Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

View Poll Results: Do you think dramatic changes are going to occur soon
Yes 8 72.73%
No 2 18.18%
Don't care 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
That the biblical ‘Many shall run to and fro’ means modern transportation isn’t necessarily so.
Knowledge has increased considerably throughout all of history.
Knowledge has always increased but never at the rate it is increasing now.
Old 29-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
Then how do you explain the verses that immediately precede the one I quoted?
And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. And those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the sky above; and those who turn many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.

The prophecy might begin with Darius but it goes on to the end of the age.

he could jsut be talking about god destroying assyria, which, the assyrian empire fell not to long after judeism came about. doesnt mean its pertaining to now, which , i reapeat is the major assumption we make...
Old 30-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
he could jsut be talking about god destroying assyria, which, the assyrian empire fell not to long after judeism came about. doesnt mean its pertaining to now, which , i reapeat is the major assumption we make...
And how can this statement
"Many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt."

possibly be referring to the destruction of Assyrian or to any other event which has occurred in the past?
Old 05-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Hello Deusdrum,

I am quiet surprised that we have found an area to differ on, if only because normally we seem pretty much aligned.

Please allow to me explain.

The nature of any percieved possible upcoming change was immaterial to me simply because perceptions differ. For example. economic dissolution is a catastrophy for some whilst others think such a back to basics event might be just what the doctor ordered.
Others still regard a mass extinction event as the rapture, Going Home, or Ascension while to others the prospect is the very epitome of the horror's.

I thought I should clear that up.

Yeah, i hear you Neville. There is a shift going on in my opinion, i think anyone that says otherwise is in denial. However, life is always changing, perhaps it is more akin to that, "the only constant", though i personally feel it is beyond mere business as usual.

-edit- removal of extraneous stupidness formerly in this spot, as you were..
Old 05-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Humm

Well said. Things are always changing - but methinks change has been accelerating for some time...