Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 16-07-2023, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111
I still am confused...... If we dont/cant remember things from a previous life,HOW CAN WE LEARN FROM IT??
That is a common question and someone gave the best answer ---but I can't find it.
So I googled that question and there was so much...it was too much to link here.
Try searching ...there are many explanations ...one has got to click with you.
Good luck.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-07-2023, 11:18 PM
Dude111

Merci Beaucoup Miss H
Old 17-07-2023, 07:25 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111
If we don't/can't remember things from a previous life, HOW CAN WE LEARN FROM IT??

Learning enhances spiritual progress and the rate of progress is enhanced by the experiences we have during incarnate life.

After physical life is over we see a far bigger picture than ever we saw while incarnate. We consider whether we got from our last life what we'd hoped and planned. Those plans, made in the etheric, would have taken into account experiences from previous lives. Based on everything relevant we can decide if a further incarnation would be beneficial.

I general we aren't intended to remember previous lives (although some individuals do) but the learning we gain is recorded in our spirit selves. It's that learning which matters. We have enough to cope with in any current incarnation without adding to it by concerning ourselves with previous ones.
Old 23-12-2023, 09:44 AM
Ascender

You can do this simply by asking your Higher Self, guides etc. When something arises, ask them, “ what is this showing me? What do I need to learn from this? “ and they will give you an answer. Then ask them to help you learn what you need to learn.
Old 16-01-2024, 11:04 AM
Guide

We learn from any experience by growing in self-awareness, love and acceptance imo. In Christian terms, although I appreciate this isn't a Christian section, we become more like Christ. To get to that stage simply means being open to life and how we are responding in a given moment. The mind tends to overthink things, but simplicity is best, again imo.

There are many tools to help with awareness and acceptance, including meditation, journaling, prayer, yoga etc.
Old 16-01-2024, 02:36 PM
Master
There is the possibility that what we call life lessons may not be life lessons when looked at from the 'greater picture'. I suspect that might be why some of us may have a hard time remembering things in the pass which might be a result of us no longer having a need to hold on them any more.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 16-01-2024, 03:10 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemera
We learn from any experience by growing in self-awareness, love and acceptance imo. In Christian terms, although I appreciate this isn't a Christian section, we become more like Christ.
Indeed this forum is for discussing topics relevant to the movement, philosophy and religion of Spiritualism and Christianity has a dedicated forum for its own discussions. Nevertheless it's fair to point out that experiences in this physical world can/should/will enhance the rate of our spiritual progress and in so doing we can aspire to be more like the evolved soul who in this world is known as Jesus or the Christ and that of other illumined individuals of a similar spiritual "stature".
Old 16-01-2024, 04:49 PM
Guide

Absolutely, or otherwise known as Christ consciousness. I'm not a Christian, but I think Jesus's teachings are incredibly helpful to a lot of people who are grapping with how to grow spiritually.
Old 16-01-2024, 05:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemera
To get to that stage simply means being open to life and how we are responding in a given moment. The mind tends to overthink things, but simplicity is best, again imo.

Personally, I think that a beautiful idea. I am so very tired of trying to figure out what should come next in our quest to make this place more habitable... it sounds so very good to just stop and pay attention to what is happening 'now' and quit with all this stuff about later...
Old 30-01-2024, 11:06 AM
Nobody 444

Okay well soul lessons. Is that what they are?

Can I talk about my theory on past lives as I have had many. What if past lives “Sunny Shine” what if past lives mean so much more. I feel learning as you said is the principle here. Let's look at common theory on past life but I say, “What if you cannot have fun” and you are sent back over and over again. Each and every time you wind up in some religious dogma that tells you no. Now what do you do? What is Spirit trying to teach you now? Sunny Shine what I am trying to say what happens if you cannot learn how to have fun? Then what?
My past lives have shown me horror and love. Death and life. Demons and Angels. It is up to me to learn something from this right? No, you don't. Because you already know. Yes, and please this is very hard to explain. You place yourself in these lives can I say that? Your soul is not sleeping when we cross over, we go one of two places. In these dimensions of time and space we are awake, and things are going on. We do not remember as these memories are removed from us. If the Spirit did not, we would all be schizophrenic.

You just could never focus or be any kind of normal on this plain with those memories. And do we learn something while we are waiting to reincarnate. And does everyone reincarnate? Hummmm, I feel that every soul Sunny Shine has every answer already in them provided by our ancestors. I believe the term is leaned knowledge please do not quote me. Look at the earth worm. Everything the parent learns is in the DNA and thus all the children have the knowledge of the parents, right?
What if reincarnation is used to jump-start something similar inside of us. Maybe we upon this jump start begin to learn from the air itself. All of the knowledge is already in us. This is what I learned from my past lives and those experiences were only to pull the knowledge from me that was being buried under the world's ignorance.

Are we leaning lessons yes, we are. But are these lessons already known? I do, I think, each of us already have all the answers and we just need the key that unlocks everything we need. I also think there is more than one key. Reincarnation I do not think for a moment is our only way we are jump-started. For lack of a better word.

Sunny Shine you already know the answers for your life they are all inside of you. How do you get this knowledge out? Well, meditation is very good. Visual meditation if done properly can connect you to the Spirit. Never forget to meditate on the spirit for answers. This has helped me greatly on my journey.
The Spirit is love, and brother nothing is a better teacher. Hang in there the answeres are comming to you. Meditate and listen for them.