Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 15-02-2013, 09:49 PM
slaga

What is human nature?

I have some to say on the matter, but interested in your thoughts...
Old 17-02-2013, 04:24 PM
WonderGarth

The "nature" of man .. is spirit :)

Every attribute one imagines is of spirit ... appearing as natural/physical .
Old 17-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Master
The nature of man is nature, just like all else is nature, we are not special, that is no more special than any other part of nature, in fact to see ourselves separate is not to see nature as it truly is, we are one with all else, and that is nature, that is our true nature.
Old 18-02-2013, 04:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
The nature of man is nature, just like all else is nature, we are not special, that is no more special than any other part of nature, in fact to see ourselves separate is not to see nature as it truly is, we are one with all else, and that is nature, that is our true nature.

I was reading some Foucault who says that all reality is socially constructed and that there;s no such thing as human nature.
Old 18-02-2013, 05:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I was reading some Foucault who says that all reality is socially constructed and that there;s no such thing as human nature.
Yes you may have read that, but find out for yourself, second-hand knowledge is worth nothing.
Old 18-02-2013, 06:24 AM
Chango

The nature of man is a watery soul bent and shaped by experience.
Old 18-02-2013, 08:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yes you may have read that, but find out for yourself, second-hand knowledge is worth nothing.

That you say ^ is worth nothing to me then.
Old 18-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
That you say ^ is worth nothing to me then.
Yep, that is true, like I said, find out for yourself.
Old 18-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Master
Hehehe, the way something is seen is put into context and that's the only way anyone speaks, so foucault isn't saying worthless things, and I'd imagine psychoslice has shelves full of 'useless' books, and has read all of them. The difference is that I read things that are various and not for the sake of perpetuating my own propaganda, not for the sake of agreeing or disagreeing, but for the sake of interest in what they might say, to what end? So a preacher can say something inane to me on a flakey internet forum? Fine, but Foucault says a very interesting thing.

Some will have their own ideas and think that's **** and others will be agreeable and the enlightened ones will use it as their preaching platform, but not me, I just wonder what he means by what he said. Of course I read further and he elaborated on it, and he say's things in a particular context, the social norm and the way we see things through that, and each of us are nothing more than figments in our own mind.
Old 18-02-2013, 08:37 AM
Master
Hey we posted at the same time lol.