Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 02-08-2016, 11:12 PM
Experiencer
^^Big kitty hugs for you! Mew.
People's negativity is one of the many reasons why I disliked high school so much; by the end of the day, I felt turned inside out and my emotions were all over the place. I'm recovering now, and I feel better than I have in years. Perhaps that's why I'm slightly hesitant about university, since I certainly don't want a repeat of the last four years. But, as Ekhart Tolle so rightly says, 'There is only Now, limitless and eternally present.' I've learned how to be more joyful and happier, and if I find that university isn't for me, then I can always leave and do something else.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:00 PM
Seeker
Hi Hadarian,

It seems like more of us can relate to your situation than I would have imagined. I can definitely relate to being raised with this energy and then attracting it throughout my life with those that would be my friends. It has also shown up in some of the men I've been closely associated with.

You mentioned that you want to stop attracting this type energy at all. I truly understand where you are coming from. The thing I've found however is that if I don't deal with it at the source (like my issues with my mother), then it shows up in other relationships for me to deal with. One way or the other, it is going to keep getting in my face until I deal with it and it becomes a non issue once and for all.

One thing that has helped me regarding these types of relationships/situations is to understand that I learn and process things differently than a lot of people do. It doesn't mean that I am not intelligent because I don't process things as they do. It simply means that I am different from them in this regard. That is all. Getting clear on this one thing has helped me be more assertive with someone that is being short and impatient with me. I keep reminding them verbally how I need them to share information with me that I'm not familiar with. Many times this helps diffuse the situation.

For instance, I learn best by reading something and doing it myself. I do not learn or process things as quickly when it is being told to me and especially when it is being shouted at me. If I am given something to read that I can walk myself through, then I do just fine.

As for having friends to hang out with, I too had to give up on that some time back. Usually I would attract this same type of energy and that was not pleasant at all. So I would end up having to leave the 'friendship' in order to have any peace.

I think for me it all comes down to insisting that others respect my boundaries. First we have to become clear on exactly what boundaries work best for us. Then it is up to us to enforce those boundaries. As we get clearer and clearer on what works best for us, it is easier and easier to be firm with those that tend to run roughshod over us.

I appreciate you opening up here in this way and sharing your challenges in this regard with us all. It gives me and others a chance to not only support you but to realize that we are not alone.

Blessings