Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-04-2017, 03:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
I don't feel I'm gossiping about anyone. I'm only speaking truthfully about my own personal experience in my life. As I stated I simply, in reading this thread, am aware of my own negativity because of that experience I had with a treasured friend who claimed she was an earth angel. I don't know anyone else personally that has done so and so I only have the one experience to draw on. I felt deserted and hurt and I think that comes across in my post. I wouldn't think 'earth angels' would choose to leave others because they deem them not earth angels. How is noticing my own inner feelings and being honest about them concerning an individual experience, gossiping? Not clear.

Do I think that all people that claim to be earth angels are egomaniacs? Of course not. I'm also not calling into question others degree of spirituality. What I am and did make reference to is that labels can divide people; the world demonstrates this well. At the same time, labels (earth angels, twin flames, empaths, clairvoyants, etc.) can connect like-minded people such as on supportive forums like on SF.

I did read your original post and wanted to get to say something in response to it. To be clear I think what your friend did to you was wrong. Claiming to be anything and label oneself, and then to condemn or judge another for not feeling or being the same is immature- and comes from a place of complete immaturity- it is disrespectful- labeling and an attempt to fit others in a box. It is very simply hateful as well. To tell someone I do not like you because you are different or not like me is un-angelic, and to be quite honest, we all can agree we are humans and in human bodies right? It is also not only un-angelic itself but also un-human.

You are better off being yourself. And I think that does bring up that point- whether we as individuals all of us whether we feel angelic or not we are human. As far as I am aware earth angels are supposed to live a life of service and help to others- at least that is the belief, This does not leave room for favoritism or thinking one above another IMO.

Now myself, I merely feel angelic in that I feel I have a purpose and mission in life, and have had a trying time of life and a vast amount of obstacles. I couldn't even begin to say. Much of it borders on the unbelievable simply can not be explained.

But I as anyone else is no better than the next person. And spiritually we are all learning, and growing, and evolving each of us.
So there really is no person above the other. In any case.

To slayer- I have had very real experiences with entities, my brother and I were speaking of it earlier- of things like ghosts. He can not fathom how I believe all entities as such to be demons. I of course can not remotely understand where he is coming from when he believes in spirits who want help. I would be better off I feel in helping other people than some entity that will not reveal a form to me. I see these energies as demonic. I have had enough experience there so I honestly can not blame you in the least for the way you believe. I actually understand where you may be coming from.

Also by God told me, I meant to be specific that it is something my higher self tells me, and it is also how I feel. I can argue with how I think, but can not argue with how I feel as that would be a lie and I would be lying to myself, if I denied how I feel.

Melahin- I often feel much hatred for the path I walk and my own faith- which is Shamanism. It is a very difficult path to hold belief for. I am constantly helping others and never receiving much help of my own when I ask. I offer much help and advice to people in my life when I am called to do it, and many times I feel on the receiving end of the short stick. In other words I am here for a reason, I help those I can, and many times while not all the time, my response is a slap in the face for it. People are unappreciative sometimes in my waking real life. But this does not deter me from wanting to be of help and service to others.

Also Slayer you responded to Kittycatcacher that you thought or would figure one whom considers themselves angelic may feel deeply disturbed by humanity- this is how I feel angel or not. I can not understand human beings at all even myself at times. I can not fathom the pure hatred of people- the negativity- the hopelessness- the killing, depression and depravity of humanity. It literally makes me sick. And this is just speaking from a human stand point.

Consider this- If I were a legit angel with wings and all, the world as it is makes me feel as if I would rip up my own wings had I any bit by bit and cast myself downward- Merely in an attempt to get away from it all.

Melo-dramatic yes very much so, but this is how humanity actually makes me feel. I find myself often in tears at the hatefulness many people just seem to own to, without regard for their fellow life- human or not.

How this would not bother anyone regardless of feeling angelic or not, dumbfounds me.

I often lose faith and hope, but go on with the drudgery, because I refuse to give up and let my spirit die.

Some more rambling arrogant thoughts. Haha.
Old 21-04-2017, 03:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Melahin- I often feel much hatred for the path I walk and my own faith- which is Shamanism. It is a very difficult path to hold belief for. I am constantly helping others and never receiving much help of my own when I ask. I offer much help and advice to people in my life when I am called to do it, and many times I feel on the receiving end of the short stick. In other words I am here for a reason, I help those I can, and many times while not all the time, my response is a slap in the face for it. People are unappreciative sometimes in my waking real life. But this does not deter me from wanting to be of help and service to others.

Now I consider myself something very different from angelic, and have no desire to ever be one, because I don't really find it is in my nature. I am probably far too mischievous also Maybe the time has come to first an foremost help yourself to feel better, and from there lead by example, rather than keep getting slapped. It is possible to be of service and be likewise appreciated for it and mostly I have found it is about getting out of our own way... haha it is sometimes weird how we in our endeavor to do good can be our own best obstacle.

Is Shamanism not about the spirit of Earth, and the energies that connects us to nature?
Old 21-04-2017, 04:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
I don't feel I'm gossiping about anyone.
Please don't take what I said as a critique of you. I know your posts; you are a thoughtful individual. I am simply saying this: we could all start 1000 threads about other peoples' beliefs that we personally can't understand or fathom. And we can call them egomaniacs, or deluded, or whatever.

Or we can just ignore what other people believe and that we don't agree with, and not start critique threads about them. Or we could support each other's beliefs and give each other the benefit of the doubt. And we could seek to understand what makes everyone think and believe the way they do. It's fascinating, all this personal belief diversity!

And you know where it all starts? By being POSITIVE. By not looking at the negative in people. By assuming the best about them as I said.

You think you're an angel? Fantastic! Tell me more, I'm fascinated!
Old 21-04-2017, 07:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
I did read your original post and wanted to get to say something in response to it. To be clear I think what your friend did to you was wrong. Claiming to be anything and label oneself, and then to condemn or judge another for not feeling or being the same is immature- and comes from a place of complete immaturity- it is disrespectful- labeling and an attempt to fit others in a box. It is very simply hateful as well. To tell someone I do not like you because you are different or not like me is un-angelic, and to be quite honest, we all can agree we are humans and in human bodies right? It is also not only un-angelic itself but also un-human.

You are better off being yourself. And I think that does bring up that point- whether we as individuals all of us whether we feel angelic or not we are human. As far as I am aware earth angels are supposed to live a life of service and help to others- at least that is the belief, This does not leave room for favoritism or thinking one above another IMO.

Now myself, I merely feel angelic in that I feel I have a purpose and mission in life, and have had a trying time of life and a vast amount of obstacles. I couldn't even begin to say. Much of it borders on the unbelievable simply can not be explained.

But I as anyone else is no better than the next person. And spiritually we are all learning, and growing, and evolving each of us.
So there really is no person above the other. In any case.

SaturninePluto - Thank you for reading my earlier post and responding from a place of understanding. I sometimes have difficulty conveying exactly what I mean or getting everything in my head out to my finger tips. I think you reinforced in your post points that I touched on.

I think my earth angel friend really did think she was placed here to help other people, but as you mentioned, one can't really help other people when they judge and avoid those that are simply different. I valued this person immensely and wish her only the best as she goes forth in life.

Yes indeed, we're all just human beings doing the best we can on this big blue marble. As humans it seems impossible to not always be learning, growing and evolving. Thanks again for your supportive post.
Old 21-04-2017, 07:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Please don't take what I said as a critique of you. I know your posts; you are a thoughtful individual. I am simply saying this: we could all start 1000 threads about other peoples' beliefs that we personally can't understand or fathom. And we can call them egomaniacs, or deluded, or whatever.

Or we can just ignore what other people believe and that we don't agree with, and not start critique threads about them. Or we could support each other's beliefs and give each other the benefit of the doubt. And we could seek to understand what makes everyone think and believe the way they do. It's fascinating, all this personal belief diversity!

And you know where it all starts? By being POSITIVE. By not looking at the negative in people. By assuming the best about them as I said.

You think you're an angel? Fantastic! Tell me more, I'm fascinated!

I agree with you, Baile, that the best any of us on SF can do is to be supportive of everyone's differences. Yes, that starts with approaching others with positiveness and non-judgment. The diversity of beliefs on here never ceases in teaching me more than I knew yesterday. I love that!

I'm not an angel? Far from it. Although my 93-year-old father-in-law kissed me on the cheek the other day and said I was an angel. But that's because I cooked food every week for him for 15 years. LOL Gotta say I didn't mind being called an angel though.
Old 21-04-2017, 08:05 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
What makes some people have those extroardinary claims that they are high and mighty angels in human form? Is it because they WANT to feel like their existence in this world is more meaningful and important than others? Or simply because some otherwordly being(s) told them that?

Just because there were entities, angels, or even ''guides'' telling you that you are an angel in human form, does that make it automatically a fact?

To say ''I am an incarnated angel who came here to help people'' is like saying ''bow to my superior knowledge, mortals. For I know more than you do, and I am the key to your advancement'' which seems like an ego problem to me. If there's anyone who can prove me wrong or attempt to help me comming to a better understandment about incarnated angels, be my guest.

I think that if someone told me he or she was an incarnated angel, I might be interested to hear what they have to say about things. I also think that if he or she asked me if I believed he or she was an incarnated angel - I would say "I believe that you believe you are."

The idea is to listen and not judge or take away from, but acknowledge and respect the individual's integrity (as much as possible) while maintaining your own.

You wrote "I am someone who is very dedicated to what I think and feel."
The person who thinks he or she is an incarnated angel probably feels the same way.
Old 21-04-2017, 08:12 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
How does claiming to be an earth angel equate to bragging about being more advanced? That's simply the particular spin you and SlayerOfLight seem to be putting on this. Like I said, spiritual knowledge is all about self-reflection. So take a look at why you are responding in this way to this topic. That's the real dialogue here; that's the only dialogue ever, really. The rest of it -- discussing others' particular spiritual beliefs in a negative light -- is just gossiping and nay-saying.

My point is this: How is this topic different than all the many other claims made on forums like this one? What about people who claim to be an empath. I could choose to negatively interpret that as, "I'm special and more advanced because I feel more than "normal" people do." Or people who think they're in a TF relationship? "My relationship is special and more advanced than "normal" partnerships."

As for your advancement comment in general: yes, we are here to advance and evolve our soul understanding. So yes, advancement does come into play on a very real level. It is not a dirty word or concept. Many human beings have evolved and advanced beyond the physical-incarnation stage of their existence. Jesus, Buddha, Hildegard and the like are not "better than me." They're simply my older brothers and sisters who have overcome the Wheel of Life via the advancement of their soul understanding.

If you choose to interpret it negatively, than that is just it, it is your interpretation, not necessarily how the post was meant. Personally, when I discovered that I was an empath, it was like getting a diagnosis for a long standing illness that went undetected. It explained so many things in my life that had me believing there was something wrong with me. It had made many things more difficult in my life. Understanding what is wrong, like any other diagnosis, helps to deal with the problem. I don't feel it makes me special or better than anyone.
Same thing for other things, I'm an old soul too, not better than anyone, just where I am. Being an old soul, also brings specific problems with it, such as exhaustion and isolation. I have some of these issues that old souls can face as well.

Now, on to the topic of Angels. I have limited experience with them but enough to say they are real. I have sensed them and heard them. When you hear one, you know its an Angel, its the most angelic sound ever. I would actually say I have heard and sensed entities that I would classify as Angels, based on the definitions I know. When I have sensed them, it has been around my kids. I feel they particularly watch over children, when stuff was happening involving my kids, they were around in a multitude, truly. I have no idea if they can incarnate as human, but I try to read every opinion with an open mind. You can be open minded and accept possibilities without instantly believing everything either. This is the true definition of discernment.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell"
Old 21-04-2017, 09:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
If you choose to interpret it negatively, than that is just it, it is your interpretation, not necessarily how the post was meant. Personally, when I discovered that I was an empath... Being an old soul...
"People who think they are empaths or old souls are egomaniacs and deluded, just my opinion, not trying to insult anyone."

"People who think they are empaths or old souls are fascinating to me even though I don't understand where these ideas come from."

Like I said... one can approach any inquiry either from a place of negative judgement and critique, or from a place of positive interest and supportive inquiry. If you choose to interpret my comments in a negative way, even though I've clarified things several times now, well then that is your interpretation.
Old 22-04-2017, 12:29 AM
Master
Fascinating thread, loved reading it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittycatcacher
Also I find it interesting that you assume that being thousands of years old in human terms automatically means angels are all knowing. How do you think God teaches us all the lessons we need to learn to be our best? Angels are simply beings who have different paths to walk then other types of souls. That does not mean they are simply handed over all the knowledge God has. Sometimes pieces of angels are incarnated into different lives to learn the lessons they cannot learn else where. The reason I say pieces is because of the fact that multiple versions of these angels exist. All souls are split into many upon many pieces due to the fact that multiple dimensions exist as well as them and other souls having the ability to be in multiple places at once in the same dimension due to the existence of time here and lack of time in heaven. Anyways my point is that we all need to learn these lessons one way or another and being an angel does not mean you get to skip out on them.

Kittycatcatcher, awesome post! Very clear and a very thought-provoking, informative post.
Old 22-04-2017, 03:03 AM
Knower
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Thanks for the reply, makes a little bit more sense to me now. But if I may ask, how do you know all of that? Was all that knowledge given with you when you incarnated on Earth or is all of that just merely your Earthly beliefs you stumbled upon yourself? I myself do not know if angels exist, but with my own common sense I always thought if angels are real they are higher ranked beings than humans and existed thousands of years before the first human souls emerged. As such, after those thousands of years they learned everything and no longer need to incarnate in the human era. I am also trapped with the belief that IF angels exist, they would display favoritism with a very few humans and don't want to have anything to do with 99% of humanity because of the sick and disgusting kind of beings we have become (and possibly will always remain).

I learned what I currently know through being told, figuring things out and then asking for confirmation either through words or symbols, remembering, or just knowing without realizing it wasn't a fact for other people.

As for how old angels are I don't know, time in our world doesn't exactly apply to them, some could say they are thousands of years old, others could say they are millions of years old and they'd both be right.

Favoritism... I can't speak for all angels when it comes to that. I have favorite things for certain things like clothes, food, drink, tv shows etc. I do have people I prefer to spend time with over others because they understand and care for me more. But do I truly have a favorite person? I don't think I do because I love them for different reasons.

I agree with you that humans have done and probably still will do awful things. I partially understand why these things happen but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt to think about. When it comes to things that are truly awful, I see and feel like their souls must be tainted. It bleeds into the body from the soul or from the body into the soul in a cycle of hate and pain. It is like a virus, so easy to give to others. But I can't hate them for it. Sometimes I truly wish I could because I am so upset and hurt by what has happened but I just truly can't. All I can do is hope that everyone involved will be okay in the end. Again, I don't not know what all angels think, but this is how I see and feel.
We have lots of ups and downs, pleasures and pains, but that's life and we learn to accept the bad with the good. Without the bad times, we wouldn't appreciate the good times. Life is precious and I cherish it, every living moment.
-Sailor Moon