Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 25-03-2014, 03:17 PM
Experiencer
Remembering actual past lives vs. self-suggestion

How can you tell the difference? For example... I've recently discovered lots of synchronicity with Norway. Piecing signs together has led me to believe that maybe, that was once my home. There's also a part of me that can just feel it. I recently started remembering something very very vague, but they're just feelings - not legitimate memories.

The thing is, I never gave Norway a second thought before the past month or so. It never truly resonated with me until now.

So is this just me acquiring a bunch of 'signs' and self-suggesting? Or am I waking up to past lives? How can you distinguish the two?
Thank you for your help! :)
Old 25-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Master
FLeur--

I don't know about other people, but for me there is this strong emotional feeling. I've called it "heart pulls". It's kind of a longing when I see places or sometimes objects.

Like you, I never had any interest in or inkling of any connection to these places, or these lives before. I think I had tried to feel connection to what my genealogical past was, but that was more like "making it up".

So I was shocked to feel this emotional pull to Mongolia, of all places, when I watched a documentary about it. Or this little Greek cottage. Or a place called Lunenberg, Nova Scotia, that appeared in an IBM commercial. I became obsessed with finding out where this place was.

So, for me, those strong emotional feelings are clues that I use. I don't feel them in normal circumstances. They go along with some "memory", but honestly that part of it develops over time. The emotion comes first for me.

Some I have felt connected to for so long that I now accept that it is part of my "past".

So for me, I trust that emotional longing feeling. It is some part of the past life that I loved and want to go back to. It's a "wanting to go Home" kind of feeling.

Lora
Old 25-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Experiencer
That definitely makes sense and it's almost exactly what I feel. Thanks for your help, Lora! I hope you're able to visit Mongolia and Nova Scotia and everywhere else your heart is pulling you :)
Old 25-03-2014, 08:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur-de-Frost
That definitely makes sense and it's almost exactly what I feel. Thanks for your help, Lora! I hope you're able to visit Mongolia and Nova Scotia and everywhere else your heart is pulling you :)

Fleur--

You know I've thought about that. But then I felt that I already know what I know and that I would just wander through countries looking for "the place" I remembered. And I felt I would ruin experiencing my "now" looking for my past. I'm just pretty sure I don't need to go for those reasons--not to say I wouldn't like to visit a lot of places just to experience them.

But I have seen through the pieces I've remembered that this is a common theme to them--something that is still an issue for me in this life. And so I think that's the point of remembering.

I've also had one dream that I felt was a past-life or maybe alternate life. "I" was this young girl who was showing another friend about her age (10-11) around "her town" (which she seemed not to live in anymore--died maybe?). They ran all around the streets of this town. There were narrow brick streets and brown stucco-type houses and shops sharing walls with the next place--like maybe 16th or 17th century England or France. She took her friend to the ocean and a big rock that was on the beach. The rock was a particular golden color and worn with roundings and indentations as if the high tide flowed over it often. It looked like the rocks left behind by glaciers bit these were right at the shore.

There were these wooden signs hanging all over town that had a red backing and golden edges. Inside was a painting of a white horse with golden reigns. The girl tells her friend that "this is what the town is known for"--these white horses. He seized their horses and bred his stock with these white Arabian horses.

I did mad searches on the internet for rock formations like I saw. It was very realistic. The ocean had a gray-green quality, not at all like the Pacific (where I live now). I found some pictures of a place on the Northern coast of France.

I researched white horses. Where the Lippizan horses come from didn't look like the place (and wasn't on the ocean). I began to research the Percheron horses that were bred in France, outside of Paris. They were bred with the Arabian white horses that the Moors brought in through Spain when they invaded at the Battle of Tours.

I knew this because I had woken up one morning with the name Charles Martel like written across my vision. I knew that he was one of my long-ago relatives. He was a minor Frankish king --Charles the Hammer--who was credited with stopping the "Moorish invasion" from the Middle East and Africa.

I know this is TMI--but I'm just saying that, for me, the pieces seem to cross times or have strains of things that connect for me.

I remember being fascinated by the Magna Carta in sixth grade. When I saw the Lascaux Cave Paintings I was just totally emotional. And in my mind, those two things have something in common--an expression of wishes or longings that was appropriate to the time. The cave paintings seem to be an expression of spirituality and appreciation of nature and animals that far surpasses what we had thought of "cave man" as being capable of feeling or appreciating. Heck, it's just beautiful art, and that's worthy of wonder to me. They may have been done by shaman during trances. The Magna Carta was the beginning of the individual civil liberties we cherish today.

I have some attachment to The Odyssey--not to the literature, but to the story--of being separated from Home and trying, trying to get home. Once there, no one recognizes who you are except your old dog. For me, it ties to the spiritual journey--trying to find our way Home and going through trial after trial. [I named a raven I saw every day Argos--the name of Odysseus's dog, I found out later.]

Sorry to go on and on! This stuff just really gets to me.

What things have you discovered through your feelings? What makes you question? Do you find you feel more or less certain of those things as time goes on? Do you tend to get more details about it as time goes on?

I know it doesn't work this way for all--or even most--people. Many have no feeling for past lives at all. It just feels like a very important, emotional tie to me--like something important.

Lora

Last edited by IsleWalker : 25-03-2014 at 09:23 PM.