Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Old 31-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Awakened

I would love to hear other empath's experiences the only other empath's I know are my relatives.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:32 AM
Awakened

My 6 year old daughter and I saw a hummingbird a few days ago. We set up a hummingbird feeder on the back porch, my baby girl asked me what else does hummingbird's eat besides sugar water? I told her nectar from flowers. She picked a flower near by and held it in her hand and shouted.." I offer this food to you hummingbird's! I am a nature lover, don't be shy we won't harm you." A few seconds later two came down and drank from the feeder. She was so excited! Now there is a whole family living in a tree in the back yard. There are about 6-7 baby hummingbirds amongst them. It's amazing I have never seen a baby until today! We enjoy watching them so much! Like daughter, like mother- the fruit does not fall far from the tree;)
Old 07-08-2013, 02:50 AM
Deactivated Account
We have lots of hummingbirds, too. You almost never see babies until they are are parent-sized. Feeders do, when weather delays suitable flowers/blossom.
I've held quite a few, when they became trapped behind windows or plastic roofing.
You'd worry something that small, with a metabolism that high, might drop dead from the stress of being handled, but I've never lost one yet.
They really, really like fuschias :)
Old 07-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Knower
Welcome :) x
Old 07-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Awakened

I'm in Arizona and its monsoon season right now. (For those that have the actual year round seasons) and don't know about Arizona- that's when we get rain;) they are the cutest things I've ever seen!
Old 07-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Awakened

There is a resent murder of crows nesting next to my house also, it's amazing!
Old 07-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Awakened

Welcome confusedandwilling;)
Old 07-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Awakened

Are oleanders poisonous to them, like they are to Humans?
Old 07-08-2013, 04:02 PM
Deactivated Account
We have bats in summer. Big ones and small ones. Moving erratically, almost too fast to see. I've had amazing encounters with bats. They land on me sometimes.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:52 PM
AaronB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened
I would love to hear other empath's experiences the only other empath's I know are my relatives.

Where do our emotions originate? Perhaps for an empath more of their emotional experience has external rather than internal origin? Or perhaps an empath is one that experiences emotions more intensely, regardless of origin, and so is more aware of external influences.

I find it useful to consider every emotion that I feel to be completely my responsibility. No matter what external influence I might believe caused the feeling, whether someone screamed at me or transferred a vibe, if I am feeling it then it reflects something that is meaningful to me.

As I learn to adequately process the onslaught of intense emotion, I see myself increasing in sensitivity. In a sense I am affected more, but I also am developing the tools to address what comes my way more crisply.

Drinking lots of water and cardio exercise and plenty of sleep helps me to feel energized. If I'm feeling overwhelmed and depleted there isn't much I can do. I recognize that addressing emotions as they arrive requires some intentionality and focus. The practice for me is shifting from the mind to the heart. Emotions for me are often literally felt. I can recognize their location and qualities like sharpness versus heaviness and intensity of feeling.

For me processing emotions to completion is accomplished by focusing my attention on their actual effect. As I slip into my mind, the emotion seems to poison my thinking, growing like a tree and distorting my perception. As I remain firmly rooted in the feeling, allowing just enough mind to stay present with the emotion, the emotion resolves itself on its own.

All emotions seek expression in one way or another. Being felt without resistance is the cleanest way I have found of resolving any energies that come my way without passing them on to others. With focus it feels like developing a new set of skills for allowing an energy flow that previously I was resisting without notice. Its important that I keep my focus on myself. If I see instead that somebody else needs to learn something I will slip into my head again and probably build resentments rather than finding that wonderful sense of contentment that occurs as energies are completed.