Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 10-10-2019, 10:53 PM
Angel1

'The highest teaching is that everything is being taken of.'

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-10-2019, 01:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

“The Only Spiritual Life You Need Is Not To React!”

Robert Adams ***
There is a tremendous amount of truth in that sentence.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 11-10-2019, 01:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

“When I say to love your self I'm not referring to your small self, your ego self. I'm referring to your real Self. Learn to love your Self.”

Robert Adams ***
Nicely centered advice.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 11-10-2019, 03:22 AM
Master

“You have to stop trying to become something. You have to stop looking. To become self-realized, awakened. Just be. Do not be this or that. Be the pure being which you are without words, without thoughts, without explanations. It has to come from your heart not from your head. Head knowledge comes and goes but heart knowledge stays forever.

I'm speaking of the spiritual heart on the right side of the chest. Not your physical heart, not chakras, not kundalini. There is a spiritual heart on the right side of the chest that is equivalent to the source of the universe which I mentioned the other day.

But the point is the spiritual heart is equivalent to the source of all creation and this is on the right side of your chest. It is this that is the pure awareness, the absolute reality, the nirvana. It is within you. It is within you all the time. You really have to dive in it. Dive in it deeply. Go deep, deep inside the spiritual heart.”

Robert Adams

Old 11-10-2019, 03:46 AM
Master

Everyone can't be on the same path it would be boring if everybody in this whole universe and this whole world took the same path. So God gives us variety. All paths lead to the same goal. But the two paths that are very important to realize and to understand are the paths of Jnana and bhakti, the path of knowledge and the path of devotion. In the path of knowledge you understand I-am-that-I-am. You begin to inquire, "Who am I?" You negate the whole world your body included, your mind. Neti- neti, not this, not this. You deny everything and what is left is your Self. The universal Self, the all-pervading absolute reality. You awaken as your Self.

The path of bhakti is much easier for most people. To become a true bhakta you simply have to become God intoxicated. How do you do this?

You turn to your spiritual heart and you imagine a beautiful sphere of light in your physical heart. Then you think of your favorite deity. Whether it's Krishna, Christ, Mohammed, Moses, whoever it may be and you see this person in your spiritual heart, in the light. You begin to love this person to adore this person. You think of this person night and day, day and night until you lose yourself into this person. You can pray to this being. You may pray to this deity. You can laugh from happiness. You can cry from joy. But you have to develop passion. You have to be passionate in your love. And cry out to this God within you, "Free me, oh Lord, release me. Do with me as you will but free me. Show me I'm not the body. Eat up my ego."

Robert Adams

Old 11-10-2019, 05:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
PLEASE try to get this 'into' your unthinking? 'head': Nothing in what I said was simple OR simply said. Also, I didn't say OR even come close to implying an "its either my way or the highway" attitude.

What you say here is completely unrelated to anything I said, which IMO just 'proves' the point I made about your/Roberts philosophy being lacking in terms of recognizing the desirability of relating to and with others, let alone advocating and promoting such option which is a fundamental feature of the philosophy which I spell out in my book and treatise.

I wish to be kind
But if you don’t mind
And have nothing resonating with Truth to reveal
Your trampling on the flowerbed holds no appeal

So if we agree to disagree
Just let it be

Look in
Within
Don’t think ... feel
That that is real

Old 11-10-2019, 12:04 PM
Master

“Most of us believe that we have to stop the mind from think- ing and when we stop the mind from thinking liberation comes. This is false. This is false because by trying to stop the mind from thinking you're causing conflicts within yourself and we want to avoid conflict. What we want to do is to observe ourselves thinking. To watch intelligently, the mind thinking thoughts, about the past, about the future and remove the barrier between the thoughts and the Self. See the difference?

You never try to stop the mind from thinking. Your mind appears to be stronger than you are and it will always win and you become disgusted and discouraged. Allow the mind to do what it wants. Never try to stop it. Just realize within yourself that there is a barrier like a wall between you and your thoughts, between you and your mind and allow the wall to disappear. Then there will be no conflict. The thoughts will actually merge into the Self and you will become free.

Always try to avoid conflict.”

Robert Adams

Old 11-10-2019, 12:08 PM
Master

“As long as you've not awakened to your true Self, trust the powers that be. That is like trusting God to take care of your life, to take care of your affairs. You as a human being can never come up with the right answer no matter how hard you try. You may appear to come up with an answer. As I said before you may appear to win or overcome the so-called problem with your human effort but it will not end there.

Why? Because again you have not risen. And you will simply come up with a human solution. And you will have to go through another problem of equal consequence and another problem, it never ends it goes on eternally. Therefore it's up to you. It's up to you to see yourself. What you are, where you're coming from, the things going on in your life and leave it all alone. Turn from it. Turn to the Self. Turn to the source.”

Robert Adams

Old 11-10-2019, 12:39 PM
Master

Who am I? Audio book of Ramana’s teaching for those interested

https://youtu.be/J2VcZWypI9c

Old 11-10-2019, 02:29 PM
Master

“The point is, when you have nothing to hold onto, when you realize you're not something, you're not nothing, there has to be complete silence. You have nothing else to say to yourself. The thoughts stop. You should find that happening right now. The thoughts just stop by themselves, for there is no one left to think anything. The thinker has been totally destroyed. If there's no thinker, how can there be thoughts?

Isn't it beautiful? Do you feel what I'm talking about? You have gone beyond everything. You've gone beyond everything that exists and does not exist. You've gone beyond everything that appears and does not appear. You've gone beyond everything that thinks and does not think. You are now totally, absolutely, whole heartedly free.”

Robert Adams