Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-01-2020, 12:32 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Karma is Volition, not an effect, the Volition ( Intent) comes before the Action which causes the Effect.... Cause and effect.

Okay Karma has no effect.
Check.
I can scratch karma off the things to drop for Life simplification list.
No worries.
Old 17-01-2020, 01:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Okay Karma has no effect.
Check.
I can scratch karma off the things to drop for Life simplification list.
No worries.

Karma definitely has an effect

let's agree to differ, I'm getting a Headache
Old 17-01-2020, 01:08 PM
Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
John 9:1-3 "And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
...how could the man sin even before being born?
I wrote a paper in 1969, yup, 50 years ago,
and included this example to prove reincarnation was accepted and a common place belief then.

Ha, and that was before you could just type in a topic to 'search' so all the Bible verses popped up!

Jesus didn't suddenly say, "What is this you speak of? How could this man sin before birth?" Nope.
One of the many verses casually spoken of regarding past lives.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-01-2020, 01:23 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Karma definitely has an effect

let's agree to differ, I'm getting a Headache

I did not see any aspirin all I could find was popcorn and Spam for your headache.

Agreed.
We can differ.
I don't know what we differ on.
Cause and effect?
Karma?
Like you said I don't understand the original teachings of them.
I never claimed to.
I don't go that deep.

I just try to fix my compass on Divine Love and giving and receiving.
But I see I have given you a headache and that was not my intent
but I do have that effect on people.
Old 17-01-2020, 01:33 PM
Master
Quote:
I did not see any aspirin all I could find was popcorn and Spam for your headache.

Agreed.
We can differ.
I don't know what we differ on.
Cause and effect?
Karma?
Like you said I don't understand the original teachings of them.
I never claimed to.
I don't go that deep.

I just try to fix my compass on Divine Love and giving and receiving.
But I see I have given you a headache and that was not my intent
but I do have that effect on people.
Possibly sky123 can provide a series of scriptures that support that karma is in the Bible. By doing that, we can put this issue to rest.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 17-01-2020, 01:57 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Possibly sky123 can provide a series of scriptures that support that karma is in the Bible. By doing that, we can put this issue to rest.

I personally don't mind BigJohn.
I am just engaging in a little banter with sky123.

If others don't approve of my banter I can stop.
Maybe not cold turkey but there may be a patch
I can use.
Old 17-01-2020, 03:37 PM
Master
Quote:
I personally don't mind BigJohn.
I am just engaging in a little banter with sky123.

If others don't approve of my banter I can stop.
Maybe not cold turkey but there may be a patch
I can use.

Sky Proverb No1.
One who doesn't like a little banter, never learns to laugh
Old 17-01-2020, 03:41 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Sky Proverb No1.
One who doesn't like a little banter, never learns to laugh

I think your egging me on now.

That's it I'm ripping my quit banter patch off.
Old 17-01-2020, 03:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

Proverb No 2.

One who needs spoon feeding,
lacks effort
Old 20-01-2020, 04:39 PM
ketzer

I do not see Karma as crime or debt but more as error or misunderstanding. Life is a process of exploring our karmas (misunderstandings) and growing in knowledge, wisdom, and spirit. At human birth there is only the Id, as life goes on the Ego and Superego develop through the cycle of observation, evaluation, and judgement (of both the world and self). When we look at the world, we see it as we have created it within, based on the experiences and teachings we have known throughout our life (or lives). Before we can see truth as Jesus tries to teach it we must first clear out (or at least put to the side) the version of truth that life has created and stored within the mind. The metaphorically “blind from birth” cannot see the ego and human mind created truth and so can be more easily taught to see the truth that Jesus brings. Those who have “sight” already, must have it taken away before they can be taught to see again. When we are “born again”, we start fresh in spirit without all of our prior “knowledge” getting in the way of what Jesus is trying to show us. Our block is un-carved. We see Jesus making this point throughout the Gospels. One must learn to see past the “knowledge” one has already acquired in order to see and grasp his teachings clearly. Our “knowledge” often distorts or blocks how we see anything that does not conform to our present moment “truth” as we understand it. It becomes a beam in our eye that we don’t recognize as put there by ourselves and we scream at others about that beam out there not realizing it is not out there but within us.