Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 13-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Spirit Wanderer

Unhappy Negative Spirits Pretending to be Guides - Looking for Advice

I'm looking for some advice.

Thank you in advance!

TLDR - I believe I've attracted at LEAST one negative spirit I thought to be my spirit guide that got hostile. Once they started threatening me and cursing I blocked them, or I think I did.

It started a couple months ago when I started talking with my spirit guide on a regular basis. It was going smooth and I thought I was learning and growing a lot with the information she was showing me. About a month after that a male spirit chimes in out of no where while I'm meditating and claims to be part of my "spirit guide team" so to speak. I noticed right away he was really sarcastic and really short with me often times - borderline rude when ever we did communicate. I normally talked with my main female guide and didn't have much to do with him.

He started to follow me all day and interjecting comments on things I was doing during the day.
"What the #%$& did you do that for? That's a waste of money! Whatever ..."

I went to college as an art major but haven't drawn or painted in 20yrs until just recently. I sat down with my supplies and began with some basic drawing exercises I found on-line, just getting the hang of drawing again and he chimed in right then, "Oh, you suck!" He said. I'm still fairly new at this whole communicating with spirits thing so w/out thinking I replied back. I know I should have blocked him at that point but I didn't know how then.

I found out he claimed to be upset at something I'd done several months before I even knew about guides, before I had even gotten spiritual.

I'm not going to say what it was he claimed to be upset about but it was something I shouldn't have done and I admit that ... It didn't hurt anyone but its one of those things you look back on and say *** was I thinking!

We had a fight one evening, my back was hurting bad and I was in a mood. I asked a question in my mind and he tried to answer me, I talked over the top of him - honestly not hearing him. I got sarcastic and said something rude my dad would have said when I was young. Man up, quit being a wimp. You #%$$&! He got upset and said, " I'm trying to talk with you."

The next morning, as soon as I woke up he said, "Via Con Dios" I always thought it meant goodbye but after asking a friend in the office I work in he said it means, "Go with God or May God Be with you." He then quit my spirit guide team, or so he said.

I felt really, really bad after he claimed to quit on me - I got all depressed ... like I'd done something horrible but I pushed through the next couple of days.

After that everything returned to normal until a couple nights later a female (might very well be the same spirit) started showing up in my dreams. I spoke to her while meditating and she claimed to be one of my new guides. The next day was - umm ... Strange. She was very ... I'm going to say, playful. Not playful in a family environment type way but playful in a intimate, bf & gf type of way if that makes sense. I don't think guides are suppose to act that way which raised a red flag instantly. That night she told me I was going to hell and there was nothing I could do about it! She started to show me vivid images of what to expect when I arrived which to be honest, what I saw scared the **** out of me. It was quite graphic and would have easily made someone like my wife break down.

At this point I was wondering about my sanity and afraid she might actually be telling me the truth! I begged and pleaded her to do something and she asked me if I thought she was pretty?! I thought, um what!? That was random ...

The next day was one of the longest days of my life filled with doubt and worry to say the least. I then suddenly remembered a prayer I copied down a while ago for some reason.

"I hereby revoke all permissions that I may have given, consciously or unconsciously, to any entity, being, intelligence or thing to influence my thoughts or take any of my energy. Be gone and stay gone!"

I sat on my bed and read that prayer to myself several times, then all day the next day throughout the day.

Things were quiet again! I felt good for the first time in weeks ... The dreams stopped, the visions of hell stopped while I was meditating. I didn't hear my guides or any commentary what so ever. Quiet at last ... I prayed and asked my in-laws if I could tag along with them for Sunday church even. Not sure if that will help but you can see just how rattled and shaken up I was then.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the spirit I was communicating with but the last few nights I've awoken between 4:00 and 4:30 a.m. - flailing in my sleep, kicking and muttering (never done that before). No dreams that I can remember, just very restless.

After I denied permission and set up my protection and boundaries, everything returned to normal.

I've considered schizophrenia but I've always had a clean bill of health and get regular check-ups. I honestly don't think I'm losing my mind, even tho it felt that way.

My questions would be:
If someone is trying to connect with a spirit guide that doesn't set up boundaries or say a prayer before hand ... Is that person inviting trouble?

I'm trying to figure out how this came about ...

If you read the entire post thank you and any prayers and/or advice would be great!

Last edited by Spirit Wanderer : 13-08-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old 13-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Carwen*Angel

Not inviting trouble exactly, but it is best to go into something like attempting to contact spirit guides with a good dose of psychic protection.

There was once quite a nasty spirit with whom I and my family had some similar experiences. "He" had become quite attached to my father, who had mental health issues, and tried to attach himself to myself and my mother at different points. "He" showed me similar things, often, in dreams, appearing in the form of male family members I trust, including telling me I was going to die. He had not been invited by any means, we had not gone looking for spirit contact, but spirits of low vibration can also connect themselves to people who are at a low ebb and not psychically strong as well.

Your spirit or spirits sound similar though the cause was obviously different.

We could never get him away from my father until his passing, that was too deep-rooted, but cleansing the house and invoking Archangel Michael kept him at bay from myself and my mother. Archangel Michael helped me to develop until my dreams were lucid and taught me to challenge anyone presenting me with scary images or messages - calling the spirit out ended "his" fun really, because spiritual law states that when challenged spirits must reveal themselves in their true form, and I had ceased to believe "his" lies.

It sounds like the prayer you found has done the trick for you but if in any doubt I would recommend invoking Archangel Michael.

You can also invoke psychic protection for yourself prior to meditation or asking your guides for connection using visualisation - some people visualise a solid gold orb around them, some people see it as a shield, I tend to see myself as a knight in silver armour and then do the gold orb as well.

There are also protective crystals you can hold or keep around your house and in your bedroom if your dreams or sleep are being disturbed: clear quartz, pyrite, black obsidian, black tourmaline, garnet, ruby, moldavite are just some examples - and lepidolite or amethyst can help with sleep issues.

Of course I will pray for you. Keep us updated.
Old 13-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Suspended
This sounds more Psychological than Spiritual. Your recalling memories and bad things that were said to you when you were growing up. Therapy would be the best defense agenst these kind of Spirits.
Old 13-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Spirit Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carwen*Angel
There was once quite a nasty spirit with whom I and my family had some similar experiences. "He" had become quite attached to my father, who had mental health issues, and tried to attach himself to myself and my mother at different points. "He" showed me similar things, often, in dreams, appearing in the form of male family members I trust, including telling me I was going to die. He had not been invited by any means, we had not gone looking for spirit contact, but spirits of low vibration can also connect themselves to people who are at a low ebb and not psychically strong as well.

Your spirit or spirits sound similar though the cause was obviously different.

We could never get him away from my father until his passing, that was too deep-rooted, but cleansing the house and invoking Archangel Michael kept him at bay from myself and my mother. Archangel Michael helped me to develop until my dreams were lucid and taught me to challenge anyone presenting me with scary images or messages - calling the spirit out ended "his" fun really, because spiritual law states that when challenged spirits must reveal themselves in their true form, and I had ceased to believe "his" lies.

That's interesting ... I've never heard of such a thing before. I'm glad I'm not the only one that's experienced something like this.

Thank you so much for sharing that Carwen*Angel!

I hope it was just a case of me wanting to speak with my spirit guides so desperately I was gullible and too open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
This sounds more Psychological than Spiritual. Your recalling memories and bad things that were said to you when you were growing up. Therapy would be the best defense agenst these kind of Spirits.

I've considered that as well. This is the first time anything like this has happened to me so it caught me off guard. I have to disagree that this is Psychological ... I don't feel like it is but I'm certainly going to keep it in mind especially if it happens again.

If I hadn't had so many coincidences in the past where a spirit would say something I didn't understand or a word I wasn't familiar with and had to look it up and to have it match what they were trying to convey I'd tend to believe you.

Thank you for the feedback Thunder Bow.
Old 14-08-2013, 12:33 AM
Pathfinder

There is no such thing as "hell" as the medieval fairytale has constructed. There is a lake of fire that does not exist in this age. So she is lying. I believe u can just ignore them. Focus your energy on God and the holy spirit. I believe if u go through God first the unwanted ones can be rooted out...
Old 14-08-2013, 01:29 AM
Mazulu

It could be schizophrenia. Or it could be some negative spirits that are bothering you. Keep doing what you're doing. Tell them to go away and never come back. I will also direct spiritual light to you this evening.

Last edited by Mazulu : 14-08-2013 at 03:12 AM.
Old 14-08-2013, 04:08 AM
Ocean1975

Whenever I have had contact with a negative being with bad intent I could feel it in the pit of my stomach and it can make you feel uneasy. ... positive beings tend to resonate near the little heart chakra. .. thymus area. ...

I'm an empath and I feel different thought patterns when I'm around different energies. .. or people for that matter. Depends on your gifts but you may notice a shift in your thoughts and perceptions. We're in the middle of the spiritual world having a physical experience. ... protection is a great thing to practice. ..

I often use a fishnet of white light wrapped around myself. ..I envision this. ... and I put it in place every day. There's other things I do too.... but that's a start. After you do this for a period of time your protection will become automatic. This white light can be used as a effective weapon if need be.

If you continue to attract spirits you may be transmediumistic....

Bestpath.org
Old 14-08-2013, 05:05 AM
Knower
Whether it's your own mind or spirit communication, I suspect that the particular negative thoughts and images you are getting are "callbacks" in some way from your childhood. For instance, if you had a critical parent who said you sucked when you tried new things, you might be vulnerable to hearing such comments again.

I don't think this is schizophrenia, though. You seem quite aware of when it is happening and when it isn't, what is part of daily earth life and what is coming from spirits, and you know that you aren't being made to do anything.

Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked.
Viktor E. Frankl
Old 14-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Mazulu

If you have absolutely no alternative, you could deny the existence of these negative voices. According to science, they are nothing more than energized neural pathways in the brain. We grant a spirit's ability to exist with our interpretation, and we can take away it's existence just as quickly.
Old 14-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Spirit Wanderer

I knew at an early age I had clairaudience way before I knew it had a name. I never learned how to control it. It seemed very random as I was growing up … I would go months w/out hearing spirits and then 1 day it would be chaos then die down again. I didn’t need to be in that stage where you’re almost asleep/awake to hear something like most people do.

When I was in elementary school I remember my music teacher pulling me aside and telling me that I heard subtleties and slight variations in tones and music that the other students didn’t hear. He got that from the way I described how I heard things to him and from the tone test he gave all his students. I’ve always had very acute hearing to the point small things almost hurt like keys jingling or paper rustling – those small things send chills up and down my spine. My ears ring a very high pitched tone constantly … I learned to adjust and ignore it as I was growing up. I went for several check-ups and they found nothing wrong so I know it’s not tinnitus as I initially thought years ago. That was confirmed several times.

All these signs I grew up with lead me to believe that what I heard over the course of those several weeks was spirit because of my clairaudience but I’m not ruling anything out because there’s no concrete way to tell really. Even if I got a check-up and got evaluated the Doctor might be wrong and miss something. Who knows … all I know is that it’s gone. I wasn’t doing any psychic protection or setting any boundaries before meditating or trying to contact guides because I wasn’t sure if it really mattered. Once I started to do those things everyday and/or multiple times a day everything quieted down and whether that blocked the spirits trying to communicate or quieted my imagination there’s no way to tell. All I know is that it worked and I’m going to continue protecting myself. *shrugs*

Am I crazy? Sometimes it felt that way but no, I don’t believe so. I can tell the difference between reality and non-reality. Even when the spirits communicated it felt different, like it was coming from another source. I’m not seeing things and I wasn’t told to strangle my wife while she slept so I think I’m safe.

It is what it is and read into it what you will.

For me I’m taking it as a learning experience.

Thank you for all the replies and for those that said they sent prayers and/or light in my direction.

I really appreciate it.