Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 22-10-2011, 09:11 AM
mattie

Novel Interpretation Of Personal Attack Remark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1being
i wrote it as a way for me to show / communicate that it's an abuse i've endured, one that has it made it *very* difficult in my life. "personal attack", yes. that's exactly it.

You feel you’re enduring abuse in some way that has made your life ‘*very* difficult.’ It’s unclear how this relates to my reply. Do you feel my stating a different POV is abusing you? How? Accepting that others have a different POV is basic spiritual TOLERANCE, not their abusing others.

Quote:
... i feel like i'm continually met with this psychiatric ****. and i've shown an example of it, in what i wrote in response to your post.
i'm *still* working to separate abuse from Truth.

How very eloquent.
Interesting duality that you have the Truth vs personal abuse. Why do you feel so abused by other ideas?

Your complete reply to my response was, ‘i just wonder if people who really believe this stuff take their meds everyday O.o’

You note that you’re continually met w/ ‘psychiatric ****’ although it is you who has slung out the tacky, tacky, tacky psychiatric reference about taking one’s meds daily. One assumes that these are psychological meds, but please note if you were actually referring to non-psychiatric meds.

Quote:
...if i cannot make that connection REAL QUICK to good & right ... and if i'm kept in this negative place (negation) ... um ... i know what can & will be produced and i try to caution against it. ...
understand what i'm getting at?

It's not at all clear what you're getting at.
This has the curious tone of a threat, although about what is unclear. It almost seems like a thread against your self. What do you imagine is keeping you in ‘negative place (negation)’ & who is this ‘caution’ for. Clarification would be useful.

My comment that your remarks ‘Probably qualifies as a personal attack, albeit directed at a group's beliefs rather than an individual person.’ seems to have been morphed into you feeling that you are being attacked. Novel interpretation of it.

Allow me to clarify my previous comment. Alluding to another’s differing POV, even if you don’t agree w/ it, as being something that crazy people that don’t take their (presumably psychiatric) meds, need meds, or are are off their needed meds make is a PERSONAL ATTACK. The intent of such as statement is to undermine the people who would make a statement that you don’t agree w/. Very weak rebuttal to attempt to impugn the person’s psychiatric status rather than address the concept with which you don’t agree.

These views are, BTW, not mine alone or even isolated. Many established & respected New Age writers hold the same views. These aren’t new ideas. As I noted in what I wrote about the Ds & my interpretation of the terms awakening, enlightenment, & ascension, ‘Of course, all can view this however they want.’
Old 22-10-2011, 10:29 AM
1being

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Your complete reply to my response was, ‘i just wonder if people who really believe this stuff take their meds everyday O.o’

You note that you’re continually met w/ ‘psychiatric ****’ although it is you who has slung out the tacky, tacky, tacky psychiatric reference about taking one’s meds daily. One assumes that these are psychological meds, but please note if you were actually referring to non-psychiatric meds.

no, i didn't "sling it" ... i don't speak to people that way, ever.

i *never* say that to ANYONE. but people (lots of them) DO say it ... and that's why i've exampled it.

understand?

your response was that it is "personal attack" and i thought, aha! yes ... that's it. when people say that "line" to me ... it's a personal attack.

so, i guess basically i'm "being them" for a minute ... in response to "ascension" and "dimensions". if it were ME talking about stuff like that ... i would be abused for it. somehow, only when it's me though, and i don't know why.

anyone else seems to be able to talk about "metaphysics" and spiritualism / spirituality and even psychic skills & abilities but when it's ME who talks about it, i'm turned into a "moron" or a "loony".

now do you see what i'm getting at?

i'm making point of it specifically because i'm talking about ETERNAL LIFE in this thread, and what i remember about it (precognition). i want to be taken seriously and not denied. know what i mean?
Old 22-10-2011, 10:50 AM
1being

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
"Psychiatric cr*p."

Absolutely Bud. Wahay, someone's said it.

I'm now off to the isness, oneness, stick it up ya tumness, I was before therefor I art I am all there is (ness) isn't it, clinic for a reality check. Oh yes.

G

Apologies here to appease those who may feel offended.

yeah, i'm working on that "oneness" thing on another thread. my, oh my - it's been over an hour and i have to keep editing it, because i *flood*

and i want to FORM and shape it

into something that DOESN'T INCLUDE all the abusive **** that i'm trying to get rid of. i don't want to produce more of the UGLY.

if 222 means "manifestation" and i'm 22

i take that pretty seriously. i have a few "pictures" in my mind that i DON'T want to develop ... but

i can't seem to get at the more POSITIVE ONES.

this eternal life thing is pretty real for me, because i remember PLENTY of past life experience and i don't want to re-produce more of the same (history repeats itself). i guess i could say, i'm working on a sort of "break through"

whatever is going on for me, it's active and i can't shut it off.

one ness ... global mind. ONE mind.

i have to manage mine ... keep it on a good track ... like i said, i don't want to produce NEGATIVE. precognition (knowing what will be) is not easy ...
Old 22-10-2011, 11:49 AM
glenos

I have been at this 'spiritual' lark for just about 40yrs. Full on, full blast, all day every day. I have had as friends some of the best teachers who have worn the physical body. All this oneness, isness and such like is basic stuff. Realise that 'life' continues after physical death. Those who have made the transition are there and are trying to communicate with us at any and every opportunity. Ok so what are they saying? They are saying ONE LOVE. Yes we are all connected, that's a given. One can be as concious as you like about 'self' but it makes no odds, it's the way you (try) to live your life and the compassion that one feels for all beings and the LOVE ones gives out and the sacrifice one makes for others (including the animal kingdom) That is what brings enlightenment because both go hand in hand. Isness, oneness, fair enough, but get out there offer a hand to the less fortunate and try to bring LOVE + HOPE + COMPASSION + UNDERSTANDING (best learnt by personal experience) into their lives. Bring light into darkness. Service to each other. Simples because THIS is what you take into the next phase of existance not "Oou, I am one etc ".

G
Old 22-10-2011, 12:23 PM
1being

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
Isness, oneness, fair enough, but get out there offer a hand to the less fortunate and try to bring LOVE + HOPE + COMPASSION + UNDERSTANDING (best learnt by personal experience) into their lives. Bring light into darkness. Service to each other. Simples because THIS is what you take into the next phase of existance not "Oou, I am one etc ".

G

been there, done that. one thing that really bothers me is when people suggest that i do something that i'm already doing. it's very frustrating. know what i mean?
Old 22-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eudaimonist
Nothing is eternal, in my view. The only exception I can think of might be change itself, and even that isn't certain.

What about energy Mark?
Old 22-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Master

Quote:
1being:

life

IS

eternal.

Quote:
Quote:
Xan: Enlightenment is an ongoing process.

We are continuously evolving in consciousness in the eternal Now
Quote:
1being:

that's true ...

each person arrives at the one, only - unchangeable, absolute truth on their own:

(eternal life).
Hi 1being:

I think you are correct that "life is eternal" - but in its essence.
In its 'substance' it is temporal, and that is the functional basis of enlightenment - the ongoing discovery of Being ("unchangeable, absolute truth") within.

That ongoing discovery is the becoming (that "each person arrives at" "on their own") in the here and now - i.e., each moment 'contains' Eternity.

The journey is the destination in process, and the destination is the perfecting eg., the evolution of that process.

Can we experience Eternity in any moment? Why not. What is stopping us? Nothing really.

Everyone's individual journey is completely unique - subjective - and that is the basis of faulty comparisons which assume 'absolute' status when applied to relative means. That generates much confusion.

The value of these comparisons lies in seeing the beauty in diversity of approaches (to Eternity), and the unity in what is common to all (in the Now) even if expressing in different ways. Like you said so eloquently:
Quote:
1being:

i find it ever so interesting, the various views

but there are permanent truths, "Absolutes" that never change.

like eternal life... it's an Absolute truth. that's all there really is to know
I think you are correct, "that's all there really is to know."
Imagine the possibilities if there is Eternity within each moment and life is the opportunity to know it.

~ J

Last edited by Jyotir : 22-10-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 22-10-2011, 01:50 PM
1being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Hi 1being:

That ongoing discovery is the becoming (that "each person arrives at" "on their own") in the here and now - i.e., each moment 'contains' Eternity.

~ J

hi jyotir

correct. eternity is not something that "has not begun yet". it's RIGHT NOW, always is and always will be. it's not something that we have to "begin" or "arrive at".

it's... provable.
Old 22-10-2011, 01:51 PM
mattie

???

Quote:
no, i didn't "sling it" ... i don't speak to people that way, ever.
i *never* say that to ANYONE. ...

It’s sitting right there in the black & white, so denying you said ‘i just wonder if people who really believe this stuff take their meds everyday O.o’ is utterly pointless.

Quote:
in response to "ascension" and "dimensions". if it were ME talking about stuff like that ... i would be abused for it. somehow, only when it's me though, and i don't know why.

anyone else seems to be able to talk about "metaphysics" and spiritualism / spirituality and even psychic skills & abilities but when it's ME who talks about it, i'm turned into a "moron" or a "loony"...

Although you note that you would be ‘abused’ for discussing ascensions, the Ds, etc., seeming to be saying this isn’t OK, your response to someone who discusses them is to state ‘i just wonder if people who really believe this stuff take their meds everyday O.o’???? This seems to be doing to others what you would expect others to do to you, being dismissive.
Old 22-10-2011, 02:04 PM
1being

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
It’s sitting right there in the black & white, so denying you said ‘i just wonder if people who really believe this stuff take their meds everyday O.o’ is utterly pointless.

i was *exampling* it, as i have explained. i DON'T say those things to people. i never speak to people like that. i wasn't saying it TO you... i was exampling. do you understand what i mean?

it isn't a phrase or a line that i use, it's something that is often said TO ME. i brought it out because i needed to get it out of my way.

"personal attack"... thank you for giving me those words.

now do you understand?

edit: maybe saying it this way will make my point.

i wasn't using it as a personal attack against you, because i *never* say such a thing to people. i just DON'T talk that way. i had to get at this piece of abuse that causes me a lot of trouble and you gave me a great opportunity to do that. what was the opportunity? you spoke about ascension / dimensions ... and i thought, if that was ME talking about that ... i'd get my fricken head beaten (verbally) ...

see?