Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 30-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Mathew

[quote=Seawolf]That's a great idea! The first step in healing is acknowledgment and admittance, letting down the defenses and allowing myself to be human. Facing that I don't know anything and I'm taking out my problems on other people, whether it's by arguing or by pompously trying to help others.

We don't know what we think we do, but as soon as I think I understand something my ****. comes back and I think I know, which automatically opens the door for a preaching spree.

Spirituality is subjective, there is no right or wrong, no facts, no true experiences, knowing…whatever is true for each person is the truth. Preaching 'my' truth is pointless, and thinking 'if I could just get them to see it' is more of my own ****. No one would be here in the first place if they weren't driven by some personal issue. I admit that I'm very much full of ego, and I truthfully feel like it's up there with the biggest ones.[/QUOTE

I wish there was more people like you & Xan on this site, I have to admit I have brought the fox's out in the open which in the long run will be better for all of us, at least we will know who lies with dishonesty & who doesn't. This isn't a bad thing you know, it might be uncomfortable at the moment but righteous people always, when knocked down, get up but unrighteous people when knocked down never do!!

Love
Mathew
Old 30-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Master
Mathew... I never heard that turtles symbolize hidden hostility and it doesn't make sense to me. Turtles are a decidedly non-hostile species, soft and sensitive on the inside.

Something hidden, yes... but you could look more closely into what that actually is.

Xan

Old 30-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Master
You know the Latin word for I is Ego. It just means "I". My identity.

There is nothing wrong with having an ego or identity. We need them to survive and exist in this world. We all are an energized individual, a spiritual being. We all have an identity. God said he has one too as- "I Am That I Am".

What is bad is being "egotistical" which means accepting the fact that all your are is your "physical identity". Eckart Tolle should make distinctions but then again he is NOT a spiritual teacher. He is a mentalist, a overly glorified Buddhist psychologist. Very much like Jung but nothing that will make me buy his books.

Our spiritual identity, a child of God, a child of the Supreme Being is who we are. Our physical identity is but a fragment of who we are and we must unite the two.

I am sick of hearing about "Oh my ego is separating me from God". That is the most egotistical thing I could hear. You are basically saying if you got rid of your identity, the only identity that could reside in you would be God, thus you want to be God, not to be united with God.

I Hate all of this New Age "ego" talk. It is for the birds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 30-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Master
The "I" of the personal identity is not the same as the "I Am" of God. At some point in spiritual awakening we may notice the radical difference.

Xan

Old 30-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
No potshots? Hey...could this be progress?

My dearest Amy you are wasting your time with this one, he has he's own road to tread, it's pointless helping him as he's ego is blocking he's way.

And please Any don't worry about me, they are reading my cover & think they know what's written inside but they have no idea. They don't like me telling of my experiences without reading it from a book first, I could just imagine what would happen if I started discussing about my experiences with my inner self which I have just recently had another episode of, dummies would be spat from all direction.

I have my inner self Amy & my outer self, I allow my outer self to dominate as I like who my human self warts all, I have deliberately split these two up. Try to remember Amy they are really only hurting themselves but they have no idea of it.

Love
Mathew
Old 30-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Mathew... I never heard that turtles symbolize hidden hostility and it doesn't make sense to me. Turtles are a decidedly non-hostile species, soft and sensitive on the inside.

Something hidden, yes... but you could look more closely into what that actually is.

Xan

It's what my dream dictionaries are saying....the thing is if you put your hand anywhere near the mouth of a turtle he will bite.

Love
Mathew

PS Do you decipher your dreams, if not you should it's a great tool in situations like this
Old 30-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Master
the thing is if you put your hand anywhere near the mouth of a turtle he will bite.

So will any wild animal, Mathew. I don't go much for dream dictionaries as we each have our own subconscious symbols. By looking more closely you may find what you expect from that book, or something entirely different.

Xan

Old 30-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Personally I didn't make that assumption. There is a lot of judgement and that's fine to a degree, but the truth of such things is usually pretty slim.

I'm no spiritualist, so don't expect nice things from me.

On the contrary, you have extremely valuable exoperience well worth sharing. It's just people speak for you, and as I have already said, that leads to contention, not for egotistic reasons, but because it's a hurtful behaviour.

The thing witll rattle around much like a stone makes ripples in calm water, and it's just the nature of the pool, so we'd do well to speak of ourselves if that's what we'd like to do, but not about others nor on their behalf.

There are some who are making that assumption. I wish people wouldn't speak for me as I'm fine but I do appreciate it, they can make things worse.

For an nonspiritual person you seem wise & why not not all wisdom is gained through spirituality that's for sure. Now I've brought that up most spiritually aware people only think of spiritual wisdom!!!...big mistake as mans spiritualism is nothing to the big picture. Just a thought!!
Old 30-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Master
btw... "spiritualism" is about ghosts and mediums and stuff. Discovering and yielding into your true nature is "spirituality".

Xan

Old 30-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
the thing is if you put your hand anywhere near the mouth of a turtle he will bite.

So will any wild animal, Mathew. I don't go much for dream dictionaries as we each have our own subconscious symbols. By looking more closely you may find what you expect from that book, or something entirely different.

Xan

You interpret with the rest of the dream which in this case was gloomy.....actually I didn't expect anything, the turtle came on the scene when I first came across MG, the other animals came on the scene when MG was being supported by others, simple deduction.

Love
Mathew
Closed Thread