Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 27-06-2014, 03:13 PM
Molearner

Prayer

Hi folks,

This is an excerpt taken from _Letters From the Desert_ by Carlo Carretto:

"I have come to the desert to pray, to learn to pray. It has been the Sahara's great gift to me, and I should like to share it with all my friends. It is immeasurable and contains every other gift within itself. It is the sine qua non of life, the treasure buried in the field, the pearl of great price discovered in the market.

Prayer is the sum of our relationship with God.
We are what we pray.

The degree of our faith is the degree of our prayer. The strength of our hope is the strength of our prayer. The warmth of our charity is the warmth of our prayer. No more nor less."
Old 27-06-2014, 06:56 PM
HopeWalkers

That's lovely
Old 27-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Knower
A few words what Beinsa Douno says about prayer:

"..... True prayer means the awakening of the Divine within the human being.
It concentrates human thinking, human feeling and human will in a single whole.
Such prayer is mighty; it can accomplish miracles.
If you persevere in prayer, you will always be joyful and happy; you will feel the Presence of God and will see that the Lord is true.
Prayers made with love are always received.
You will know that your prayer is received by that quiet joy, by that inner light, which will help you in resolving various tasks. ....

Just as breathing is necessary for the body, so is prayer necessary for the soul.
Prayer is the most sacred action – the sole prerogative of the soul.
Prayer is not subject to any rule or limitation. If you pray correctly, you are always turned to God; no other image should exist in your mind.

"

I have more thoughts about prayer from Beinsa Douno, and also many prayers.
Will post some when I am done I will offer the full collection in digital format for free to those who might be interested.

(The Word of God is for all people and should be available for free to all people.)
*Love is a Divine condition.*
Love Wisdom Truth - Video
The Good Prayer - Video