Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 21-09-2011, 08:01 AM
not human

Don't Tell Me That You Love Me

So a couple of us were lounging around the other night talking nonsense and generally sucking the life out of a highly compromised thread......when low and behold Rob Slice weary from a night of frollicking ......crawls in through the doggie door.....wearing some sort of ladies garment from an earlier era obviously covered in pizza stains.

He proceeds to point at us shakily with his forefinger.....he fixed his mad glare through his one good eye.......then laid this little jewel down..' Love cannot be spoken.... as soon as you start to tell someone that you love them, you actually start to tell them how you don't love them.'
He collapsed on the floor. We couldn't revive him and no one was game enough to administer CPR. We put him in the bath tub to sleep it off.

I had heard similar phrases in the past...like ' The Tao that can be spoken is not the true Tao' or ' The one who speaks of Zen...does not know Zen ' etc.

I had at the time contemplated these statements and was quite pleased with my findings. However Slice's revealings touched a new area of resonance as they implied that not only was the verbalization of these higher principals incorrect ...but downright destructive.

So I sat with that. What I then found was similar to my past inquiries however deeper in resonance. That the minds attempt at translation of love and other higher principals creates a poor quality photostat copy vastly inferior to the source and as a result...corrupted.

So the point I ponder is this......as we have a snowballs chance in hell of mentally understanding and communicating to a default areas like love, awareness, consciousness etc do we actually muddy the waters and slow ourselves down in attempting to discuss them or is the instigation at a level of mind necessary to the process of cognition on a higher level?
Old 21-09-2011, 08:24 AM
Master
NH [...What I then found was similar to my past inquiries however deeper in resonance. That the minds attempt at translation of love and other higher principals creates a poor quality photostat copy vastly inferior to the source and as a result...corrupted.]

IMO ...We only gage from what we have previously experienced often in life ..and we label things or some chew things down to the bone.. same result ..it is what it is ...at that point in time... Its nice to have mystery's as that is often what builds dreams and puts smiles into this reality .
Maybe things such as love .. and other principles need no title ... basically ..I like the old adage " don't tell me what you have done ...show me what you do"

The pot of All exists for those that just accept it ...( just a thought) .

NH ..still waving my sick flag so If I missed the point .oophs .sorry .

Love Deb
Old 21-09-2011, 08:28 AM
Master
quote NH [ do we actually muddy the waters and slow ourselves down in attempting to discuss them or is the instigation at a level of mind necessary to the process of cognition on a higher level? _________________]

Yes sometimes ..as often IMO we can miss the whole thing together...
"LIFE "
Old 21-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Master
LOL...love the intro nh ..not sure how slice will react to it though

Without putting too much thought into it, I'm answering off the top of my head for now. Might have to retract later LOL

If one comes from intellect then all manner of thoughts/emotions will interplay with your questions. Then there is the 'beyond' this which can be reached outside of intellect. Filtered through and then interpreted by the body's responses.

Ill leave it there for now
Old 21-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Master
He he, I actually did collapsed on the floor the other night, I just kept fainting in the toilet, Michelle put a blanket over me and there I slept.
Old 21-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
He he, I actually did collapsed on the floor the other night, I just kept fainting in the toilet, Michelle put a blanket over me and there I slept.

serious slice? are you okay?
Old 21-09-2011, 09:22 AM
not human

Quote:

Thanks for the poetic license mate ......as a kid I used to think God lived in the toilet because I always heard adults shouting down it for him normally after a few drinks
Old 21-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
serious slice? are you okay?
Yea, I actually felt Michelle's late husband take over my body, when I went to the toilet I just kept fainting, Michelle told me the next day that Gregory use to do the same thing, now Gregory is my surname, I also saw Gregory in a dream walk through the wall to the bed room, I sleep where he died.
Old 21-09-2011, 09:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Yea, I actually felt Michelle's late husband take over my body, when I went to the toilet I just kept fainting, Michelle told me the next day that Gregory use to do the same thing, now Gregory is my surname, I also saw Gregory in a dream walk through the wall to the bed room, I sleep where he died.

you sure you werent sniffing wine corks? LOL

Actually what you said wouldn't surprise me slice.
Old 21-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
you sure you werent sniffing wine corks? LOL

Actually what you said wouldn't surprise me slice.
No, true, it did happen, I also usually set up watching TV while Michelle is asleep, I also have a torch with me so when I turn the lights off I can find my way to the bed, well this night I forgot the torch, as I was walking to the bed room the lamp light next to Michelle came on, I could then see where I was going, Michelle jump up wondering what happen, freaky hey.