Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 15-05-2013, 02:06 PM
ninja365

Thanks Jenny Crow! I'll try that as well. :)
Old 15-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Master

Oh, you're welcome - glad it made sense to you
Jenny Crow
Old 30-06-2013, 08:59 PM
jademint

I tend to vary my method depending on the spread I'm doing, and what feels right. Sometimes I draw from the top, sometimes I cut the deck either once or twice, sometimes I spread them out and draw the ones that call to me... whatever feels best. And with shuffling, I go until I feel like I'm being told to stop. Kind of like the cards are telling me, I guess. They get heavier in my hands. But I do decide on how I'm going to choose the cards and hold that in my mind before starting to shuffle. So that whatever is guiding me knows the game plan I hope this helps someone...!

Also, I use my left(non-dominant) hand for cutting, dealing, choosing, and turning cards.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:52 PM
spiritspark8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja365
Hi everyone,

I'm new to Tarot, just got a deck recently. I was wondering, when pulling cards for a spread, am I supposed to shuffle, then take the cards directly from the top, and lay them down? Or do I pull cards from the anywhere in the deck and lay them down? None of the books that I've looked at so far were clear on this.

Thanks so much!

I have a weird system. I go with what I hear. If I hear split the deck and reverse half, and so forth, I do that, and I shuffle how many times per that knowing. Then when ready, I pull from the top, unless compelled to split the deck and draw elsewhere.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:46 PM
Experiencer
I've really enjoyed reading the different ways to intuitively pick cards. I do it a little differently again lol! I shuffle the whole deck if during the shuffling a card falls out or flips out, I remember or write down if it was upright or reversed. Alot of times this card has appeared in the reading or even flipped out again before the shuffling is done.

Usually, I get a signal the shuffling is done....then I place the deck on the table and cut the cards into three piles face down....it doesn't matter which way you cut the cards....but if you're reading for someone, cutting from left to right means the person is wanting to know about the future and cutting right to left, they are concerned about events from the past.

After cutting the cards, I turn over the three piles. The card in number 1 is the past, the card in pile number 2 is the present and pile number 3 the future. This helps to give an overall theme of the reading but not the reading itself. It's the foundation so to speak
...or a bit more information of what's going on in our subconscious or of another person. After interpreting the cards I turn the 3 piles back over and put all 3 together anyway I like and proceed with a reading layout. It sounds long but it's actually very quickly done.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:50 PM
workinprogress

Randomly/Intuitively, though I usually incorporate the number 3 while cutting.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:08 AM
inky_1

I pull cards differently depending on how I'm feeling led at the time. To the best of my knowledge, there is no wrong way to pull your cards.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Master

I'm another it depends on how I feel it should be done at the time.

Sometimes i feel I should look at the bottom card, sometimes I deal and before I start to read what I have dealt I think "that's all wrong". Other times I will deal two or three times and then think "no, not for now".

Not a science by any means.
Old 16-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Guide
<<Sorry to post again but I just remembered something.
Some people spread the cards out in a line and pass their hand over the cards. Usually it's their left hand. If they feel a card, like if the air around it feels warmer or cooler than the surrounding air, they use that card. They do that until they've drawn their desired number of cards.>>

Yep - Thats what I do. This is what I started doing from when I first started. I have found that it works best for me....
:-)
Old 23-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Teiksma

Just dont shuffle them like before card game, thats all.