Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 19-08-2021, 05:36 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
It all starts in the mind. Oneness is everything, including the mind.

Thank you very much MikeS80 for the detailed explanation . If I understand correctly, our perception of the world is equal to our thoughts/mind. Our thoughts are by default positive, but the conditioning makes them negative. Is that correct?
Old 19-08-2021, 06:22 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary isaak
I heard the definition that the false self is a set of thoughts and feelings and that it has no real existence.
The whole idea that we have a number of 'selfs' is not good, neither Spiritually nor psychologically. There is only one self. and any other so-called 'self' is an aspect of that self. The 'self' that creates a self that is true or false is itself a creation. Frankly all this 'true' and 'false' self stuff just gets very messy very quickly.

The so-called 'True Self' that Spiritual people identify with - and it's a matter of psychological identification and not Spirituality - is an ideology sand has no existence in itself. The so-called 'false self' is a denial/detachment of ourselves. and the whole process is an unconscious psychological process called destructive cognitive thinking that leads to personality aberrations and possibly mental health issues..

Quote:
If I understand correctly, our perception of the world is equal to our thoughts/mind. Our thoughts are by default positive, but the conditioning makes them negative. Is that correct?
Not so, but that needs psychology to understand not Spirituality. 'Positive' and 'negative' are polarised thinking and really don't help, and nothing is inherently either until we decide what is acceptable to us or not. Our perceptions of the world come from the unconscious or what the ancients called 'Chitta', and it has various aspects that are continually processing our realities very much moment-by-moment. Many term as 'programming' but psychologically the 'programming' never stops, and the people that think they have mastered their programming are ignorant that it's just another part of the programming.
Old 19-08-2021, 08:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
FallingLeaves, Mike and Rah nam ...Now, what is it exactly that causes you to not quote 2-3 sentences?
As you may know we are simply deleting posts at this point of people that know full well
this has been asked by the Admins since 2020.
It really is puzzling to me. Thank you.

Mary, welcome, and sorry, this has been a request of the Admins for so long we stopped mentioning it ..so
newbies have no idea, of course.
Doesn't the quoting 2 or 3 sentences rule apply to quoting outside websites, blogs, sources etc?

EDIT: the only staff posting I can find for the 2 or 3 sentences rule is https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...ad.php?t=91844. I just noticesd that the 2 or 3 sentence rule is also in the Spiritual Forums Rules posting/thread at https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/faq.php?faq=vb_faq . If there is another posting from a staff member about quoting 2 or 3 sentences of a member's post, please share it.

Last edited by MikeS80 : 19-08-2021 at 09:43 AM.
Old 19-08-2021, 08:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Thank you very much MikeS80 for the detailed explanation . If I understand correctly, our perception of the world is equal to our thoughts/mind. Our thoughts are by default positive, but the conditioning makes them negative. Is that correct?
That is correct. The observer is the observed, the thinker is the thought, the commenter is the comment. the poster is the post etc etc.

Last edited by MikeS80 : 19-08-2021 at 10:02 AM.
Old 19-08-2021, 09:51 AM
Master
Another big thing about the false self is that the false self is scared to death about being alone, the false self thinks being alone is death, while oneness is not scared to death about being alone, because oneness is never alone.
Old 19-08-2021, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Doesn't the quoting 2 or 3 sentences rule apply to quoting outside websites, blogs, sources etc?
EDIT: the only staff posting I can find for the 2 or 3 sentences rule is https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...ad.php?t=91844. I just noticesd that the 2 or 3 sentence rule is also in the Spiritual Forums Rules posting/thread at https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/faq.php?faq=vb_faq .
If there is another posting from a staff member about quoting 2 or 3 sentences of a member's post, please share it.
I found the initial request, (not a rule), from Admins about the quotes confusing, also, and asked about it...I thought
it was about outside quotes, too!
There are way too many posts all over, mostly from Native spirit about this request re shortening quotes
to look for them, sorry.
But, thank you for answering my ques ---cuz I couldn't fig out why it was still happening with 'oldies' that knew about it.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-08-2021, 10:37 AM
Legrand

Miss Hepburn,

It would be nice to put this new rule on the rules to follow on SF for posting on the number of sentence we can quote from outside or from another member post when replying.
From my reading of it this rule is not there in this FAQ sheet:
https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/faq.php?faq=vb_faq

Regards
Old 19-08-2021, 11:04 AM
Legrand

After a second reading, I did find this rule in the FAQ sheet on quoting limits number of sentences from the outside, but it those not talk about the number of lines in quoting another member post. Sorry if my quote from the FAQ sheet is more than 3 sentence. But I find important to clarify this SF rule sheet. It would be also a good idea to make it bold and maybe of another colour so that everyone can read it:

"Copy-Paste: One or two lines at most of relevant text of material from other sites or sources and a link to the relevant text for further reading is allowed on the condition that the author is credited and the source linked is not a commercial site (promoting or selling goods or services). Quotes of religious texts such as the Bible or Quran must also be no more than one or two lines. Posts that quote or copy-paste more than one or two short lines of text will be removed or edited. Repeatedly breaching this rule will lead to warnings and possible Disciplinary Action.''

From: https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/faq.php?faq=vb_faq

It should be more clear on the rule when we quote another member post.

IMHO
Old 19-08-2021, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
It should be more clear on the rule when we quote another member post.
IMHO
That's cuz it's not a Rule.
Like I said, it was confusing to me, too!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-08-2021, 11:38 AM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
That's cuz it's not a Rule.
Like I said it was confusing to me too!
I am confused now Miss Hepburn,
When we quote another member post can we quote more than 2 or 3 sentences?
When we press on the button Quote:

Do we have to edit the quote of the other member if its more than 3 sentences?
Regards