Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 13-06-2012, 07:42 PM
MattParkman

The physics of Gaia

The human brain consists of about 300 million neurons that communicate with each other through electrical signals and create patterns that form thoughts. In nature there are over 1 trillion plant cells that communicate with each other through the same electrical signals as neurons. Isn't it inevitable that a super conscious could be created by the natural patterns of plant communication? If you don't understand this please feel free to post a question about it and I can elaborate. I believe this super consciousness is Gaia, the Spirit of the Earth
Old 14-06-2012, 03:00 PM
pixszi

The earth is ensouled as well as beings on her surface. Although the beings on her surface are intimately involved with her, she has her own identity.
Old 14-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Master
Actually, if you read up on Lovelock, he theorised that life force is spread throughout the entire planet and all parts of it, animal, vegetable, and mineral. Gaia is the consciousness of the entire biomass !
Old 14-08-2012, 07:43 PM
dhaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Actually, if you read up on Lovelock, he theorised that life force is spread throughout the entire planet and all parts of it, animal, vegetable, and mineral. Gaia is the consciousness of the entire biomass !

This is the sort of thing I can completely believe. Lovelock, eh? I'll have to take a look..
Old 14-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Master
I believe this super consciousness is Gaia, the Spirit of the Earth.

Then, my friend, what is the superconsciousness of which Gaia (and the universe) is a part?

Xan

Old 15-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Master
Xan, I am inclined to see a hierarchical model for the cosmos. All planets having an equivalent to our Gaia. All planets in a "family" with our solar system having a consciousness. Our galaxy, the Milky Way, have consciousness. Our local group of galaxies etc, etc.
We probably have to rethink "Consciousness"
Old 16-08-2012, 12:58 AM
Master
I agree... all forms have consciousness to one degree or another. One may investigate... What is the source of it all? ... What is formless, unboundaried awareness?

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 16-08-2012 at 02:11 AM.
Old 16-08-2012, 02:10 AM
n2mec

For me, i was under the impression that even a rock had a certain level of consciousness holding it together if you will and from that the picture gets bigger or smaller depending which way you choose to go.

I'm just curious what's hold the universe together.
Old 16-08-2012, 07:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I agree... all forms have consciousness to one degree or another. One may investigate... What is the source of it all? ... What is formless, unboundaried awareness?

Xan

Is there a possibility that consciousness arises where there is complexity of form ?
Old 16-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Master
Well, norseman... Then what would the consciousness arise from, exactly?

In my understanding awareness itself is the source of all forms, rather than the other way around. Then through forms consciousness expressions develop further in particular ways.

You could try this investigation for yourself. Let go of all perceptions of form, sensory and mental into emptiness. Then see... Is there still awareness while not aware of any thing.

Xan