Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 29-05-2014, 07:26 PM
Master
If you experienced synchronicity all the time, you'd probably just lose your mind. I wouldn't be able to handle that. Synchronicity is nice in small doses.
Old 31-05-2014, 01:46 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum
It's actually an article Lisbet, transcribed from a lecture he did; if you like synchs, his is a doozy. Begins just before half way down.

Glad you liked the video though. :) If you're interested in his mystical experience the book 'Valis' might be a place to start, it was a semi-autobiographical retelling in the form of a novel of an actual experience he had. The video touches upon it briefly, the part about the brunette who came to his front door.

His Exegesis gets more fully into it, but it's not light reading and also very long if you find the full version.

I'm only like a tenth of the way down, but this guy is great! Thanks for the recommendation! I'll definitely be adding his stuff to my library. I will spend my moments before sleep reading this.

Also, I imagine doozy is quite likely stuck in the OED somewhere with a very interesting etymology. Seems like a word my grandfather would use, so Oxford should have caught onto it by now.

On another note: I wonder if fractals are in some way related to synchronicities. I mean symbolically, they sort of remind me of one another but I can't think right now of how exactly...
Old 31-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Master
Fractals and synchronicity both deal in repeating pattern recognition, for one thing. Why is it that so many see 11:11's, 222's etc. Or when you're reading a book with the radio on in the background and a family member or roommate walks by and and as your reading, a 3 word phrase is said (roommate on phone), read (in the book) and heard (on the radio) all simultaneously; that's like a fractal branching off in 3 directions at once all coalescing at the same time to suggest some deeper significance.

In biblical terms one third of the angels fell apparently, but mathematically speaking there is no such thing as one third; 0.33333...infinity. No matter how precise you slice that pie you'll never end up with 3 equal portions. Which gets into micro-macro to me; space, measure. The holy trinity is one, whereas separation (one third) can never be divided to equal the whole regardless of how far the decimal point chases that 3 down the line.

Here is something I came across somewhere which I found fascinating; [*orig. taken from here http://mandaladana.tumblr.com/ ]

As above, so below. "...on Earth as it is in Heaven..." etc. etc. Both fractals and synchs are also both entrance ways to the rabbit hole you could say, not to mention found everywhere in nature. Maybe their branches are those of the tree of life, which reminds me of the golden ratio. Not sure if that answers your question Lisbet, just doing a word/concept association thing really. A fun question to consider though.

You're welcome for the PKD recommendation btw, one thing I like about him when he wrestles with these heavy questions is his honesty about it. At more than one point in his Exegesis he genuinely considers the fact that it might mean nothing other than a symptom of his mental/schizoid issue and failing to properly adjust socially. (He doesn't stay long at this possible conclusion however, or perhaps rather does not think it by any means explains everything entirely).

As for PKD's synch in the article, there are 3 levels; one is his novel which he learns later from his priest coincides almost exactly with the story in the gospel or Thomas or Mark (can't remember). Then the third matching layer is when he lives out scenes in his work of fiction in real life and meets people who have the same name, occupation and life situation as the characters in his novel.

Both fractals and synchronicity are also very labyrinthine in nature imo.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:25 PM
Experiencer

I like his honesty too. He makes sure to stay open to any possibility but is absolutely willing to admit fault if one could be found. Very level headed about the whole thing.

Fractals are really interesting to me, althoughI admit I don't feel I could ever begin to describe anything about them.

I like the tangent on 3. I had no idea one third was divided like that. Very cool! It makes me think of a well-known image of a man looking into a mirror--must be a double mirror, which shows the image repeatedly down a descending line of reflections of reflections. There must be another word for that... But the fact that we can simulate it in all sorts of ways is interesting.

I'm trying to think of how synchronicities are labyrinthine, but I'm not sure I quite grasp that one. Perhaps there is a quality of finding dead ends when encountering them...?
Old 04-06-2014, 01:53 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbet
Oh, de-ja-vu! I have one interesting experience with de-ja-vu which proved to me that de-ja-vu is directly related to dreaming! I dreamed a totally mundane situation, awoke and experienced it exactly AND felt overwhelming de-ja-vu, and even stopped myself from finishing to the outcome of my dream because it just felt way too ridiculously weird. I literally sat down in the spot the second I put it together and just sat there (somewhat embarrassed in front of some people).

On the other hand synchronicity could be related. I don't know, it seems that they have similar but different qualities. I just don't know how they would relate. I want to say I feel like synchronicity is more of a pattern in the sub flux of existence which peaks through, whereas de-ja-vu is a more direct experience of simultaneousness within our surface reality.

I get thi9s all the time. Literally all the time, but the dream usually takes place months before the event, and it's always something mundane, like a conversation in the toilets or a meeting with an unknown person, only to see that become a reality later on :) It's amazing and just reasures me when it happens :) Not sure what it reassures me of to be honest but there's good feelings there :L
Old 04-06-2014, 03:54 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalShaman
I get thi9s all the time. Literally all the time, but the dream usually takes place months before the event, and it's always something mundane, like a conversation in the toilets or a meeting with an unknown person, only to see that become a reality later on :) It's amazing and just reasures me when it happens :) Not sure what it reassures me of to be honest but there's good feelings there :L

It's only ever happened to me once and it happened the day of. I feel it was there just to prove to me that this thing is possible. There seems no reason to foresee such utterly everyday events, but I imagine it is the reassurance that's the goal. :)

Do you write your dreams down? Perhaps it's good motivation to keep a dream journal.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbet
I like his honesty too. He makes sure to stay open to any possibility but is absolutely willing to admit fault if one could be found. Very level headed about the whole thing.

Fractals are really interesting to me, althoughI admit I don't feel I could ever begin to describe anything about them.

I like the tangent on 3. I had no idea one third was divided like that. Very cool! It makes me think of a well-known image of a man looking into a mirror--must be a double mirror, which shows the image repeatedly down a descending line of reflections of reflections. There must be another word for that... But the fact that we can simulate it in all sorts of ways is interesting.

I'm trying to think of how synchronicities are labyrinthine, but I'm not sure I quite grasp that one. Perhaps there is a quality of finding dead ends when encountering them...?

Lisbet I wanted to address this b/c it's a fair question and one which I had to consider myself what I meant by it tbh. Might talk more of PKD later but don't want to write an entire essay's worth here.

So what i mean by the ^ bold, is take a very simple example which obviously starts w/ a faulty premise but it serves my purpose as far as an explanation. Say I was consumed or just wondered constantly, what does 2+2 equal. So first of all, is any sign an actual answer to my question? Or is the subconscious projecting what I'm putting out there back to me from the outside world, simply as an acknowledgment of what's on my mind?

Now I believe in certain cases there is no question it is a sign from the greater beyond with a capital S. On the other hand, maybe we are caught in a positive reinforcement feedback loop that what we put out comes back, in the form of synchs.

Another labyrinthine quality I would say is that so much of the time, rather than the universe giving me a solid "4" response to my 2+2 question, it will instead give me something like; "double addition" or "two twice" which only confirms the universe is aware and responding to me, assuming it's an actual synch and not more in the realm of confirmation bias.

Maybe synchronicity itself is the meaning; a different kind of living language of symbols. And are all synchs created equal? Are they all from the same source, or are there different forces of influence upon the unfolding of synchronicity?

So it's labyrinthine in that sense, I often feel even in those moments where it's a near constant stream (esp. w/ numbers) that, as amazing and connected-to-something as I feel, I'm still left scratching my head as to what it means, if anything.

There have been some, in the form of songs for instance or a particular feather incident or two where I feel the message is clear, and at these moments I'm encouraged that I'm on the right path and entwined with some other, greater design at large.

Can appreciate what other posters have to say btw, need to read through last page or so and may have further thoughts. ~
Old 23-06-2014, 05:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum
Sounds like an intense experience Kaere, glad you made it through okay. Losing grip of the mind is not a fun time, I've been there myself in different ways but I think the balancing out adjustment of such ordeals helps us in the long run, or at least it has in my case (eventually).

Interesting to hear that someone has had both deja-vu's with Synchs before, I'm not entirely sure where that came from on my behalf to wonder such a thing other than they seem like possible related phenomena on some level.

I also wonder about visual synchs, if we are unconsciously or otherwise than intentionally drawn to look at a certain thing at exactly the right moment and if this is the case what is it exactly that causes us to look, is it when we are in a particular state of mind or is it some other influence.

Lot of times I find synchronicity comes in waves or cycles.

For me, they get more intense or come when something significant is going to happen to me or around me. Or just something that my intuition is aware of... it's so hard to explain. It's never just a random thing that happens, it is always accompanied by something of emotional significance. Which has made me think in the past that I am manifesting them in some way... also explains the deja vu. If I am experiencing a collapse of reality or illusion, then really, what's to say that my own thoughts aren't causing that collapse and the synchs aren't physical evidence of my intangible journey of thought/mind/self/word-of-the-day?

Old 28-06-2014, 04:11 PM
Seeker
try not to get stuck in a feedback loop. Can mess things up
Old 30-06-2014, 05:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
For me, they get more intense or come when something significant is going to happen to me or around me. Or just something that my intuition is aware of... it's so hard to explain. It's never just a random thing that happens, it is always accompanied by something of emotional significance. Which has made me think in the past that I am manifesting them in some way... also explains the deja vu. If I am experiencing a collapse of reality or illusion, then really, what's to say that my own thoughts aren't causing that collapse and the synchs aren't physical evidence of my intangible journey of thought/mind/self/word-of-the-day?

Interesting, like life events that hold emotional/psychological charge or significance all cause synchs or dejavu's to constellate around it. I wonder sometimes if these are not signs pointing towards some part of the person in question's soul contract (so to speak, if one believes in such things). Like the universe saying 'heads up! pay attention..' Pay a tension.. ie; self sacrifice on an egoistic level. Please excuse, just playing with words, maybe reaching here, lol. I'm self referencing here Kaere btw, not at all saying what it is in regards to what you went through.

One of the great things about synchronicity to me is it appeals to my curious, inner detective nature of wanting to solve the mystery and arrive at the truth.. (and what else is synchronicity but the pure suggestion of the existence of such mysteries) but I wonder also sometimes how far down the rabbit hole am I willing to venture in pursuit of such things.. how much 'truth' can any given person handle depending on their ability to digest such things at any given time. On the other hand how do we know what those particular limits are if we do not test them. Hence stretching out, a tension again.

ten·sion

[ten-shuhn] Show IPA
noun 1. the act of stretching or straining.

2. the state of being stretched or strained.

3. mental or emotional strain; intense, suppressed suspense, anxiety, or excitement.

I guess part of it would be energetic refinement, forging and tempering oneself in order for such to be able to be received, if that makes sense. (I'm sure most of this post reads pretty nonsensical already, lol but hey. Alright. Just words, they is. I'm merely a monkey slapping keys on my keyboard, ee ee! ah ah ah! *jumps up and down, flails hairy monkey arms at computer*

Maybe synchs are sometimes signposts of the arrival of our life tests. We catch a glimpse of the matrix, the source world behind the apparent world. Choice words that seem to pop out at us in overheard conversations at a restaurant downtown.

I tend to use the touch and go approach with synchs; let them register, consider what they mean etc. and then move on. I like what some have said about intuition in relation to synchronicity. Maybe they can be used in conjunction with each other at times.