Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 05-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Celeste

Bird and babies in a nest . . . .

At work I saw something I never saw in my life, and it was awesome. There was a sturdy bird's nest, nestled between a gutter and the porch, at the nursing home where I work. I say sturdy, because there were terrible storms, and the nest was still in tact. First there was just the nest. Then I saw a plump bird, sometimes just her (?) head, then nothing at all and then her full body. I saw another bird come and go. Then I saw the bird leave the nest, and when she came back there were little heads with mouthes open waiting for their mother to feed them. A couple of days later, the little birds had hair on them, and a couple days after that, they were all gone, leaving an empty nest. This all happened in the period of about a month. And like I said, it was pretty wonderful.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Master
That must've been a truly heartwarming thing to watch as this little family grew up and left. Could you tell what kind of birds they were, Celeste?

Old 05-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Celeste

I think a Robin.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Master
Awww. Birds get used to humans being around, which is nice.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:15 PM
Celeste

I kept watching it, and watching it. Others thought I was nuts. But I SAW exactly how it is done vs. reading about it. At one of my other job, downtown and very urban, I would sit on a park bench and eat my lunch, with all the birds. I swear it was the same birds every time! They were so tame, almost, but not quite, eating out of my hand.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:33 PM
flyingunicorn

maybe you have a connection with those birds or they could even be your power animals..it's truly lovely seeing little chicks grow .I used to have a pigeon making a nest right on my bedroom window in india..it's beautiful..it was also really amazing how different the babies look from their parents..
Old 05-09-2011, 06:24 PM
iolite

Those baby birds grow up fast!! There is a house in the our neighborhood that has a bluebird house by the driveway not too far from the street. Me, being naturally nosy, er curious, I took a peak inside and I saw three little speckled eggs. The next time Willow and I walked by -- maybe a few days, Mamma was perched on her eggs. I got an up close and personal viewing of a bluebird!! really neat! I brought a camera along and got pictures. The next time Willow and I walked by (few days later) the eggs had hatched. I saw three very brand new and necked chicks with their mouths wide open. A week later, they had feathers and still had their mouths open. I didn't get by there again for a few weeks more and the nest was empty.