Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 11-04-2011, 12:34 PM
JustAm

I dont eat animal products because i dont feel well when I do. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm a vegan because of moral reasons, it’s just a matter of feeling better. All the vegans I know also tell me that they feel a lot better after making the transition. And for nutrition, go ahead and google protein myth and b12 myth, you might be surprised by what you find.

For those who do decide to eat meat, it’s way better for you to stick with the organic free range meats.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAm
I dont eat animal products because i dont feel well when I do. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm a vegan because of moral reasons, it’s just a matter of feeling better. All the vegans I know also tell me that they feel a lot better after making the transition. And for nutrition, go ahead and google protein myth and b12 myth, you might be surprised by what you find.

For those who do decide to eat meat, it’s way better for you to stick with the organic free range meats.

Yes, I was surprised when I learned that protein is very plentiful
in a vegan diet. I actually found out I ate 50-80 grams more that I need
when I was on a meat based diet. I got too much protein. Which,
for some reason, people think isn't possible.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Time

Thats the funny thing about vegans. THey usualy feel better, but theres no actual scientific proof to say so. Its probably due to the fact taht they are making them selves feel happy, and or the placebo effect - You think it will do something and it did.

And ive looked up those "myths". Mosts of what ive read states the opposite. But then again its hard to find unbiased information both ways ( lots of the sites that said " thers not enough protien in a vegan diet" or " its harder to keep them up", are endoresed by meat suppliers, and, some vegan ones, are endoresces by vegan buisnesses or drs) it goes both ways. You really have to go beyond the internet here. Ive asked my dr, and nutritionalists, and even teachers at school, and vegans. The vegans who routinly see their Drs for vit and mineral levels, are all on protien pills.

The bottom line is that you are happy. If it made you feel better staying away from meat, then why would you eat meat?? LOL. Humans now seem to see it as a morality choice, and very very few actualy realize the health implications of changing your diet, even from just removing red meat from their diets. If you do end up doing damage, you wont see it for decades, not with in afew days or weeks ( some vit deficientcies will show up quick, but are easy to fix of course).

But what about fats? Your body actualy needs a certain about of saturated fat, which is nigh impossible from getting from a stickly veggie diet ( of course its possible to work around it though, other wise all vegans would be very sickly, and that isnt always the case).

I do agree about eating too much protien. Many of us over eat meat, and i wouldnt ever want to try to purposly sugarcoat that. Too much can harden your arteries, leat to heavy excess fat, and heart attacks from cholesterol. But most of us also eat too much salt, and too much saturated fat, and too much sugar, too much carcenages from processed food. 50 - 80 grams of protien is what..... 10% of your daily reccomended amount? What about the 40% of your daily salt intake thats in vegaterian meals per serving? Or the loads of processed preservatives and fillers in your veggie dog? The bleach in your white flour? Theres negatives on both sides and positives. Trying to be sympothetic to animals ( that some wouldnt hesitate to attack you) is impartial in some ways to the fact that we eat to be healthy. Your health is number one. You cant help others, if you yourself is in need of care.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
Apparently there have been tests conducted that show that plants experience awareness in very basic and powerful forms (knowing when danger is near, reacting to damage, thriving when they know there is less or no threat of danger.)

From what I remembered this test was conducted with sensory equipment while a person who had previously harmed the plant some time before actually entered the same room it was in. Interestingly the sensory device went berserk when the threatening individual was in the room...and when the plant was confronted with another person who had stroked its leaves and greeted it previously, it responded in a completely different way.
I think you're talking about the work of Cleve Backster.

Plants don't suffer in ways we recognize. That's why we don't feel bad about eating them. Animals express pain and suffering in ways we easily recognize. That's why I let someone else put them into neat little packages for me!
Old 11-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Thats the funny thing about vegans. THey usualy feel better, but theres no actual scientific proof to say so. Its probably due to the fact taht they are making them selves feel happy, and or the placebo effect - You think it will do something and it did.

And ive looked up those "myths". Mosts of what ive read states the opposite. But then again its hard to find unbiased information both ways ( lots of the sites that said " thers not enough protien in a vegan diet" or " its harder to keep them up", are endoresed by meat suppliers, and, some vegan ones, are endoresces by vegan buisnesses or drs) it goes both ways. You really have to go beyond the internet here. Ive asked my dr, and nutritionalists, and even teachers at school, and vegans. The vegans who routinly see their Drs for vit and mineral levels, are all on protien pills.

The bottom line is that you are happy. If it made you feel better staying away from meat, then why would you eat meat?? LOL. Humans now seem to see it as a morality choice, and very very few actualy realize the health implications of changing your diet, even from just removing red meat from their diets. If you do end up doing damage, you wont see it for decades, not with in afew days or weeks ( some vit deficientcies will show up quick, but are easy to fix of course).

But what about fats? Your body actualy needs a certain about of saturated fat, which is nigh impossible from getting from a stickly veggie diet ( of course its possible to work around it though, other wise all vegans would be very sickly, and that isnt always the case).

I do agree about eating too much protien. Many of us over eat meat, and i wouldnt ever want to try to purposly sugarcoat that. Too much can harden your arteries, leat to heavy excess fat, and heart attacks from cholesterol. But most of us also eat too much salt, and too much saturated fat, and too much sugar, too much carcenages from processed food. 50 - 80 grams of protien is what..... 10% of your daily reccomended amount? What about the 40% of your daily salt intake thats in vegaterian meals per serving? Or the loads of processed preservatives and fillers in your veggie dog? The bleach in your white flour? Theres negatives on both sides and positives. Trying to be sympothetic to animals ( that some wouldnt hesitate to attack you) is impartial in some ways to the fact that we eat to be healthy. Your health is number one. You cant help others, if you yourself is in need of care.

Well about protein, some one of my weight needs 45 grams of protein.
When i ate meat I could get up to 100 grams a day.
And placebo effects are convincing but I don't think it's so powerful
that they can make people lose weight, get rid of acne, higher their energy,
make their allergies fade, relive them from migraines, give them
strong nails/hair, lowers blood pressure, and "A major study showed that men
in the early stages of prostate cancer who switched to a vegan diet either
stopped the progress of the cancer or may have even reversed the illness."
(http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/28979.php )
and even more benefits have been reported. I highly doubt they were all from a placebo effect.

"The beef industry has contributed to more American deaths than all the wars of this
century, all natural disasters, and all automobile accidents combined. If beef is your idea
of 'real food for real people,' you'd better live real close to a real good hospital.”
- Neal D. Barnard, M.D., President, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
Old 11-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Time

"The beef industry has contributed to more American deaths than all the wars of this
century, all natural disasters, and all automobile accidents combined. If beef is your idea
of 'real food for real people,' you'd better live real close to a real good hospital.”
- Neal D. Barnard, M.D., President, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine

Im sorry, i cant believe that. Theya re obviously biased, and are not looking at the right numbers. They probably accociated every death from a heart attack and " over ewight" people..... And you gotta think mor ethen 80% of the population eats meat..... the numbers dont add up. Theres hudreds of millions of death attributed to war in the last hundred years. WWII had millions of jewish people killed alone. East Timor had 3 million, teh Kamere rouge had millions.... the list goes on and on..

as well as those trials. Those symptoms could jsut be a diet, literaly. More veggie sin your diet is good, and promotes health, which are the exact symptoms you describe. A vegan can have all those symptoms, due to stress, let alone hundres of other ailments that can be attributed to those symptoms. Acne could be pily skin, allergies could be allergy to MSG, which is in evry processed food outthere same with migraines.

Switing to a vegetarian diet usualy makes people feel good, becasue over 80% of us dont eat enough veggies. When we switch to a vegetrtarian diet, we get laoded full of nutrients. Just becasue you feel good doesnt mean your heatly as well, but the main thing is that there are different reasons asto switching could make you feel good, NOT only becasue fo the diet.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:35 PM
Guide
Quote:

Im sorry, i cant believe that. Theya re obviously biased, and are not looking at the right numbers. They probably accociated every death from a heart attack and " over ewight" people..... And you gotta think mor ethen 80% of the population eats meat..... the numbers dont add up. Theres hudreds of millions of death attributed to war in the last hundred years. WWII had millions of jewish people killed alone. East Timor had 3 million, teh Kamere rouge had millions.... the list goes on and on..

as well as those trials. Those symptoms could jsut be a diet, literaly. More veggie sin your diet is good, and promotes health, which are the exact symptoms you describe. A vegan can have all those symptoms, due to stress, let alone hundres of other ailments that can be attributed to those symptoms. Acne could be pily skin, allergies could be allergy to MSG, which is in evry processed food outthere same with migraines.

Switing to a vegetarian diet usualy makes people feel good, becasue over 80% of us dont eat enough veggies. When we switch to a vegetrtarian diet, we get laoded full of nutrients. Just becasue you feel good doesnt mean your heatly as well, but the main thing is that there are different reasons asto switching could make you feel good, NOT only becasue fo the diet.

Yes adding veggies to you diet is great. But the benefits of vegetables/fruits
doesn't diminish the risks from meat and dairy. Meat and dairy usually are
contaminated with blood, semen, excrement, urine, E. coli, pus, listeria, bacteria,
antibiotics, and other nasties that can cause serious health problems.

http://www.healthandgoodness.com/art...s-of-meat.html
Old 11-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Time

Theres risks either way. The pecticides on food have been linked to birth defects and changes in your dna. Not to mention the build up of gasses in your intestine due to massive amounts of fibre.

Everysingle one of those things is present on everything you own. Its on yoru skin, and in every bit of food you eat, as well as insect larve, carcasus, and eggs, feces from manure, as well as sulfates and nitrates from synthetic fertilizer.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Guide
Quote:
Theres risks either way. The pecticides on food have been linked to birth defects and changes in your dna. Not to mention the build up of gasses in your intestine due to massive amounts of fibre.

Everysingle one of those things is present on everything you own. Its on yoru skin, and in every bit of food you eat, as well as insect larve, carcasus, and eggs, feces from manure, as well as sulfates and nitrates from synthetic fertilizer.

That's why you buy organic and local vegetables/fruits that are only in seasons.
You can grow a garden (even if it's a small one) and always ALWAYS, wash
vegetables/fruits multiple times before consumption.

And while there is no diet currently available that is 100 percent perfect
and 100 percent clean, that isn't necessarily an excuse to cause more damage than necessary.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:49 PM
mahakali

hmm do you grow a garden lovely? and how do u keep bugs off? i know there is some natural ways or less harmful ways like spraying tomato leaves with dish soap for the aphids, man those suckers will kill an entire crop in a matter of days here in GA!