Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 11-04-2013, 02:17 PM
ninja365

How do you shuffle/pull cards?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Tarot, just got a deck recently. I was wondering, when pulling cards for a spread, am I supposed to shuffle, then take the cards directly from the top, and lay them down? Or do I pull cards from the anywhere in the deck and lay them down? None of the books that I've looked at so far were clear on this.

Thanks so much!
Old 11-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Suspended
Hiya ninja

Welcome to SF.

It's very much up to you would be my advice. Use your intuition. I tend to shuffle and wait for them to either fly out or flip sideways.

Hope you enjoy your new cards.

Squatch
Old 11-04-2013, 03:33 PM
missrachel300

Well, I found that I developed my own unique way to pull cards.

There are many different techniques out there, but I feel the best one is the one that feels natural to you. There is no one 'right' way.

When I first started tarot, I stressed about pulling cards the right way. But I came to realize that the information that I should see, will come to me no matter what. So, feel free to develop your own technique... you should be guided to it. :)
Old 11-04-2013, 04:26 PM
AbbeyWilcox

Before I shuffle my deck, I hold it in my hands and ask God to guide my inerpretation of the cards and I state how many cards I intend to pull. Then, I wait for a number to pop in my head (it happens usually right after my prayer). Whatever number it is, I shuffle the deck that many times then I draw the cards from the top of the deck! :)
Everyone does it differently. As you become more comfortable with Tarot, you will figure out what works for you.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:29 PM
AbbeyWilcox

Sorry to post again but I just remembered something.
Some people spread the cards out in a line and pass their hand over the cards. Usually it's their left hand. If they feel a card, like if the air around it feels warmer or cooler than the surrounding air, they use that card. They do that until they've drawn their desired number of cards.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:25 AM
ninja365

Thanks so much for the tips!

Squatchit - thanks for the warm welcome! I will use my intuition to see what feels right.

missrachel300 - Yes! I was also feeling stressed that I was pulling cards wrong and that the reading would not be accurate.

AbbeyWilcox - Great ideas, I will try both methods.

Thanks again, so glad to have found this forum!
Old 21-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit

I tend to shuffle and wait for them to either fly out or flip sideways.

There it is again, our twin-ish vibrations; I do exactly the same! Haha!
- And here I was, thinking I was the only one.

the future's so bright

Old 12-05-2013, 12:11 AM
Newbie ;)

Shuffle cards/pull cards.My reply.

Hi.

I use oracle cards.Here's what I do:
1) start shuffling whilst thinking of the what I want guidance on.Because I live on my own I just say it instead of thinking it.
2)Then I fan the cards out across the table with the cards face down.I spread them out so that you can see all the cards overlapping each other.
3)I slowly scan the cards with my left hand.If a card "feels" right as I scan I pick up that card and put it its position in the spread.
I continue that selection process until I have chosen all the cards for that spread.

For some reason it just feels good for me.It just feels right.Works for me.
I have tried the shuffle,cut the deck,put one half of the cards over the top of the other half then pull cards from the top.
Old 13-05-2013, 02:38 PM
ninja365

Thank you, Denv12! Is your left hand your non-dominant hand?
Old 15-05-2013, 04:10 AM
Master

I've found that what works for me is first of all I ask the cards to "Tell me true what I need to know" and then I shuffle the cards as I'm thinking of my question or what it is I need answers on.

I then lay the deck face down on the table in front of me and with my left hand I cut the cards to the left which gives me two piles of cards in front of me. Then I go back to the first pile and cut it again with my left hand and lay that bunch of cards down to the left of the first lot that I cut. I pick up the first pile I cut (which is the middle pile) then I pick up the second pile I cut then I pick up the remaining pile. I read this method years and years ago in a book I had and it's always worked well for me. I also read for clients and I get them to do the same thing.

Jenny Crow