Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 27-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Knower

Human souls of Heaven.

"In "Bundahis" (xxix. 5-6, xxx. 17) the immortals that come to the assistance of Soshians ("the Savior") are mentioned by name, and the number of the righteous men and damsels that live forever is specified as fifteen each (Windischman, "Zoroastrische Studien," 1863, pp. 244-249; comp. "the thirty righteous ones that stand before God all day preserving the world"; Gen. R. xxxvi.; Yer. 'Ab. Zarah ii. 40; Midr, Teh. Ps. v.; Suk. 45b has "the thirty-six righteous").

Has anyone heard of these thirty or thirty six righteous men and damsels?
Can anyone direct me to where I might find more information about them?"

I recently posted this on another forum and was directed here and to google "Lamed vav".
However ,I don't think this is what I am looking for.
To explain, a few years back I have visions concerning a small group heavenly human souls (As I understood it, they don't incarnate). I am not given to having visions.I've had three in my whole life, so this is very unusual for me.
Are there any other groups of immortals other than the ones mentioned in the quote?
Old 28-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Yamah

There is a concept in Judaism of "36 Tzaddikim Nistarim", or "36 hidden righteous people". As far as I know, this refers to 36 people who are incarnated every generation as extremely righteous people who don't reveal themselves as being righteous. The world is said to only be worthy of existing because of these 36 even though nobody knows who they are. As far as I know the 36 are not organized, are not immortal and or not necessarily the same souls from generation to generation. My knowledge of the subject is, however, limited.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzadikim_Nistarim - Wikipedia has an article which may offer some good facts.

Quotes from inner.org:
"Tzadik Nistar ("concealed tzadik"; pl. tzadikim nistarim):
A tzadik nistar is a hidden tzadik, whose righteousness remains unknown to his community. In every generation there are 36 tzadikim nistarim in addition to 36 revealed tzadikim. (see Leviatan and Behemot) Together they combine to form the 72 "bridges" (corresponding to the 72 Names of G-d) described in the Zohar as linking together the concealed and revealed worlds. It requires tremendous self sacrifice for a tzadik nistar to reveal himself to the world. This was first accomplished in full by the Ba'al Shem Tov."

"Tzadik ("Righteous" person; pl. Tzadikim):
A tzadik is someone who has succeeded in fully overcoming the evil inclination of his animal soul (and has converted its potential into good) and who dedicates himself to spiritually elevating his people.

There are in general three levels of the tzadik:

1. A "complete tzadik" (tzadik gamur) who not only vanquishes in full his innate evil inclination, but even transforms it into good (for which reason he is referred to as tzadik v'tov lo," a tzadik who possesses only good).

2. An "incomplete tzadik" (tzadik she'eino gamur) who has not yet completed the task of vanquishing his evil inclination, though he has mineralized it in essence (for which reason he is called a tzadik v'ra lo," a tzadik who [still] possesses [a bit of] evil).

3. A "relative tzadik" (tzadik b'shem hamushal, or tzadik b'din) whose merits exceed his liabilities (see Tanya, chapt. 1)."
Old 30-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Knower

Thank you Yamah.
I have been reading up with the information you gave .

My understanding is the 36 or 72 are all Jewish.
Is this correct?

Does the "Guph" have any special significance to these 36 or 72?
Old 30-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Yamah

I believe the 36 and 72 are Jewish, but I looked through a few sources and haven't seen it stated explicitly. I'll have to get back to you on that.

Guph means 'Body' in Hebrew. It is spelled Gimel-Vav-Peh which adds up to 89. So as far as I know, no.
Old 30-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Yamah

I just asked a friend of mine who is more knowledgeable in these matters than I. He said that a non-Jew can be a tzaddik, but not a part of these 36+36 due to the special duties that they are required to perform. He also didn't know the significance of 'Guph' in conjunction.
Old 31-05-2012, 01:00 AM
Knower

That there are more than the 36 or 72 ..that is interesting.
Thanks again, Yamah.