Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 09-08-2017, 11:38 PM
Newbie ;)

What happens to your spirit and soul when you go insane?

Your spirit is your conscience, communion, and wisdom. Your soul is your mind, will, and emotions. What happens to all of those things of your spirit and soul when you go insane?
Old 10-08-2017, 08:34 AM
Lorelyen

Not sure that can be answered unless you can define what you mean by "go insane". Do you mean succumb to one of the disorders in the DSM?

To me, the soul (which tries to drive your existence) continues just as much the root of your being as before.
Whether it's behind someone taking a route that others consider "abnormal" is probably questionable. Plenty happens between the soul trying
to do its job and the public front people put up.
We're individuals. We may need to check our state-of-being so we can function in our environments. The main thing is, should one's direction pose harm to others
then those others have a right to defence. Which in turn poses the question of how much aberrant behaviour comes from the soul, if any?

I sometimes think about the detestable behviour of Christians who exercised the cruelest, most appalling oppression of slaves "in the name of God."
Did this come from their soul? Did they abandon soul in order to exact their horrors? To me it was institutionally accepted insanity.

Old 10-08-2017, 07:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualNovice
Your spirit is your conscience, communion, and wisdom. Your soul is your mind, will, and emotions. What happens to all of those things of your spirit and soul when you go insane?

I don't know if this is true. The mind is linked to the physical (brain) this is all I know right now. Does the soul nurture the mind or the mind nurture the soul. The soul is considered pure and innocent so to speak. The soul of the child, the soul of the adult, are they the same. What we notice is an observable change sometimes. What I'm aware of is, we do not know what is the mind and what is the brain, mind is a conscious physical experience but that is not the mind. Try imagining "feeling" what you feel without the physical body that create the energy you feel. Without the body there would be no experience or direction to it. The mind should not direct emotion but is exposed to that nature, so is the developing the HS relevant. The HS is that mind awareness imo one connects to. Is the soul to become more like the body or the body more like the soul. I do have a feeling about this and that is what the you is suppose to learn iow the soul is to learn something. The soul then is not fully formed spiritually.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:35 PM
Master

Everyone will answer this differently depending on how they define spirit, soul and insanity.

So for me:

Spirit is our Being, that life within us. This is always present whatever our personal condition. Being is beyond all qualities.

Soul is consciousness, the individualisation of Being. The qualities of Soul are joy, love, compassion, wisdom, peace, etc. The Soul is not touched by the condition of the personality.

Insanity is a disorder of the personality, which consists of the lower mind, emotions, the etheric energy body and the dense physical body. Such a disorder or imbalance may have its origins in the physical brain, or the etheric body, or the emotional body or the mental vehicle. The flow of energy is blocked or distorted, resulting in apparent insanity.

The process of death eliminates the physical body, and then gradually the rest of the personality. If the origins of insanity are in the emotional or mental body then healing can occur after physical death.

The spirit and the soul remain untouched by personal insanity, although the soul will absorb the lessons of each incarnation.

Peace.