Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 07-05-2014, 08:09 PM
Suspended
I think you may be right in some ways, CSEe. Buddhism is the fastest growing religion in Europe, and in places like South America it is also taking root and spreading. Of course, many people may take some of the Buddhist ideas on board, and perhaps not class themselves as committed Buddhists, but that doesn't stop the Buddhadharma from spreading and reaching out to people.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Those are my general life beliefs as well. I don't follow any religion or spiritual path. Also, and because of that, I do not wonder what will happen to society in the future. I do not for example wonder if "Buddhism will replace our current civil law" in the future.

I am not saying it is wrong to ask that question. But asking that question seems related to the idea of thinking society needs to accept a specific belief or practice in the future. So if that is not my path and it makes no difference to me, why would I care about or spend time wondering if society would choose that path? I do not need to choose a specific belief path, and therefore society does not need to choose one either. Do you understand what I mean?

Perhaps I could notice there are areas of different view for me to learn here , in my current understanding Buddhism is a process of self realization that not by creation of planning , practices or emotions therefore if one had created a beliefs or any kind of faith on a certain path therefore this is actually created more emotion in them , more emotion will lead into longer journey and greater joy or suffering is part of this journey . So to me any kind of beliefs or faith is actually causing human to be more confused .

In my current understanding , the basic concept of Buddhism is realization , is realizing my current condition , my current emotion and from my current realization , I realized that I am still full of pollutants , full of confused due to my emotions that in human culture known as ego , desire , imagination , love , greed , fear etc ........all this emotion is actually from a same source of energy but was defined differently in human culture ....so I am a human just like Osama , just like any rapist , any monks , any homeless and that is my realization and I am also realizing Buddhism in all regardless living or non-living .........and my current realization that if we created our self to be somebody , to be good or kind or any person in our mind , we are actually creating more emotion in us ...that is perhaps travelling into longer journey . Buddhism to me is realization and regardless what I do or how I re-act is all part of a learning process .....I will further explain to you if needed.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsoul
I think you may be right in some ways, CSEe. Buddhism is the fastest growing religion in Europe, and in places like South America it is also taking root and spreading. Of course, many people may take some of the Buddhist ideas on board, and perhaps not class themselves as committed Buddhists, but that doesn't stop the Buddhadharma from spreading and reaching out to people.

To me if our current human culture accepting " Buddhism" is a religion , therefore I will be something that will lead into greater confusion , greater suffering of human culture ...........

In my current understanding , Buddhism is never any kind of faith or beliefs . Nothing is actually referral to Buddhism including Siddharta or any kind of his teaching . Siddharta was just introduce Buddhism to man kind and no one created Buddhism , Buddhism is just a name for a natural process . Buddhism is all the answer of all existence not only to human but to all.........so all living or non-living is all in each own process back into original condition of nothingness ...and all action or re-action is all part of this process .
I hope to debate with anyone on this for my own learning process....
Old 08-05-2014, 06:14 AM
Suspended
I see.... But, do people not need some 'nudging' and a platform from which to spring? Some basic teachings and ethical guidelines?

What is your view on the Noble Eightfold Path?
Old 08-05-2014, 11:41 AM
Master
Quote:
I see.... But, do people not need some 'nudging' and a platform from which to spring? Some basic teachings and ethical guidelines?
That depends on one's definition of nudgings, teachings and so forth. Doctrine in the form of belief in a god, savior, etc. is more than nudging, it's clouting someone over the head. Whereas spiritual understandings - the process of self-realization, the condition of nothingness, the release of attachments - are concepts any person can instantly relate to on a human level. My learning path involves the observation of nature, and that's about it. No further teachings or philosophical concepts required.

As for ethical guidelines, morality and ethics are inherent in the human being. We're born into the world as moral, ethical beings; that's our natural state and spiritual inheritance. Whereas children and people are taught to be miserable and dishonest - and ironically, via the teachings and nudgings of outside influences.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
My learning path involves the observation of nature, and that's about it. No further teachings or philosophical concepts required.

As for ethical guidelines, morality and ethics are inherent in the human being. We're born into the world as moral, ethical beings; that's our natural state and spiritual inheritance. Whereas children and people are taught to be miserable and dishonest - and ironically, via the teachings and nudgings of outside influences.

If it works for you then great. However, I do think your are underestimating the importance of a clear ethical framework, a common goal, and something to share in with others.

I think we all need some nudging especially when young, and I don't particularly think we will just 'be good' if there are not some role models to look at and learn from. The sharing aspect is important, too. The ability to be part of something (like a sangha) cannot be underplayed. Helping one another and having a shared vision can really propel people on.

Of course, there may be a few ascetic yogis content to be away from it all, but even they don't spend their entire lives away from people!
Old 08-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Master
Quote:
I think we all need some nudging especially when young, and I don't particularly think we will just 'be good' if there are not some role models to look at and learn from.
That's similar to what I said. All it takes is living among other moral individuals, and learning via observation. No teaching required. The best parents are the ones who don't preach, they simply love and allow their children to experience. It's not a matter of what works for me, it's a matter of understanding that our spiritual inheritance is to be good, kind and moral. That's our natural state and that's what we naturally gravitate towards. Religion for example starts from the premise that the human being is somehow flawed and needs fixing. That's nonsense, and it's essentially the whole problem with most of what we call teaching and education.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Suspended
I think, though, that you would agree that there a huge number of people that are in need of help or guidance... Some are more lost than others. Some just haven't found the right path yet.. They do need some help and support, and it isn't just 'going to happen' without some teachings or guidance.

I am not saying that this may work for everyone, but most people would need something.

A lot of people really are confused or not that aware of themselves, it has to be said!
Old 08-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Master
I honestly believe humans are heading to a more omni-religious divinity in which religion won't concentrate on singular beliefs but the culmination of religious experiences throughout the centuries.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:05 PM
Master
Quote:

What is your view on the Noble Eightfold Path?

In my current understanding , Buddhism is not something we work out from something , finding the reason to belief and develop such belief into any kind of faith and live with it .........is not using Siddharta's words as a platform or a guide to own path but rather realizing the words within own emotion ......the platform is you , is yourself -your emotion . Siddharta's words is to me a great factor for my realization but never the cause or the guideline .
In Buddhism as what I currently understand , there is no path as all happening regardless it nature is Buddhism , nothing is outside Buddhism .

To me in Buddhism all action or re-action is all a great source of learning and is same and equal . Siddharta's words is same as Osama action , same as the birds outside your window , same as the pen on your table ......is all a source for all for aware , for realize , for accept and continue to aware until there is no emotion to be aware ...........the emptiness .
Thats my current view .