Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 20-12-2022, 04:49 PM
Newbie ;)

Dreamless sleep

I was doing great with my dream recall. Then my father passed about a year ago and the dreams just stopped. After some time they returned briefly then they stopped completely again. Does anyone know why I may have had these periods of silence? I fell like my dreaming helps me learn what I am really feeling and it is like I have tried to block my subconscious almost from speaking, like maybe I don't want to hear it. I don't know. I think I am getting closer to integrating my shadow and maybe this is a response to that. Any thoughts on this topic are welcome! Thank you in advance
Old 20-12-2022, 10:12 PM
Master

Start with yourself, all that you are comes from within yourself, so whatever comes to surface in your human experience, comes from within, from yourself, so there are also the answers to whatever questions you have about the inner workings of your being. Meditation is one way to look within yourself.
Old 21-12-2022, 03:56 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you

Thank you for your response and ideas. I am meditating but it's been hard to relax but I am still working at it. I will keep on!
Old 21-12-2022, 04:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglunamoon
Thank you for your response and ideas. I am meditating but it's been hard to relax but I am still working at it. I will keep on!

It's an illusory wall, if you wait a little bit longer you will find out that you will be able to deeply relax and reach quite deep within yourself. It happens to me from time to time, I just can't meditate at all but I wait and after a while I am deeply meditating. And there's one more thing, you can take it easy, a minute daily and then more and more. That one minute of conscious breathing, of conscious awareness of self does wonders.

There are days when my mind is flooded by thoughts, chatter, on and on, and at times I meditate for a little bit and sometimes I let the chatter go on and find out that it stops after a while. Sometimes I just can't meditate and I leave it for a later time.
Old 21-12-2022, 04:59 PM
Pathfinder

You can't do much about your sub-conscious mind. It is autonomous. Why pay so much attention to dreams? Let them come and go naturally. Hope your meditation improves.
Make a small start like ThatMan said, perhaps twice a day. Finding two or three minutes for it may not be difficult.
Old 22-12-2022, 02:49 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you both this is very helpful.
Old 22-12-2022, 09:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglunamoon
I was doing great with my dream recall. Then my father passed about a year ago and the dreams just stopped. After some time they returned briefly then they stopped completely again. Does anyone know why I may have had these periods of silence? I fell like my dreaming helps me learn what I am really feeling and it is like I have tried to block my subconscious almost from speaking, like maybe I don't want to hear it. I don't know. I think I am getting closer to integrating my shadow and maybe this is a response to that. Any thoughts on this topic are welcome! Thank you in advance

If what you said was true, that you dreamed regularly up until point A, then chances are, something within that point caused a reaction to you that changed your mind affecting the result you wanted to experience.

Meaning, it's possible the passing of your father altered your sleeping rhythm which affects your sleep. Ie, you're not going as deep now, because the stress of the passing keeps you up. Do you wake up in the middle of the night more? Do you feel yourself going deeper into the sleep state that you normally do? Do you toss and turn more? Do you find yourself restless during the night? Do you have more anxiety since the passing of your father? Do you wake up feeling exhausted in the morning when before you used to sleep better? This are things to ponder on to have a better understanding about your sleep and how it may have changed since the passing of your father which can relate to dreaming.

Of course, depending on how close you were to your father, that passing may have caused you to shut down some to your dreaming, and or even spiritual gifts. Death, especially when it hits that close to us, has a tendency to alter us and can either cause tremendous growth, or we can step back a lot, and take longer to recover from it.

Either way, too much pressure on yourself to dream and recall them will make it harder for yourself to do so as you will push it away.