Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-07-2017, 08:50 AM
Knower

How To Be In This World, But Not Of This World?

I suppose this is an inquiry for those who are spiritually enlightened, old souls, indigos, and outcasts of any degree.

Have you ever found it difficult to integrate into a world that is so different from yours? An external environment that is so foreign from your internal space?

I've felt this way for a long time. Not just the difficulty, but the lack of desire for integration. That I could never identify with 98% of the establishment & way of being. That you experience spiritual awakening, understand the dynamics/fundamentals/innerplay of the universe on all planes of existence, you have a period for being an active role in catapulting humanity into a higher state of consciousness. Then you hit a plateau. You come to understand the magnitude of your undertaking. That this is something that will take millennia to fully achieve. That you are but a 1-5% in the majority.

Not only this, but I have always felt that I've lived since ancient times. Been there, done that a thousand times. That I can't identify with 98% of beings: their drives, ways of life. Nothing much in the lower planes interest me: physical, sexual, or material world. The only drives are soul growth and the elevation of human consciousness. I've been through more in this lifetime than most would endure in 100 lifetimes. That I knew my life, this current one, is only meaningful to the extent of what I give back to humanity and the universe at large.
Old 20-07-2017, 09:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberatedLotus
I suppose this is an inquiry for those who are spiritually enlightened, old souls, indigos, and outcasts of any degree.

Have you ever found it difficult to integrate into a world that is so different from yours? An external environment that is so foreign from your internal space?

I've felt this way for a long time. Not just the difficulty, but the lack of desire for integration. That I could never identify with 98% of the establishment & way of being. That you experience spiritual awakening, understand the dynamics/fundamentals/innerplay of the universe on all planes of existence, you have a period for being an active role in catapulting humanity into a higher state of consciousness. Then you hit a plateau. You come to understand the magnitude of your undertaking. That this is something that will take millennia to fully achieve. That you are but a 1-5% in the majority.

Not only this, but I have always felt that I've lived since ancient times. Been there, done that a thousand times. That I can't identify with 98% of beings: their drives, ways of life. Nothing much in the lower planes interest me: physical, sexual, or material world. The only drives are soul growth and the elevation of human consciousness. I've been through more in this lifetime than most would endure in 100 lifetimes. That I knew my life, this current one, is only meaningful to the extent of what I give back to humanity and the universe at large.
Greetings and welcome to the forums.

I have asked this question myself many times and haven't found an answer until very recently. This is because the answer to this is as varied as the whole experience itself is.

Having a full-blown spiritual awakening is a very isolating experience, because the whole playing field isn't level anymore and the rules of the game have changed. It seems almost hypocritical to exist in a previous awareness (or even try) but we also must recognise that those of lower vibration are us, before the experience was ever had and just because we're on a first-name basis with God now, doesn't mean we're any better/worse, higher/lower than any other creature out there, even though it may seem like it because we have absolutely nothing in common anymore.

However, look here? you have just found somebody on the same level who shares exactly what you do...who has gone through (and is going through) the same things and who cannot seem to have a decent conversation with another human being without realising they are only trying to impose their belief systems on me when I have already 'been there, done that' and now I am resting comfortably in my awareness of the Divine, so they become like pesky mosquitoes I am forever shooing away and it shouldn't be like that, but it is.

Then, when people realise they have no more 'good advice' they could ever possibly offer me because I am simply "being ignorant because you're not paying attention and doing whatever I'm telling you to do" they all tend to leave me alone and give me a wide berth.

It's interesting to note just how many people will try and 'change you' or 'recruit you' or try to make you miserable and bring you down to their level when you have found that peace and happiness within, as if this is the sole role and purpose for the whole human race...and sometimes, when our confidence, faith, defences or whatever are down and we are slightly overwhelmed or annoyed by it all...we let it all 'get to us' and for me, the past few days on here has been the perfect example OF it, after I became aware that I was pretty much wasting my time talking about God or Spirituality because everybody kept saying "that is your path, not mine"...so what the hell am I doing on a Spiritual forum if I cannot even discuss Spirituality eh?

In the end, you learn to separate OR integrate your 'world-self' from your 'spiritual self'. Those who integrate, go out and serve others, do charity work, perform Karma Yoga out of compassion for those still stuck in the lower realms in a hope to share the love and energy around.

Those who separate it tend to shut themselves away, become hermits and just seek God's company at the expense of everything else they cannot relate to anymore and wait for death to liberate them from the bonds of Karma.
Old 20-07-2017, 10:09 AM
Knower

Very insightful.

I also contemplate all the greats that have graced this planet: the visionaries, spiritual teachers, philosophers, revolutionaries, geniuses, etc. Most seem to have integrated well. So, I know the potential is there.

I'm sure it's done gradually overtime.

Yes, it is always good to keep in mind that all beings are on their own journeys. To be humble and understand that all beings are at their own stages of development.

Also, to remember that any way of being that challenges the establishment will be met with opposition.
Old 20-07-2017, 10:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Very insightful.

I also contemplate all the greats that have graced this planet: the visionaries, spiritual teachers, philosophers, revolutionaries, geniuses, etc. Most seem to have integrated well. So, I know the potential is there.

Yes, it is always good to keep in mind that all beings are on their own journeys. To be humble and understand that all beings are at their own stages of development.

Also, to remember that any way of being that challenges the establishment will be met with opposition.
Thank you and yes, you are very wise in your perceptions.

There is one thing which can be done to start the integration process (or while you are waiting for the ultimate liberation) and that is to explore/exist within your niche of awareness.

Whatever teachings/philosophies that resonate with you, try and find social groups of like-minded individuals who would receive you more favourably under the auspices of that establishment and you could seek to have an effect upon the system from within the system itself.

For me, this means going to see what the Theosophical Society has been up to since I last visited them about 20 years ago and going to a Siva temple to talk about how great Siva is! lol...but regularity in attendance is the key here.

If you have any special abilities or talents like music, sport, drama, art, gardening etc, do it because you find doing such things relaxing and enjoyable - you don't have to be interested in it or doing them with any purpose other than to do it - "Before enlightenment, chop wood and carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood and carry water" and this may inspire others to do similar.

Yes, it is a gradual process to bring the energies into the centre that is 6 inches above the crown when it wants to just scatter in every direction all at once.
Old 20-07-2017, 10:46 AM
Master
A topic close to my heart since my teen years. I've always felt disconnected from most of what we call the world. I've spent most of my life searching for my own Shangri-la in one form or another.

Advice from someone who could have used the same in my 20s: this isn't a spiritual question, it's a practical one. Save up your money, move to the country, and buy a small farm. The sooner the better. Become self-sufficient, as much as possible or of interest. Heck one can do it on a city lot as well, it's just I personally don't care for city energy. Then you can interact with the rest of the world on your terms, and your terms only. Pay your taxes each year and that's about it as far as having to deal with the government and/or financial concerns. And you can be on your own, and create your own soul space, free from peoples' "physical, sexual, or material" energy and hangups... which can be (and in my case was) critically important to one's psychic health.
Old 20-07-2017, 05:14 PM
Knower

Thank You Baile for the advice. Yes, originally I am from California, but recently relocated to Texas so I could return to my roots & be one with nature. I most certainly look to align myself with fields of work where I can nurture or at least protect my inner being. Eventually I'd love spiritual work & holistic health to be my profession. Time will tell.
Old 20-07-2017, 06:08 PM
Master

Quote:

I don't think history shows this at all. Here I think of a great person, Jesus. In todays world maybe if a spiritual teacher keeps to themselves it seems that way with just talk. But we also have to see society has become more accepting then in the past which is not the same thing. I don't know what others see but I can not think of, know of, or would put faith in any modern spiritual teacher, philosopher, etc. Are they really that common.
Old 20-07-2017, 08:17 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Very insightful.

this was a profound moment for myself realizing that i was at fault thinking i was different/better than another. the deeper i dove the more i realized why those figures smiled and welcomed the 98% that is different. I viewed it as yes were all on different paths but we're all heading to the same destinations. and its those individuals who are teaching themselves how to get there in their own way. with this thought process i no longer view their actions as bad. i see them as self lessons. i see them as growing beings who will at one point in time come to the same place I'm heading to.

"Don't let another pull you into their drama, Pull them into your calm."
Old 21-07-2017, 01:18 PM
Knower

Quote:

So true.

And often it simply isn't worth it. Live your own life. Forget about changing the world.
Old 21-07-2017, 01:57 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by It Is
So true.

And often it simply isn't worth it. Live your own life. Forget about changing the world.

When this is done. Then you will start doing just that!

Well worded!