Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 14-06-2014, 01:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspirit
Here's the thing you are either the one in control or the one controlled with regard to being positive or negative.

You either:
Wake up and decide to be happy and spread happiness
You wait for circumstances to be in your favor to change your mood to a positive output mindset
So very true.
Old 16-06-2014, 10:44 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwerg
It's neither good or bad, it is the way it is. You've identified the problem, judging it won't solve it. Identifying the cause and resolving it will, and that I can't help you with because only you can know.

If it is neither good nor bad, then why are you calling it a problem?
Old 16-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspirit
Wake up and decide to be happy and spread happiness regardless of what unpleasant things you have to put up with. Your mind is strong and it disempowers negativity. If you do this you will be happy and positive and people will like you.

Questions:

1) Are you happy and positive?
2) Do people like you?
Old 16-06-2014, 10:58 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by primrose
It's never good to feel negative, it isn't always easy to stay positive, but with practice it can be done. I believe that how we feel is how content we are with our lives. negativity seems to bring discontent.

I was just being honest. I thought honesty was a good thing. Perhaps, I was wrong. But being wrong is a bad thing. I don't know. Maybe you're right.
Old 16-06-2014, 11:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian
Questions:

1) Are you happy and positive?
2) Do people like you?
I am happy and positive, as for answering if people like me I can't speak for them as they have to be the ones who answer that I guess. I would like to think they do. Ever noticed though how you gravitate to someone with a smile on thier face and a warm greeting?
Old 24-06-2014, 03:20 AM
Pathfinder

Hi Damian,

I just wanted to say that I don't know if feeling negative is good or bad. I feel it's natural to experience negativity from time to time. From my perspective, we're constantly changing, including our emotions.

I can say with certainty, however, is that your avatar put a smile on my face. What a grumpy kitty!

(Hopefully my response doesn't make you feel even more negative.)
Old 24-06-2014, 04:38 PM
Master
Its excellent to be aware of your negativity. Stay with it, don't try to be positive in any way. folk don't want to stay with the ugly, they want the bright lights now, even though they lead a life that promotes that negativity. If you stay with it, look at it, understand it, not reacting, not interpretting, not translating. then it might reveal why its as it is and that might put a smile on your face. no need for positivity but understanding helps. also you might be physically unhealthy or some underlying condition thats promoting this feeling. allergies promote negativity.

I said what about my eyes?
“Keep them on the road”
I said what about my passion?
“Keep it burning”
I said what about my heart?
“Tell me what you hold inside it?”
I said pain and sorrow?
He said…
“Stay with it” .

–Rumi–

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 26-06-2014, 09:48 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian
I'm feeling negative. Is that good or bad? You tell me.
Negative can be the catalyst for change, that's good. It's the way you're feeling, that's neither good nor bad but the way it is. If you feel negative you're aware of how you feel, that's good. How you perceive it is up to you, so if it's good or bad it's the choice you've made. If it makes you feel bad, that's bad. If feeling bad makes you want to change it, that's good. If you're confused then drop the whole good and bad thing, it makes Life easier and it brings awareness. That's good.
Old 26-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Master

Hi Damian,

Negativity is not really synonymous with nor is it an aspect of discrimination.
It is a ‘power’ though.

Negativity is inertia, confusion, resistance, and fear; closed, circular self-referent in its dynamic and self-fulfilling in its result - paralysis.
As such it tends to stifle intuition, restrict possibility and negate opportunity.

It is an exclusive (separative) superiority or non-participation of ego in the progressive expansion of consciousness in the greater being.
Negativity clings to the familiar limited unsatisfying known vs. a willing self-surrender to the progressively emerging unknown.

As to whether it is 'bad' or 'good' for you... I couldn't say.

~ J

Old 26-06-2014, 04:20 PM
Experiencer
A negative feeling is good if you use it to push yourself away from it. If you dwell on it, then it's really not good.