Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 19-01-2007, 06:58 PM
ljepotica

Question You have got to be joking...

Hey all,

Came across this article and I'm sure some of you have read this.
Apparently scientists including 18 nobel prize winners are claiming that the world is coming to an end:

Julia Layton. "Why do scientists think we're nearing the end of the world?". January 19, 2007 http://science.howstuffworks.com/doomsday-clock.htm (January 19, 2007)

I mean seriously!?!?

Sorry I don't mean to offend anybody here but should we really trust scientists? I don't really trust them that much anyhow. Nowadays they all seem to research this and that and just further help to feed on fear and their ego's by coming out with their research findings-I mean even if you have a nobel prize it doesn't mean that you know what is going on and it doesn't mean you will fix things...contrubuting towards fear never fixed anything and never will...

Surely this is another fear factor-they claim that with political, environmental, technological and nuclear state of affairs the world is in danger...

And what exactly are the so called world powers doing to prevent this?
Causing fear is not something I classify as help!

Can they not learn/admit that nothing more than the insecurities and fears of the human mind will cause what they're claiming to be the so-called end? If that is going to happen!

It's just a poor excuse in order to control the world and keep order of the already diminishing status quo of the current system...

Sorry again if I've offended anybody but I was actually thinking "what a whole load of ****" when I read the above link-if certain western powers didn't try to dictate to the whole world there would be no conflict in the first place...

Any ideas on this?
Old 19-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Lazuli

This is somewhat unrelated, but I have been guided to Starchild's Earthlog Entry for January 13th shortly after reading this article, and I cannot help but think that the Doomsday Clock is simply an attempt of those in power to keep us from noticing the miracles taking place all around us.

For those few here that are interested, I highly recommend reading the latest post of the astrological blog Collaborate With Fate titled SIGNS, OMENS & PORTENTS - update.

I am a big fan of the The Sabian Symbols Oracle and was intrigued by the symbol I received for the following question:

What is the purpose of the Doomsday Clock? What are they really trying to do?

Quote:

CAPRICORN 2
THREE STAINED-GLASS WINDOWS IN A GOTHIC CHURCH, ONE DAMAGED BY WAR

This pictures the need to stay strong under the barrage of bombardment. One of the three corners of unity, in this case the one of love, is damaged and separated by the aggressive nature of mankind. With the shatter of the 'window', there is often a loss of faith, hope and trust. Acceptance of love can lead to a healing on many levels. As Leonard Cohen says "there is a crack, a crack in everything. That's where the light gets in".

Careless aggression where love should be. Religious and philosophical differences sparking off problems. Seeking sanctuary.

The Caution: Feeling disconnected from the situation, fearfulness. A feeling of being `under attack'. Fear and terrorism in all its forms.

This only strengthens my suspician that the Doomsday Clock is only promoting widespread fear.

Lazuli

Last edited by Lazuli : 19-01-2007 at 09:42 PM.
Old 19-01-2007, 10:13 PM
dreamer

Hey ljepotica,

sounds like the article's made you more determined to follow your own path, added a bit of fire to your determination. tis good no?
Old 20-01-2007, 02:14 PM
biyu_wolf_77

well concederin wikipedia said its been at 2 minutes to before an its a 5 minutes to right now theres no worry i just await 2012 see what comes at that time
Old 13-02-2007, 11:54 PM
Ascended Master

I believe 2012 will be the time for a positive shift.

But I also believe we must do more to help spread the light in the mean time, in order to enhance the affect of that shift?

Where it comes to scientists, I only trust the freelance ones who don't get funding! lol

AM
Closed Thread