Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 11-12-2019, 10:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
In Buddhism and I have discussed this a lot. Most traditions would not say they are actually merging with another being. More just their own Buddha Nature.

I am only familiar with Kashmir Shaivism merging with deities. If you could send me a link of other traditions I would appreciate it.

I can’t really see how deities could be more than a mental construction, though I am open to the idea that there might be one or two human immortals.

Ultimately do you aim to merge with your Buddha nature without the need to merge with deities?
Old 11-12-2019, 11:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Thanks JustBe.

I would like to say that what I consider a merge is not what is being described in the article. It is more of a crown level connection than a true merge but very, very cool that people are connecting.

So what differences do you see in these ways. If you don’t mind explaining further.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I can’t really see how deities could be more than a mental construction, though I am open to the idea that there might be one or two human immortals.

Ultimately do you aim to merge with your Buddha nature without the need to merge with deities?

Your response was, what I was trying to convey through my experience. You can choose any thing, person alive or otherwise as a piece of the whole we are within, to merge with. In fact if your open fully to yourself it isn’t necessary. Which is why the practice of full presence in meditation with yourself opens you to everything you seek outside of yourself and trying to attain too in another.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:17 AM
Master

Quote:

In the concept of Oneness and Unity boundaries between separate entities are removed. This is a bit like when a man and a woman unite their separate identities and souls in the act of love. They become one. Such a state can also be achieved with a deity, but this is just a gateway to the main attraction, becoming one with the universe and merging with everything there is.

It is rather complicated, but if you have questions, I am happy to answer them, if I can.
Old 12-12-2019, 01:03 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
For starters ....

This whole idea to me is very edgy, even to the point of paranoia.
Especially over the internet.

But I am glad the subject matter has been brought up jonesboy, to be explored.

I do not want to discourage anyone, but I do not want to encourage either .....
Imo. here specific conditions need to be met ....

I have only seen these things practiced in a group setting(other than a vision quest)
where a Sacred place is established and an intercessor present.
A doorway is opened and the whole Sacred place shifts and the
Spirits are allowed to operate freely for the most part.
They are cued or directed by Song and or prayer by the intercessor.
(Called in, told why they were called and in the end told to leave)

But this is Buddhism so I am way out of bounds here.

Edit: I should add that there are many different levels of Deity/Spirit
practices that are also practiced.
Old 12-12-2019, 01:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Sounds cool.

The path of Tantra is an inner, hidden path, it is about working on yourself and establishing a personal relationship with the Goddess. It does not really work in a group setting and I'm not sure what would constitute a demonstration.

I can pass on the Gift of the Goddess to those that seek it, but it is the Goddess herself, who decides who she is going to grace with her divine presence.

She is the inner Goddess present in all and she shines with the radiance of a thousand suns.

If you wish to receive her gift of nectar, the offer stands, you just need to ask.

Thank you for the offer :)
Old 12-12-2019, 01:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
For starters ....

This whole idea to me is very edgy, even to the point of paranoia.
Especially over the internet.

But I am glad the subject matter has been brought up jonesboy, to be explored.

I do not want to discourage anyone, but I do not want to encourage either .....
Imo. here specific conditions need to be met ....

It is a very rare thing for something like I am describing to be done over the internet. In Buddhism it isn't even possible which is why I asked :)
Old 12-12-2019, 02:00 PM
Master
Quote:

Think of it like this.

A deity is a Buddha and we will just start off with connecting to such a being.

The realization and clarity of a Buddha is much more than what you or I have realized. We are clouded, obscured in our realization.

When you connect to a Buddha two things happens. A sharing of space which can be felt as silence/space/clarity and or energy.

Now the energy isn't the normal ego energy but clear light, primordial light.

So when you connect you are getting this extra space to expand, to let go of obstructions that the primordial energy is flowing through to release.

With the release of obstructions one expands or you could say clears away there obstructions to realize there own Buddha Nature.

Pranayama, energy practices do much the same thing. Pranayama compared to connecting to a divine being is like being in the school lane compared to being on the autobahn.

Here is an entire thread on the topic discussed with Vajrayana and Dzogchen practitioners if anyone is interested. https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/460...and-guru-yoga/
Old 12-12-2019, 02:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I have only seen these things practiced in a group setting(other than a vision quest)
where a Sacred place is established and an intercessor present.
A doorway is opened and the whole Sacred place shifts and the
Spirits are allowed to operate freely for the most part.
They are cued or directed by Song and or prayer by the intercessor.
(Called in, told why they were called and in the end told to leave)

But this is Buddhism so I am way out of bounds here.

Edit: I should add that there are many different levels of Deity/Spirit
practices that are also practiced.

Thank you,

That is much different than what I am describing and would be more astral in nature.

I would agree there are different levels of Deities and beings.
Old 12-12-2019, 03:06 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Thank you,

That is much different than what I am describing and would be more astral in nature.

I would agree there are different levels of Deities and beings.

This why I don't bring these things up much.

Not Astral. This is in the physical realm.