to be foretold. The future is uncertain and what happens is influenced by many unforeseeable interactions.
According to numerous NDEs that's not the case at all, and Natalie Sudman's experience is very typical. She ended up in a comma after the vehicle was in hit an IED. The Being she was discussing it with gave her options as to what injuries she would be left with and how her Life would play out because of them. The Being was able to show her possible timelines depending on her choices and all Sudman had to do was to make the choice. It has to do with the understanding of non-linear time and quantum theory.

All of time is happening all of the time so for Spirit what we would call the future is right here right now.

I've given people messages from Spirit about the future, knowing full well that the message would turn out to be 'wrong'. What did do though is set things in motion for what was then the future to come about.