Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 04-07-2017, 03:39 PM
Guide

Love Interpretation

I usually read my own cards and interpret them using my own knowledge and some books/sites. Generally, I do a simple four card reading once a month, a basic scope of things with no particular topic. For a change, however, I tried a more complex reading specifically about love, being that I've been single for a very long time and would like to know more. I was hoping I could get some help with the interpretation.

I tried to make the spread clear but have my doubts about it.

The first card is 'Me in the Eyes of LOVE'.
I received 'The World'.

The second card is 'Why I Am Not in a Relationship'.
I received 'Four of Pentacles'.

The third card is 'What I Am Doing Right'.
I received 'King of Cups'.

The fourth card is 'My Current Desire'.
I received 'The Empress'.

The fifth card is 'My Coming Partner'.
I received 'The Devil'.

I found it strange seeing 'The Devil' in that position. My intentions were to gain insight into an actual partner coming into my life, though that assumes it's written in stone. I figure perhaps my wording and placement of the card might show what's incoming based on where I am and what I desire, in which case 'The Devil' might reflect uncontrollable passions. I do like to look at the little booklets included with decks from time to time, and this one mentioned a slave to one's own desires and nobody being perfect. The latter is interesting, and maybe the card could be considered my perspective of somebody who at this time I don't feel is right for me? Nonetheless, I decided to pull one more card with different wording. I said 'My Actual Partner to Be' and pulled the 'King of Swords'.

So, 'The World' could reflect the soul and me in the eyes of the universe? Interestingly, in this deck 'The World' shows a couple with heart shaped flowers. Fitting, given the emphasis of 'love'.

Four of Pentacles comes as no surprise. Given its mention of 'isolation' and barriers, it makes sense in that I've long battled with agoraphobia. So, the whole question of why I'm not in a relationship could simply be my circumstances and not being 'out there' enough, or alternatively in limited thinking. A great deal of my isolation has been through fear to preserve my sense of value, feeling insecure and at risk of losing my worth.

I'm not sure about the 'King of Cups'. I'd say I've been gaining a lot of emotional maturity in recent times if that could be tied into it. I've been working to get past a great deal of emotional and other problems, including that mentioned above. I've been gaining a lot of stability in recent months.

The Empress in regards to what I desire? The little booklet speaks of nourishment. When I think 'nourishment' and basic needs, I feel like it makes more sense with 'The Devil'. I feel like sometimes, with challenges that I face, that I seek a partner as if they are a medicine. A sort of cure, above all else, which can be a problem in itself. That might explain 'The Devil' and in that case I think it's safe to say the card assumes this is what I'm drawing to me based on what I desire, but even more so because of why I desire it.

So, then there is the 'King of Cups'...

Any thoughts?

Thanks all!
Old 05-07-2017, 08:42 PM
Deactivated Account

For me, King of cups many times is someone who is secure with his Fem & Divine energies and has mastered their emotions ( unless it falls in an unfavorable position).. King of cups could indicate you did 'the work' .When we do the inner work ( mature/grow/spiritually advance) we tend to take stronger initiative in striving for a competitive partner in the future, smart love and one that is on your emotional wave length,.Perhaps, youre in a place where you have mastered or are in control of your emotion for the right person and the card is reflecting that
Old 06-07-2017, 12:07 AM
Experiencer
I'm also curious to know how you'd then interpret the devil in that context!
Old 06-07-2017, 11:55 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
For me, King of cups many times is someone who is secure with his Fem & Divine energies and has mastered their emotions ( unless it falls in an unfavorable position).. King of cups could indicate you did 'the work' .When we do the inner work ( mature/grow/spiritually advance) we tend to take stronger initiative in striving for a competitive partner in the future, smart love and one that is on your emotional wave length,.Perhaps, youre in a place where you have mastered or are in control of your emotion for the right person and the card is reflecting that

Thanks Clover. It probably would have made more sense for me to label the last couple of cards differently, such as asking what kind of person is right for me as opposed to who it is going to be. Nonetheless, it seems the 'King of Cups' is a good card whether it's referring to me or somebody else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindheart
I'm also curious to know how you'd then interpret the devil in that context!

Indeed! I must admit I was a little startled when I turned over the card. Its placement just seems so odd. Who's my partner going to be? Oh, the devil! Ha.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:46 PM
55Degrees

Sorry I'm confused.
From reading your post I thought it was Devil/ King of Swords as potential partner (which would correlate with what you said regarding Empress/Devil).

The King of Cups presented itself as an aspect of you so it wouldn't affect the context of The Devil card, but King of Swords would.

I don't want to add my perspective if I've got that wrong.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:11 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
Sorry I'm confused.
From reading your post I thought it was Devil/ King of Swords as potential partner (which would correlate with what you said regarding Empress/Devil).

The King of Cups presented itself as an aspect of you so it wouldn't affect the context of The Devil card, but King of Swords would.

I don't want to add my perspective if I've got that wrong.

Ohh. My bad. I just looked back at my post and realized I mistyped. So, it was the 'King of Cups' for what I'm doing right, and the 'King of Swords' + Devil for a potential partner.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:27 AM
55Degrees

I'll put my thoughts in blue
Quote:
The first card is 'Me in the Eyes of LOVE'.
I received 'The World'.
Feeling complete, whole and healed

The second card is 'Why I Am Not in a Relationship'.
I received 'Four of Pentacles'.
I agree that your agoraphobia is shown in this card, it's about protecting and distancing yourself

The third card is 'What I Am Doing Right'.
I received 'King of Cups'.
Being more in control over your emotions, also this could suggest being more understanding of other people's feelings too, so a case of trying to get back out in to the world.

The fourth card is 'My Current Desire'.
I received 'The Empress'.
What you desire is someone who fulfils your needs, she is, after all, the archetypal mother. The negative side, which you mentioned, is that you desire someone who will 'mother' you, that you become dependent on (as also expressed in the Devil card)

The fifth card is 'My Coming Partner'.
I received 'The Devil'.
Again, this card suggests an unhealthy, co-dependent relationship that instead of empowering you both, actually becomes a toxic environment where you both feed from each others insecurities.

Devil coupled with the King if Swords screams 'mind games', someone who uses psychological tactics to keep you tied to them. They are clever enough to make you doubt yourself, your thinking and their words.

I'd say tread very carefully before considering a relationship at the current time.
The upside is, tarot gives us answers on our current path, a snapshot of the here and now. Maybe the cards are reading like this because now is not the right time to consider getting into a relationship.
You could try doing a reading on what you need to do to draw a healthy loving relationship to you. Or PM and I can pull some cards for you.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:48 PM
Guide

Thank you, Pisces Moon. Very insightful, and very true. The mind games and psychological tactics bring back memories of two previous relationships, one in which I was manipulated, and the later in which we both did it in a very unhealthy relationship. I remember then saying to myself that I couldn't be in a relationship again until something changed, suspecting history would only ever repeat itself as long as I was struggling with the problems I had. And indeed, a great fear of mine was and is becoming unhealthily attached and dependent. That last relationship was a very long time ago.

So, I took your advice to expand upon the reading. The results are quite telling.

What can I do to draw to me a healthy, loving relationship?
Four of Pentacles

What else do I need to consider?
Eight of Cups

So, Four of Pentacles rears its head again, remarkably appearing in why I'm not in a relationship and what I can do to draw a healthy one my way. As partially mentioned, my troubles stem from a great deal of insecurity, and so I'd isolate myself so as to hold on to what little I had for dear life and not put myself at risk, which had developed the likes of agoraphobia. I guess then that this is encouragement to continue stepping beyond those boundaries. If Four of Pentacles is preventing me from having a relationship, then it makes sense that the same card points to a solution. Though there is more to be done, I've been doing this, and the more that I learn self-love and compassion, the better the situation becomes which I suspect in turn will result in possible healthy relationships.

As for Eight of Cups, the little booklet highlights forgiving the past and accepting mistakes, as well as knowing how to stop oneself in time. I would think it's perhaps about continuing on an inward journey of some sort, perhaps the one I'm already on. Not entirely certain. Would love to hear more of your thoughts, Pisces.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:25 PM
55Degrees

Wow SD.
That return of the 4 of Pents is rather revealing, apologies if I waffle but I think this card tells a lot.

What can I do to draw to me a healthy, loving relationship?
Four of Pentacles.
"The poison is the cure".
Just possibly (don't quote me on this) the distance and boundaries you've presented thus far are the extreme or shadow side of this card. Instead of having control over your personal boundaries, they have control over you. This is your defence mechanism, it's how you have learned to feel secure.
To draw a healthy relationship could mean finding someone who respects your boundaries and also you keeping control over how close you let that person in initially. It could suggest that you may need to keep your barriers up at the start, don't allow somebody 'access all areas' until you feel secure enough to start letting those barriers down.

What else do I need to consider?
Eight of Cups.
You may need to examine what it is emotionally you need from a relationship, what you feel is lacking in your life.
And a big one to note.......If it leaves you feeling something is missing from the relationship, be prepared to walk away. Trust what you feel.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:42 AM
Guide

Hm, very interesting, Pisces! While not as often now, boundaries do have a sort of control over me rather than the other way around. I think that finding somebody who respects my boundaries could be part of the equation, although I still feel the immediate factor is probably not being out in the world enough and then not having enough confidence to take risks when I am out there. But I have found that there has been interest shown in me, only those who show it do so quite obsessively and wish to talk to me as often as possible. At that point, barely knowing them, it'll come as no surprise that my walls go up and I do everything possible to get them out of my life. I don't cope well with people being around me too often, but at the same time if I desire that kind of communication with somebody I'm interested in, it tends not to happen. So, boundaries are definitely a factor in there. This is probably when I need to look at the Eight of Cups. What is missing, what feels right, etc.

Thanks a bunch, Pisces Moon! :) And I do love it when a card pops up twice in two readings in such a way. I've had it a few times. I might get a card pop up for the next 30 day period. When that time passes and I pull a card for the past ten days, guess what sometimes shows up! ;)