Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 12-04-2011, 07:46 AM
Knower

Wink Having trouble remaining relaxed when attempting AP - Any Advice?

Last night I attempted to AP for the 3rd or 4th time. I was laying in bed, got into a very relaxed state, and eventually I started feeling a very intense and overwhelming tingling sensation wash over me. At that point, I started thinking 'I think this is it' and I got kind of anxious, and the tingling sensation faded because I allowed my mind to wander and didn't 'go with the flow' and let it take me over.

My question is: HOW do I just let it happen and push through? When I feel that sensation I can't control the fact that I automatically start thinking and that I get anxious because the sensation is so unique and unlike anything I've experienced.

Any tips related to this would be amazing.

Peace,
Alex
Old 12-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Master

I do not know if this will help you. What I do is, I just pretend that I am sleeping and I pretend that I do not notice anything. There were a couple of times when I felt a sensation like a blow dryer blowing on me and I could hear the noise. That was so weird. It was hard to stay relaxed when that happened. Other times I have managed to stay relaxed.
The more you get AP sensations, the more you will get used to it. You will learn to ignore it and stay relaxed.
Old 13-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Felynx

I think that being relaxed is the first thing to master before leaving your body. If you get stopped before you start, dont push yourself.
I go by the quote "Do not attempt to go beyond what you havent yet accomplished"
So, in saying this, instead of getting anxious and trying to push through regardless of how overwelmed you feel, concentrate on the tingling sensation and get used to it first. When it is more familiar to you, THEN go foreward in the process of APing. Things like this cant be pushed if you simply arent ready.
Old 16-04-2011, 03:50 PM
Nemetami

I also pretend to be just trying to sleep. Else I always get itchy and uncomfortable. As soon as I hear the vibrations I try to keep control. Also the more you try, the more normal it will feel. So you won't get as anxious. I am just finally succeeding. Before I used to get scared and anxious, but I decided to stop doing so after so long XD and it worked right away.
Old 16-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-The-Iceman
Last night I attempted to AP for the 3rd or 4th time. I was laying in bed, got into a very relaxed state, and eventually I started feeling a very intense and overwhelming tingling sensation wash over me. At that point, I started thinking 'I think this is it' and I got kind of anxious, and the tingling sensation faded because I allowed my mind to wander and didn't 'go with the flow' and let it take me over.

My question is: HOW do I just let it happen and push through? When I feel that sensation I can't control the fact that I automatically start thinking and that I get anxious because the sensation is so unique and unlike anything I've experienced.

Any tips related to this would be amazing.

Peace,
Alex
"Practice".
Nothing more... there are no "tips" or "tricks" one can give you.
Just go with the flow and practice practice practice.
Old 19-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanth
"Practice".
Nothing more... there are no "tips" or "tricks" one can give you.
Just go with the flow and practice practice practice.

Alright great, thanks alot for the help. I'm going to try to practice this every night from now on.