Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 16-08-2006, 04:58 AM
Enlightener

Developing your Intuition

Hey, I thought I would go into a bit about how to develop intuition and also have a general discussion about intuition.
Firstly I will explain what intuition is and then I will tell you how to develop it.

(b)Intuition:(/b)
Intuition occurs when you are about to take a path in life that may be harmful or may not align with your best interests. The way intuition works is that you have past and future selves, versions of your self that exists in past and future realities. These selves exist from the very furthest reaches of the past to the very furthest reaches of the future. Now, intuition, the gut feeling that you get that points to a better path is caused by a version of your future self experiencing something that they found to be worrying or hurtful to the self. This future self has experienced this situation and the feeling is so strong that they send a 'gut feeling' back through time to you, the present self. This then reaches you and you are liberty to choose which path to now take.

(b)How to Develop your Intuition:(/b)
Okay, so you want to develop your intuition, but how exactly do you do this. Well, it's not that hard. Whenever you are making a choice between two (or more) paths, all you have to do is feel for the instinct that tells you which one is the 'right' one for you. This could be anything from a jarring sensation in the body to a distinct gut feeling, or any bodily feeling that signals to you that one of your choices will be more advisable than the other.
By doing this at most, if not all, distinct or seemingly minor choices in your life you will begin to develop your intuition. Your intuition is like a muscle; the more you use it the stronger it will get.
Now, say you are at the videostore and you are choosing between two DVD's on the shelf. You pick up one, but you don't feel any distinct feelings in your body or auric field, then, you pick up another one. Now you feel some sort of emotic feeling within your body, now you know which one to choose. Even if you don't think you want to watch that DVD, you'd prefer the other one, choose the one that you felt intuitive over. It may not be logical but you have to use your feelings not your thoughts or mind.
The reason you use feelings is that feelings are the language of the soul, they are the direct link between your present and future self/selves. The soul is eternal and thus exists throughout all time. Don't use your thoughts, your thoughts come from your mind and are confusing, they are not direct link to the source of all there is.

Even if you have never felt intuition before you can still do this, as everyone has intuition, it is a tool of the soul to help you on your journey through Life. It may take some practice but soon you will start to be able to choose between options with a greater, if not seemingly illogical, clarity.
Your experience may be weak at first but it will get stronger with more use, remember, intuition is like a muscle; it develops with use.

Enlightener

Last edited by Enlightener : 16-08-2006 at 05:06 AM.
Old 16-08-2006, 01:14 PM
dreamer

Here's another explaination:

Intuition is what feels right. If you believe in your intuition what feels right will prove itself to be so through the law of attraction, what feel wrong will prove itself to be so also. If you have a strong intuition you have a well developed ability to write yourself a nice story.
Old 18-08-2006, 08:01 AM
Enlightener

Can you please explain this Law of Attraction in some detail. Like what is it, where does it originate from and how does it work in everyday life?

Thanks,
Enlightener
Old 18-08-2006, 01:55 PM
dreamer

The secret is the law of attraction, like attracts like. The way you are thinking and feeling right now is emitting an energy and that energy is drawing experiences of the same frequency into your everyday experience. Get your internal energy in harmony with the experiences you would like and life is enjoyable. The universe you experience outside is a mirror for the universe you experience inside. Imagine things you want to happen and be grateful for the good things in your life and focus your mind on this and things change quickly.

I'd really recommend the film, you cannot help to get something very positive from it.
www.thesecret.tv.
Old 18-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Master
This is a wonderful thread.

I'd just like to suggest a book for helping you to get 'your internal energy in harmony with the expeirences you would like.' Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain is an amazing little book that has really helped me. I find that my life gets 'rougher' when I don't practice what the book suggests.
Old 18-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Deactivated Account
ooh that sounds a good book just might look that one up thanks mother goose
Old 18-08-2006, 10:52 PM
Master
I used to have horrible panic attacks, used to worry about EVERYTHING, but after reading that book, something REALLY bad has to happen for me to have a panic attack any more. It's really changed my life.
Old 18-08-2006, 10:59 PM
Deactivated Account
it's good

its good you could take so much from the book panic attacks are awful, too many people through a lack of understanding tend to think these are somehow 'silly' but i know they can be very serious and life affecting, glad to hear they've improved
Old 19-08-2006, 04:57 AM
Enlightener

Thanks for the book suggestion MG.

Enlightener
Old 19-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Glorymist

Dreamer - - your explanation of the Law of Attraction is superb ! !
Closed Thread