Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Gracey

no nonsense pantyhose is the way it goes...
Old 01-03-2015, 05:59 PM
Ivy

This thread has suddenly become sadly apt as I feel the subject of little campaign to try and dominate how I or others speak.

I've been shut up, so many times in my life that I really don't feel I can cope with it right now. So what do I do, but shut up so I don't have to.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
This thread has suddenly become sadly apt as I feel the subject of little campaign to try and dominate how I or others speak.

I've been shut up, so many times in my life that I really don't feel I can cope with it right now. So what do I do, but shut up so I don't have to.

Don't shut up. You speak fine.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 01-03-2015, 09:55 PM
Ivy

Thank you.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

To me, whether something is nonsense or not depends on the context in which something is being discussed and whether one believes or practices it and in what manner it is presented.

I have some friends who, I feel, would find many things discussed on forums such as this as nonsense. They just are not into it or practice it.

There can be nonsense found in most anything that involves a philosophy, theology, or even theory. One may find truth and another may find falsehood. Some may not care about it.

It is how one takes it, IMO. One persons humor can be another persons insult. Humor kind of works that way, IMO.

Agree, it is healthy to have a sense of humor and not to take it all so seriously.

Yea, the insulted ones are prone to getting out their guns and spraying bullets around over a little bit of tongue in cheek about their sacred cows... and there I was thinking it was humorous... but then I thought, dang, not so funny now, is it.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy

It's become a real life thing where if 'love' is said as a platitude, that's how it's understood. Not against it, but the real meaning of it. The other thing is the advice, people don't know what I do and they don't care what I do, so what does it really mean when it's suggested I might do x,y and z. I might already be doing those things and more, but what I do isn't a concern, and it's not of any interest at all.

It's not meant to be comfortable, and when people get on my case with accusations, am I then to shut up and regulate my behaviours and be controlled under a demand to conform to the comfort zone of spiritual conventions?

In regards to you post, this doesn't mean shut up or speak as you are commanded to, on the contrary, it means speak up and say what you really mean.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:01 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I considered, everything that's presented as spiritually insightful is really a lot of nonsense. In my case, I've known that I speak nonsense for a long time, so have no qualms about doing so.

To say something wise, just make things up as you go along, but don't speak emphatically; remain highly ambiguous. When others can't quite understand exactly what you mean and are forced to create meaning for themselves, they will attribute it to being begifted of your wisdom.

To be highly spiritual,
make sure that you write in poetic form.
Presenting your nonsense in this way
leaves the impression that you are evolved,
but don't emphatically state anything;
make sure it has no discernible meaning
or people will see through the parade
and recognise that it's nonsense

Don't use too much regular language. Use terns like 'energies' or 'vibrations' etc. Example, if you simply don't like someone, that's terribly unspiritual, so instead say some nonsense like, 'their negative vibrations drain my energies'.

OH.. and when you have a good idea, say it came from higher self, like, 'I asked my higher self and was told...'
Another good trick is use appropriate emoticons such as:

Most importantly of all, use a spiritual parting like 'in love and light' or 'namaste', for example, 'Hugs' is pretty good too.

If you use these tips, people will think that you are saying something quite profound and won't even notice that it's all a lot on nonsense.

God bless your cotton socks.

Gem

rofl

Yes, another trick is NEVER actually claim you're enlightened. Instead, make post after post after post explaining what enlightenment is ... then people will think of you as enlightened by implication!
Old 02-03-2015, 12:20 PM
Knower

lol, just reading thru some of this thread, and I gotta say I appreciate it!

I visit these forums quite often and (no offence) but alot of it just doesn't seem like real talk to me.

So, this thread is very refreshing. Good job Gem!
Old 02-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Master
Oh I see my 5* thread rating has been relegated to a 4*...come on then, who was it, own up?

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 02-03-2015, 02:53 PM
Octy

Oh my gosh, this thread is entertaining...

... a lot of sarcasm, aggrandising, passive aggression and EGO! LOL love it!

Oh! And not to mention, nonsense :-)

It's a troll thread for trolls < okay, that was harsh and not even funny. In all seriousness, I do believe everyone has a right to speak for themselves as long as it is about themselves. So I can only speak for myself when I say, I enjoy both sides of the narrative, in other words, I position myself on the sofa with some not so enlightening but definitely entertaining reading
Closed Thread