Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 12-03-2013, 01:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
What's it feel like? Describe being one with the sun.
Well as I keep saying I am one with all there IS, its the same feeling as being one with the sun. But you must realize that its a feeling which is felt through the mind body organism. Just as the experience of Enlightenment is also experienced through the mind body, we are One in Consciousness, that is our true Nature, we need not feel it, we are it. Again the feeling or experience of Oneness is that, a feeling, but the actual feeling isn't what IS.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Well as I keep saying I am one with all there IS, its the same feeling as being one with the sun. But you must realize that its a feeling which is felt through the mind body organism. Just as the experience of Enlightenment is also experienced through the mind body, we are One in Consciousness, that is our true Nature, we need not feel it, we are it. Again the feeling or experience of Oneness is that, a feeling, but the actual feeling isn't what IS.

Sounds like twoness to me. You...........one.....feel something else......two.

Why do you interpret your mind body feelings of, let's say the sun, as being 'one' with it?
Old 12-03-2013, 02:21 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
I don't think having problems in life is any indication of someone's level of awareness in spirituality. Spirituality doesn't grow without life's problems and people around us constantly challenging us. It's value or 'Truth' is in how it causes us to react to life and other people around us.

For me that's directly related to how much I integrate spirituality into my life. When it becomes consistent practice, I'm on a serene level mental and emotionally. Not a rapture experience all the time, although that can happen, but consistenly just feeling good more than bad. It took a long time to get to the point where I was ready for that, and I had to go through a lot of hardships and pain to realize I needed something that worked and I needed to be consistent with it.

Huh? Where did I say that having problems in life is an indication of someone's level of awareness in spirituality???? I said that the journey to oneness is long and difficult....you are reinforcing my argument that we are here in the physical "for a reason" and that "is" the learning and growing that we can do on the earth plane.....yes, the hardships and pain.....I am pleased that you have found a way that works for you, but it is a "practise", like Buddhism, not a oneness with the Godhead bypassing spirit and the spirit realms which is what spirituality is all about.........
Old 12-03-2013, 02:25 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
or................it just signifies that we can experience anything and that the mind is powerful.
I have found that true 'longing' for something is the power behind being able to create the expereince we are longing for.
But it is an experience. It comes and goes like everything in life.

I don't question that we can create an "experience" or break through to having an experience but yes, exactly--- it is not a permanent "state of being".......
Old 12-03-2013, 02:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
I don't question that we can create an "experience" or break through to having an experience but yes, exactly--- it is not a permanent "state of being".......

What would you say it is then?

To me, the awareness that all 'spiritual'experiences are created has made them less attractive.

In fact it's become impossible to create them knowing that I was subconsiously creating them.

Now I experience what is but even that is subjective and therefore personal.....and yes, therefore, fabricated.

Life is truly empty apart from what we fill it with.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:51 AM
LIFE

Quote:

Yes, we fill it up with our own manufactured meanings and purposes, and that is wonderful. But sometimes the meaning we manufacture to make sense of our own life then becomes projected onto the phenonemon of existence itself.

If we are able to stand back from all our own manufactured meanings- ideas about being "One" with the cosmos, ideas about remembering or forgetting "who" we are...we see life for what it is- Empty. Infinitely empty. And therein may bewhere freedom ultimately lies.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFE
Yes, we fill it up with our own manufactured meanings and purposes, and that is wonderful. But sometimes the meaning we manufacture to make sense of our own life then becomes projected onto the phenonemon of existence itself.

If we are able to stand back from all our own manufactured meanings- ideas about being "One" with the cosmos, ideas about remembering or forgetting "who" we are...we see life for what it is- Empty. Infinitely empty. And therein may bewhere freedom ultimately lies.

But you know what.............right now, this minute, this moment....life is filled with me, with the life i have made, with the bonds i have created with family and friends, with the knowledge and experiences i have come to know.
The thought of it being empty 'beyond' this moment is just another thought............if you think about it....lol

Hmmmmm.....

(Thank you TZU)
Old 12-03-2013, 03:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Sounds like twoness to me. You...........one.....feel something else......two.

Why do you interpret your mind body feelings of, let's say the sun, as being 'one' with it?
Because there is only One, but i still have to convey this to you from the mind, so whatever words I use are always going to sound to you as being twoness, this is where you yourself have to see beyond the words I am using.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFE

These words such as, "One with the Cosmos," remembering" or "forgetting" are only words, they are not what they point to, you seem to not be able to grasp this, the words you use such as "Infinitely empty", are only words also, but I can see where they are pointing.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:37 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
What would you say it is then?

To me, the awareness that all 'spiritual'experiences are created has made them less attractive.

In fact it's become impossible to create them knowing that I was subconsiously creating them.

Now I experience what is but even that is subjective and therefore personal.....and yes, therefore, fabricated.

No, I don't believe that 'all' spiritual experiences are created either consciensely or even subconsciensely. I have had experiences that were so unexpected that I could never have created them myself....I am a spiritulist, so most of my experiences has to do with spirit...I once had an experience of universal love that was so deep, so profound that all I could do was to cry.... I didn,t ask for it and I didn't expect it but afterwards I felt that I was given another glimpse of the afterlife.....nothing is fabricated----even visualization can lead to a real experience.....Life is not empty unless you believe it to be.. If one focuses on what is or oneness, which could be eons away --in our time--one is missing out on so many true spiritual experiences....