Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 28-09-2014, 03:30 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by TesseLated
lol..me too...the comment about being mentally handicapped.. Never seen someone that deals with that 'talk' like he has...<shrug>

Not very good at considering other points of view-if not troll.

Right-o -- didn't want to be the first one to say it.

Old 28-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask21771
Whenever I relax my mind enough by meditating I ask where I'll go when I die I the hear the word hell or see images and then feel terrified no matter what I do this still happens what's wrong with me

Have you ever considered that these thought are being transfered to you by negative spirits/energy? There are ways of clearing your surroundings of these negative energies before meditating. Sage, crystals, and prayer are the more common ways of doing this. I would suggest either going to a crystal/mystic shop or research online for more info. I had this issue when I first started meditating where I could feel something stalking me that induced fear and scary visuals. I had a dream where is was in bed and there was a red shadow on the floor and it was reaching to me as if it wanted help or wanted me to go with it. It was definitely negative energy. Epson salts, sage, and prayer stopped that pretty quick.
Old 28-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Master
good advice Back Seat
Old 28-09-2014, 07:38 PM
AnandinBhisajKurma

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoSandwich

While in the process of waking up, you should really pay attention. While you are paying attention, you should not make any effort to struggle with whatever is going on in your mind. While struggling, you waste energy. As the third ancestor of Zen said, 'If you try to stop movement and return to stillness, the attempt to be still will increase movement.'

When you notice that you are saving energy in the midst of the mundane stress of daily affairs, this is where you gain energy, this is where you attain buddhahood, this is where you turn hell into heaven."

-Master Dahui

Best Wishes,
-TaoSandwich

I really enjoyed this post, great thoughts. I have not researched zen much, but I think I will now :)
Old 29-09-2014, 08:38 AM
lilli

interesting thread :) !!
Old 29-09-2014, 12:22 PM
jillianspapa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask21771
Whenever I relax my mind enough by meditating I ask where I'll go when I die I the hear the word hell or see images and then feel terrified no matter what I do this still happens what's wrong with me

There's nothing wrong with you.

I'm not the strongest at meditation, but know "the answer" in theory.

Try meditating in a small group.

When the images of hell and overwhelming fear hit you, become The Watcher. Watch yourself be fearful. Watch the images, and don't judge them or yourself. Keep your mind clear, and let them float by.

Anchor yourself by concentrating on your breath, in and out, in and out, over and over.

Easier said than done, but that is one basic method.
Old 29-09-2014, 03:14 PM
TaoSandwich

Anandin,

Zen has some fascinating insights indeed! I would recommend the "Classics of Buddhism and Zen (volume 1)" compendium translated by Thomas Cleary. I am STILL using it as a main source a few years into my study and it covers letters and writings from a large selection of ancient Zen Masters, as well as elucidation of the historical context in which they practiced. I've studied it to the point where I wore out my old copy and had to buy a new one (hoping to get it re-bound so that I can review what I had written years ago)!

Best Wishes,
-TaoSandwich
Old 03-10-2014, 12:14 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Ive realized what I'm hearing is my fear the question is how do I get ris of a fear this deep seeded
Old 03-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

How do I stop being afraid and worrying
Old 06-10-2014, 11:09 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

I've been doing better but when I'm relaxed and visualize dying I get this over whelming sense of fear and that I'm going to hell WHY IS THIS HAPPENING WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME