Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 25-06-2011, 07:20 AM
Master
I don't use valerian tinctures it's too weak for me. So I buy the root and put it in a pot on the stove, bring it to a slow boil and then let it simmer for 20 minutes and it relaxes me enough to meditate.
Spiritlite.
Old 25-06-2011, 02:56 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
I don't use valerian tinctures it's too weak for me. So I buy the root and put it in a pot on the stove, bring it to a slow boil and then let it simmer for 20 minutes and it relaxes me enough to meditate.
Spiritlite.

Intersting, Spiritlite! I just ordered Valerian root essential oil from YLO and intend to put a drop behind each ear, at the center of the collar bone, on my temples and third eye before bed to encourage relaxation and a deeper sleep. I've never actually made a tea from the root itself as you do, but I've purchased ready made tea bags of the stuff, and aside from stinking to high heaven (smells like manure!), I found the taste to be mild and unremarkable.. much like ordinary Lipton tea. Does the root smell as bad as the pre-packaged tea?? When my husband was still living, he used to make me store it in the garage, rather than the pantry, because it just REEKED!

As for effectiveness, I found it to be excellent. I sipped my hot tea about a half hour before bed, and within twenty minutes I was staggering down the hall, bouncing off walls, so sleepy and out of it was I! It's been many years, so I don't recall now whether or not in enhanced my dreams, but dreams are kind of my specialty, so I've always had extremely vivid ones.
Old 25-06-2011, 03:15 PM
moke64916

Some cultures use supplements or Hallucinogens to achieve a spiritual experience. You don't 'need' any supplement to achieve so. Valerian root helps anxiety. It smells. your breath will smell like a skunk after drinking it. I don't believe it to help spiritual experience. But you can buy it at the health food store. I'm not for supplements in aid for spiritual experience. That is just me though.
Old 25-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Master
I did use some honey to mask the bad taste of valerian....but then again I kind of liked the flavor whereas other's of course couldn't stand it, so they would chug a lug and wow it does pack a punch.
Spiritlite.
Old 26-06-2011, 12:22 AM
Master

This is a bit off the topic but I thought i would share it with you.
This morning I laid in bed, breathing in and out for a while. Nothing happened. That is not unusual. Occasionally it works and sometimes it does not. I had heaps of sleep so I was not tired. I overslept. I decided to imagine a scenery. I imagined I was on a tall ship and other things happened. I think I was really there spiritually. At the time I did not think I was out spiritually because everything was dull. There was no colour. I should have said, I can see. Then a little later I knew I was physically back in bed. My eyes were still closed and I saw a person. I thought to myself I can see when my eyes are closed. I was getting out of myself but unfortunately I changed my mind. It was an effort to get out. That was the end of that. When I saw that person I should have kept looking. I would have probably gone out by myself.
Old 26-06-2011, 02:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker of wisdom
If valerian root doesn't help does anyone of a herb that would relax the mind. To get to the state needed for ap?

Since we want to be in conscious control for ap, it doesn't seem to me that herbs would be a good idea. You could practice a relaxing process though:

Relaxation Is Key - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...6249#post96249

Xan

Old 26-06-2011, 02:28 AM
Master

I agree with you Xan. Sometimes you think there must be an easier way but I do not think there is.
Old 26-06-2011, 02:30 AM
Master
Yep. Once you get into the habit a relaxation practice is easy.

By the way, Valerian is a tranquilizing herb that's great for anxiety and for sleep... when you take it regularly. I never heard it was good for dreams and such. If you sweeten it with a lot of honey it's not too bad, and it comes in capsules.

Xan

Old 26-06-2011, 02:36 AM
Master

I will give valerian tea a miss. I will not take it. I know how to ap I just have to persevere and have patience.
Thanks for the information about valerian herb.
Old 26-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Master

Hi all,
I practice AP in the lounge room away from my bedroom. I have decided not to listen to any music or noise. I did that last night but I fell asleep. I will try to be more aware. If I am not alert then I fall asleep. On Fridays I will have the TV on to help me stay awake but that is no guarantee. I am letting you know because I have no one else to talk to about it.
At least I do not ache anymore. I do stretches every day.