Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 12-10-2012, 02:58 AM
Sybilline

The 4 Buddhas?

I read somewhere when I was in Uni, that there are 4 buddhas and that Siddharta is the 3rd one... Then apparently when the 4th buddha... I don't know... Awakens? It will be the end of the world. That can mean anything, I know. But I can't find this info anywhere! I have been googling but I can't. And I certainly can't go back to the library to find it. Anyone familiar with this?
Old 12-10-2012, 03:47 AM
Master
Oh don't tell me I've got four Buddha's to kill now lol.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:58 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Oh don't tell me I've got four Buddha's to kill now lol.
It is not really that bad. You can do one at the time.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:05 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
I read somewhere when I was in Uni, that there are 4 buddhas and that Siddharta is the 3rd one... Then apparently when the 4th buddha... I don't know... Awakens? It will be the end of the world. That can mean anything, I know. But I can't find this info anywhere! I have been googling but I can't. And I certainly can't go back to the library to find it. Anyone familiar with this?
The future Buddha is Matreya.

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
According to tradition, Maitreya will be the fifth Buddha of the present kalpa (aeon) and his arrival will occur after the teachings (dharma) of the current Gautama Buddha are less meaningfully communicated.

This means that there is a good chance he might appear tomorrow.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
It is not really that bad. You can do one at the time.
Well I got rid of the first one, so that means I actually got rid of all of them, well there is only One Buddha, the rest must be impostors lol.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:24 AM
Master
Just sharing , perhaps there is ONLY one Buddha ......that is OWN SELF .
Thks
CSEe
Old 12-10-2012, 04:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
Just sharing , perhaps there is ONLY one Buddha ......that is OWN SELF .
Thks
CSEe
Yep that is true, Buddha isn't a person but what is within each person, and not even that, but i have to say something lol.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:58 AM
sahaja

Oh well - worlds come, worlds go. Impermanence.
If it were a widely held tenent in Buddhism it should come up quickly Googling it.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:35 AM
Master
Based on my current understanding on Buddhism concept .........." Buddha" is emptiness , the original energy before pollutant ........all being is emptiness but with attachment of tiny bit of polluted energy , as living such as human the polluted energy is all my desire , will , compasssion etc that cause my existance ......I exist and continue to exist because of my will , my desire to exist .........but still all beings regardless living or non-living is in their own process to release all the polluted energy that attached to them leading to NOTHING -the emptiness ( The Buddha ) in a process known to me as Buddhism .
I hope to challenge this understanding further .
Thks
CSEe
Old 15-10-2012, 09:41 PM
oliness

In one of the traditional histories, Gautama Buddha is the 4th Buddha of this world age. The next Buddha will be Maitreya. However the traditional chronology needs updating in line with modern knowledge as it doesn't really fit our understanding of history. Now we know that human consciousness only attained the level Gautama Buddha attained around his time (circa 500BC, the Axial Age) and he was either the first to attain this level (formless consciousness) or one of the first.

However, non-historically there are four Buddha bodies: the Nirmanakaya (gross form body), the Sambhoghakaya (subtle form body), th Dharmakaya (truth body of emptiness) and the Svabhavikakaya (the nondual union of them all).