Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 10-06-2019, 06:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Some teachings state that the Soul (the individualised consciousness of Spirit or Being) is always pure but initially undeveloped. Therefore the Soul learns from the experiences of successive temporary personalities. Learning consists of the acquisition of knowledge, the capacity to love, and the development of will. Eventually the Soul finds full expression through the lower personality.

By the time the Soul is ready to move on from this Earthly sphere, that which was initially undeveloped has become a radiant jewel. All the suffering of our human experiences has passed, and the result is worth all that suffering.

Peace.

I agree with what you write here iamthat.

Still can't get my head around why it takes thousands of lifetimes though. Can you?
Old 10-06-2019, 07:01 AM
Master
I embrace that there is a two tier system to fulfilling ones’ purpose. The first tier is to discover our innate gift;
in my opinion everyone has and innate talent, and that talent, if used for a greater purpose, can lead us to be
enlightened by our deeper being; “soul” if you will.

We all have and innate gift, regardless whatever disability we may or may not have. A person can be dyslexic
or autistic and still display innate talents. Talents that come to them fairly effortlessly. But some people don’t
discover their talents until late in life and others do not discover them at all.

When we discover our gifts those gifts become as a vehicle towards greater illumination and enlightenment.
Our talents or gifts are what we are here to offer humanity, or to offer this creation. Our innate gifts give
us a very specific purpose in this life that can help fulfill a greater general spiritual purpose in our lives.

So while some may talk of the purpose of human life as being this or that, I feel each and every individual
has a specific way towards achieving their greater purpose. People who can not find their purpose, or discover
their gifts, or talents, are usually miserable. Often it is our passion which can point us towards our innate gifts.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I agree with what you write here iamthat.

Still can't get my head around why it takes thousands of lifetimes though. Can you?

In the channelling section there is a Q&A with Gautama Buddha by Vijay Mehra. It addresses your question ... directly from the source!

Old 10-06-2019, 02:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Any theory on why?
One theory is the binary soul.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

In the channelling section there is a Q&A with Gautama Buddha by Vijay Mehra. It addresses your question ... directly from the source!

Thank you, I will check it out.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
One theory is the binary soul.

I've heard SF member Bartholomew talk about where the soul splits into two. He said this is what twin flames actually are. Not meant to meet up in the same lifetime though.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:56 PM
A lot of pages I haven't read, sorry.
I have never had a bit of suffering or struggle or troubles
that was pointless.
And I have had my life shown to me, maybe 3 times.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-06-2019, 08:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
A lot of pages I haven't read, sorry.
I have never had a bit of suffering or struggle or troubles
that was pointless.
And I have had my life shown to me, maybe 3 times.

Hi Miss Hepburn, there is a saying that we should not suffer too much over our suffering.
I have had a great deal of so-called suffering in my life, like losing my eyesight and going
blind for 5-years, but I adjusted to it and after adjusting, I did not consider my blindness
to be a struggle or suffering.

In fact it was a struggle getting my eyesight back and having to adjust to being able to see
again after 5-years and more than a dozen eye surgeries. As a soldier in Vietnam I saw lots
of suffering, but what always amazed me were children who grew up in war torn areas, and
how playful they were, how they showed a lot of joy in spite of their situation.

I think everyone handles hardship differently, there is no better or worst, there is just individual
ways of reacting; and I don’t think everyone should be expected to handle hardship and suffering
the same way.

I found it interesting that people in wealthy nations generally live longer than people in poor
nations but generally people in wealthy nations commit suicide more than people in poor nations.
Although there are some exceptions.
Old 10-06-2019, 08:50 PM
Master

Quote:

I guess that we are just slow learners .

Peace
Old 10-06-2019, 09:57 PM
Administrator
I have to Echo what starman says I have suffered in my life time I still do.from being born with a gift to being ridiculed for it etc now I have so much wrong with me, it is easier to say what I don't have,
But my niece suffered with Edwards syndrome and through everything she went through she always had a smile on her face.
a few minutes with her and your problems faded into significance.
she by passed every milestone we were told she would never reach.
we all have times of suffering and hardship but a lot is how we deal with it.

Namaste