Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 08-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
In my current understanding , Buddhism is not something we work out from something , finding the reason to belief and develop such belief into any kind of faith and live with it .........is not using Siddharta's words as a platform or a guide to own path but rather realizing the words within own emotion ......the platform is you , is yourself -your emotion . Siddharta's words is to me a great factor for my realization but never the cause or the guideline .
In Buddhism as what I currently understand , there is no path as all happening regardless it nature is Buddhism , nothing is outside Buddhism .

To me in Buddhism all action or re-action is all a great source of learning and is same and equal . Siddharta's words is same as Osama action , same as the birds outside your window , same as the pen on your table ......is all a source for all for aware , for realize , for accept and continue to aware until there is no emotion to be aware ...........the emptiness .
Thats my current view .

So the Noble Eightfold Path is not important?
Old 09-05-2014, 12:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsoul
So the Noble Eightfold Path is not important?

In my current understanding , Nothing is "important" or " not important" , nothing is "good" or "bad" , nothing is " right " or "wrong" , nothing is "true "or "false" in Buddhism as all these comparison is because of human culture which uses knowledge as a guide .

Buddhism is beyond all culture , so the in my current understanding of Buddhism , "Noble Eightfold Path" is just a great source to self discovery , self realization from countless sources ........is same as Osama action , same as the birds on the tree or the dirt on your hand ..........all is a great source of self realization , is always you , is always me to realize that .............by creating a beliefs or a faith on something , you are actually creating more emotion in you and this will lead into longer journey in your natural process of Buddhism.

I hope you could continue to debate with me and hopefully many others could joint us....
Old 09-05-2014, 08:33 AM
Master
Quote:
In my current understanding , Nothing is "important" or " not important" , nothing is "good" or "bad" , nothing is " right " or "wrong" , nothing is "true "or "false" in Buddhism as all these comparison is because of human culture which uses knowledge as a guide .

Buddhism is beyond all culture , so the in my current understanding of Buddhism , "Noble Eightfold Path" is just a great source to self discovery , self realization from countless sources ........is same as Osama action , same as the birds on the tree or the dirt on your hand ..........all is a great source of self realization , is always you , is always me to realize that .............by creating a beliefs or a faith on something , you are actually creating more emotion in you and this will lead into longer journey in your natural process of Buddhism.

I hope you could continue to debate with me and hopefully many others could joint us....

Nice post .... :)

X DAZ X
Old 09-05-2014, 11:26 AM
Master
Quote:
I think, though, that you would agree that there a huge number of people that are in need of help or guidance... Some are more lost than others. Some just haven't found the right path yet.. They do need some help and support, and it isn't just 'going to happen' without some teachings or guidance.

I am not saying that this may work for everyone, but most people would need something.

A lot of people really are confused or not that aware of themselves, it has to be said!
I won't argue any of that, you're correct. I suppose I'm looking at things from a mostly idealist point of view. In a perfect world let's say, teaching and education would not be necessary. Life - living and experiencing one's moment-to-moment existence - would be the mechanism for learning and true knowledge.

And I suppose I come to this POV out of a same sort of understanding that CSE seems to have (although I'm no Buddhist or anything else for that matter). In a very real way, things are not all that important because we have many lifetimes to work things out. That's really why I believe a world spiritual movement is unnecessary: it will all take care of itself in the long run. However, I do feel it's naive and simplistic (and very new-age in some circles) to think things are neither good or bad, and neither right or wrong. Morality is a real and actual universal law. And parents do have a responsibility to make sure young souls grow up in a morally proper manner.

There are different ways of looking at this question, that's really the bottom line.

Last edited by Baile : 09-05-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:01 PM
Master
Perhaps if we look at thing base on our knowledge , it would always be from something we know or to be something that we already known . Buddhism is to my current understanding is beyond all that we know , beyond any culture so if we trying to explain "Buddhism" it would always be something from our culture ...something that we already know .
Old 09-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Suspended
Quote:

I like the intent, but surely you cannot say that there are absolutely no bad things or actions? You would not be able to say what is true if you were completely unable to distinguish what is right or wrong.. Which leads as down a dangerous path from an ethical point of view.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:23 PM
Master
Quote:
I like the intent, but surely you cannot say that there are absolutely no bad things or actions? You would not be able to say what is true if you were completely unable to distinguish what is right or wrong.. Which leads as down a dangerous path from an ethical point of view.

Perhaps you limit your desire to understand Buddhism solely on human culture where knowledge is used as a guide . In human culture , human had distinguished "the right ' , " the good" , the true against the wrong / bad / false ......human culture had named their experiences , their discovery but that is our culture .........so if you limit Buddhism as part of the culture , Buddhism will always be from something you had already known............

In my current understanding , Buddhism is beyond culture , beyond knowledge and knowledge is just as information , a tiny part of the whole process .......Buddhism is realization of own emotion , own existence , cause of own existence so by holding on to knowledge one will travel into longer journey into this process .........

All action or re-action regardless it nature is a same and equal great source to self discovery so regardless the words from Dalai Lama or the action of a serial killer , or a nature of a dead leaf or a pen on your table is all same & equal great source for self discovery that could served as a factor for self realization .
Dalai Lama could discover his own emotion from the action of Osama Bin Laden same as Osama could also learn from Dalai Lama words , we could discover our emotion by the nature of a dead leaf or a pen on the table ........so if you wish to hold on to rubbish as something useless it would be a "rubbish"... but if you free from holding on to your emotion on rubbish ...that same rubbish could be a great source of fertilizer to plant or a great home for trillions of micro-orgsm ..........and you could discover your emotion from the nature of the rubbish...... is all up to our will , our desire , our emotion so we could learn from all regardless living or non-living ...so tell me what is "wrong" if it could teach you the "right".....what is right if you do not realized the wrong ......in Buddhism both is same and equal great source of self discovery ........nothing is right or wrong , nothing is good or bad in Buddhism .....
In my current understanding of Buddhism , all emotion is same and equal so love , greed , ego , joy , suffering , greed , fear is all same energy that causes our existence and human knowledge indeed had created confusion to human ........
But we are living in a society that demanded a kind of control because human are still full of pollutants energy so we still need a civil law to distinguist the right or wrong ......but Buddhism is beyond all this ....I hope you and others here could debate more with me for my own learning process

Last edited by CSEe : 10-05-2014 at 12:21 AM.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:03 AM
Mrs Merrieweather

Quote:
Perhaps you limit your desire to understand Buddhism solely on human culture where knowledge is used as a guide . In human culture , human had distinguished "the right ' , " the good" , the true against the wrong / bad / false ......human culture had named their experiences , their discovery but that is our culture .........so if you limit Buddhism as part of the culture , Buddhism will always be from something you had already known............

In my current understanding , Buddhism is beyond culture , beyond knowledge and knowledge is just as information , a tiny part of the whole process .......Buddhism is realization of own emotion , own existence , cause of own existence so by holding on to knowledge one will travel into longer journey into this process .........

All action or re-action regardless it nature is a same and equal great source to self discovery so regardless the words from Dalai Lama or the action of a serial killer , or a nature of a dead leaf or a pen on your table is all same & equal great source for self discovery that could served as a factor for self realization .
Dalai Lama could discover his own emotion from the action of Osama Bin Laden same as Osama could also learn from Dalai Lama words , we could discover our emotion by the nature of a dead leaf or a pen on the table ........so if you wish to hold on to rubbish as something useless it would be a "rubbish"... but if you free from holding on to your emotion on rubbish ...that same rubbish could be a great source of fertilizer to plant or a great home for trillions of micro-orgsm ..........and you could discover your emotion from the nature of the rubbish...... is all up to our will , our desire , our emotion so we could learn from all regardless living or non-living ...so tell me what is "wrong" if it could teach you the "right".....what is right if you do not realized the wrong ......in Buddhism both is same and equal great source of self discovery ........nothing is right or wrong , nothing is good or bad in Buddhism .....
In my current understanding of Buddhism , all emotion is same and equal so love , greed , ego , joy , suffering , greed , fear is all same energy that causes our existence and human knowledge indeed had created confusion to human ........
But we are living in a society that demanded a kind of control because human are still full of pollutants energy so we still need a civil law to distinguist the right or wrong ......but Buddhism is beyond all this ....I hope you and others here could debate more with me for my own learning process

I have been reading through your past posts, this is very good, point well taken.

Answers this; taking nothing is good or bad in Buddhism, but when one human kills another human it is accepted as karmic fate, or should a buddhist society taken some kind of action against this person who has just killed another?
Old 10-05-2014, 03:22 AM
Master
Dear Mrs Merrieweather you said , I quote "I have been reading through your past posts, this is very good, point well taken.

Answers this; taking nothing is good or bad in Buddhism, but when one human kills another human it is accepted as karmic fate, " Un-quote

I do not going to touch on any knowledge regards to terminology that commonly used in current Buddhism study in short such as " karmic fate" because that is just knowledge ...Buddhism is beyond such knowledge . To my current understanding whatever action or re-action by our emotion is all part of our own learning , discovering lesson towards self realization . So if I kill someone for any reason regardless for protecting the life of others or for just a joy for killing ......that action will be part of my learning to discover my emotion of love , greed , ego , fear , desire etc .....Buddhism is all about a process of realization on emotion and is natural .
So if now I like to kill others just for joy or for any reason out of my desire , this action will some day teach me by my own regrets after I moved into greater realization of my emotion and I will suffer of my action....................
If I kill for protecting my the life of my love one , my re-action , my action will one day teaches me of my emotion of love , of greed and desire to own my love one and such action will teach me after I moved into greater realization . In my current understanding of Buddhism......nothing is own by me nor family , material , "my" life even "my" body is never belong to me ...so the desire to own somebody like "love one" , family , material even "own" body is actually the emotion that causes our existence ...and joy and suffering is the nature in this path ..........all emotion regardless love , hate , greed , ego , fear is same and equal in Buddhism .

You said , I quote " or should a buddhist society taken some kind of action against this person who has just killed another? Unquote

In my current understanding , all living or non-living is Buddhist ........regardless human , animal , plant , micro-orgsm or non-living like rock , water , pen , table , Coca-Cola can is " Buddhist" because all is travelling back into each own original condition of nothingness ...in a process known by human culture as death , living , rusty , rot , wear , tear etc ...........in my current understanding regard to Buddhism concept , say if a person kill me for any reason ......yes I agree because we are human that still full of polluted energy with emotions , we need some kind of common sense to determine what can , what not , what right , what is wrong and need a civil law for control......that is something which I totally agree as human . But as I have said Buddhism is beyond human , beyond culture , beyond knowledge ...is not something we know or something we wish to know even is never something that we will know ...Buddhism is realization on own emotion , own existence , cause of own existence ....so if someone kill me for whatever reason .....the one that "die" is the body NOT ME- the nothingness ( Buddha ) or my emotion ( The cause of my existence ) ...the body is never belong to me and death , rot , decay is part of the body own process into nothingness ...I will exist and continue my existence as long as I still attached to my emotion ....and such energy will cause my existence and continue to cause my existence as long as I still attached to it ...Buddhism is the natural process that will separate ME- the original condition of nothingness and MY EMOTION- the energy that causes my existence ..........

So the killer is in his own process discovering his emotion , his greed , his ego , his fear , his desire for killing me and his action had indeed offer my love one , my family a great learning source to discover their emotion , their love ,their desire on me even their hate ,anger towards the killer .....in Buddhism , the killer action had offer a great learning source for all........

In my current understanding , awaken to Buddhism , one will realized that there is no " others" except own emotion ...one will realized that is always alone in the journey of own will in own world...so how to " take action" if there is nothing outside except you and yourself ? That my current understanding of Buddhism
Old 10-05-2014, 03:22 AM
Master
My understanding of Buddhism is a result of my realization of my existence and seems fit in very much in Siddharta's word therefore I found realization of his words of " awake & emptiness " therefore I do not understand any terminology that used in common Buddhism studies.

Last edited by CSEe : 10-05-2014 at 06:51 AM.