Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 12-12-2022, 02:46 PM
Newbie ;)

Body twitches/jerks

While meditating my body sometimes twitches/jerks. Can anyone clarify what exactly is happening? Is it my nervous system processing emotions?
Old 12-12-2022, 02:52 PM
Master
When the kundalini rises along spine, it can cause involuntary jerks of head or other body parts. The interesting thing is that if we are disconcerted, we may telepathically communicate with Divine Mother and if we so choose, the downloads causing these spasms is slowed down or spread out in instalments, so to speak. At least that’s what’s been my experience.
Old 12-12-2022, 05:05 PM
Master

Body twitches could simply be the body releasing stress and tension as you relax in meditation.

There is also the idea of kriyas, involuntary bodily actions caused by the movement of energy. These kriyas may be simple twitches or jerks, or they may be more complex movements, such as spontaneously going into particular postures or mudras.

Such kriyas may be associated with the awakening of kundalini guided by the intelligence of Shakti, but they could equally just be a form of stress release.

Peace
Old 15-12-2022, 08:57 PM
Master

We twitch even when we are wide awake but we usually ignore this.

I will put these twitches in two categories, one that could be simply the body releasing tension and stress, and the other, discharges of energy, my body many times flew in the air, the electrocution was so powerful that my whole body jumped in the air, literally. Usually, for me, these discharges of energy are followed by a deeper relaxation and often some kind of spiritual experience, a vision, an audible message or a flash of light.

So if you experience twitches and spams during meditation, know many experience this so it's not something unusual.

Of course there's one more category, health issues but this is accompanied by many other things.
Old 13-01-2023, 01:37 AM
Master
Sounds like what doctors refer to as a ""hypnik nerk" also known as a hypnik spasm.

Its a nervous system thing.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 14-01-2023, 12:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Sounds like what doctors refer to as a ""hypnik nerk" also known as a hypnik spasm.

Its a nervous system thing.
Just to clarify, for anyone that was wondering, 'hypnic nerk' was a typo - it's jerk, not nerk.
Old 14-01-2023, 01:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Just to clarify, for anyone that was wondering, 'hypnic nerk' was a typo - it's jerk, not nerk.

Lol......yes its Hypnik jerk!. Not nerk

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 14-01-2023, 11:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Lol......yes its Hypnik jerk!. Not nerk
I had to google it just to be sure - at first I was like, 'nerk? What's that, some sort of obscure medical term? '
Old 02-02-2023, 06:23 PM
Knower

The jerks and twitches are your body releasing tension and energy in the body that no longer serves you. It means you are getting more in alignment with yourself. Unless there is an underlying medical reason that you are aware of, it is a good sign :)
Old 02-02-2023, 08:46 PM
Knower

I was once meditating in a group seated in a circle and noticed that the twitches moved around part of the circle as if contagious.