Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 31-07-2011, 03:50 AM
Trieah

Further development

I'd like to be able to get better with my skills. I feel like mine are so faint that I can't always tell what's going on. At times, I feel like I just stumbled into mediumship before ever fully developing my gifts.

Right now, I'm still going through one of my long disconnect periods, where I don't really sense anyone around, not even my guides. The person who got me involved with soul rescuing told me that it does take a lot of your own vital energy to help a soul cross over, and if you do it too much, you have to wait until your energy is fully restored before you can start doing this kind of work again.

But while I'm waiting around, I'd like to at least try and get better at communicating with them. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get better?
Old 01-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Serenity Bear

Im not sure what you are asking.

If its to communicate better with spirit and your guides then meditation is your answer, or doing anything creative like drawing. A good daily meditation of ten minutes is ideal, you dont need to go crazy with it.

To do rescue work you should really have years of experience, its not for the novice more for the later stages of intermediate to advanced. The only time this may not be in effect is if you have a very experienced medium in rescue work sitting with you.

The rescue work can drain you, especially if its an intense session with lots of souls (ie like the recent Tsunami situation), but most would recover within a few weeks.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:21 AM
Trieah

The problem I have with meditation, is I've got one of those hyperactive brains that just doesn't want to shut off. I've tried so many times just to take it slow and only go for a few minutes at a time in order to build up. But that doesn't seem to work for me at all. Seems I always wind up getting lost in the random chatter before I even realize that I've done it again.

And as for doing something creative, again there's a problem with that. I've been very creative and imaginative every since I was a little girl and have homed that gift so well, that my own brain can completely takes over, not leaving very much room in my thought process for spirits to communicate. And because I'm so well developed in the creative visualization area, it can sometimes be a little more difficult figuring out what's coming from me, or what's coming from spirit. And lately, when I do feel their presence inside my head, my brain seems to go into over defensive mode to counteract anything they try to do. Best way I can describe it, is it's like the movie "Inception", where all my thoughts will seek out the intruder and try to get rid of it.

As for not being advanced enough to do soul rescuing work, I suppose I should mention that my empathy and compassion for others has been so well developed, especially for the underdogs and misunderstood, that I am quite advanced in those areas. I have such a great passion for soul rescuing, that I put my whole heart and soul into it. Perhaps that's why it takes me (and the lady who taught me) longer to recover after a while. But we're talking after hugely massive numbers here. And I deal with a lot of very dark energy signatures, like murderers, murder victims and people who have been completely misunderstood by society. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty Could be why my brain has developed so many layers of self defence mechanisms against intruders, LOL. For now, when souls come to me, my guide just takes them across without getting me too involved cause he knows I need the rest.

My biggest strengths are with clairessence and claircognazance. I'm somewhat mediocre with the clairvoyance and clairaudience. And those are the two that I'd like to work on. So that being said, what kinds of things can I do to help strengthen those two areas?
Old 02-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Serenity Bear

Ok you have the usual problems that people come across.

Im afraid to say meditation takes a good 6 months to get even remotely good at it, with years or practice to become good at.

The reason why you do meditation or creativity is to stream line the energy, and take the conscious mind out the way to bring in the subconscious. EVERYONE has busy minds and that is part of the process.

Start small, close your eyes and register that your having your thoughts, dont even try to stop them.

The second step is to think of one item, like a rose or an acorn and concentrate on it. If your mind wanders away come back to the acorn. Continue doing this until you can do a complete 20 minute meditate on the acorn without wandering.

Only then can you begin to do any travelling as you have the discipline of mind. At this point you can begin to explore and meet your guides. To do rescue work you need them and be in a very trusting place with them. Without this your gonna have major problems.

Clairessence is called Clair scent - the usual internet renaming and Claircognazance is more known just as the knowing. Neither of these would be very conducive to rescue work. If you have clairvoyance and audience it maybe that your Clairscentient (feeling) in which case you use the whole lot of the clairs to gain information.

Im Clairscentient and I do rescue work well, however saying that Iv been doing mediumship for 27 years so have the experience to do it.

For all clairs its important to know how the aura and the chakras work together with spirit energies and your own, so I would start there. If your going to use the internet make sure the sites you research from are of a good source and not something set up by a total novice.

One note of caution: Rescue workers need to be very very strong personalities with a good working knowledge of themselves. Not all mediums can do the work as it is very exhausting and can have psychological effects on the self. This is why most are at the top end of intermediate to the advanced level.

I would suggest you find your local spiritualist church and find a good development circle to sit in. The good ones are by invite only, so may take a while to find or be invited into but just put the feelers out there. A good teacher will be able to help you but be warned it takes years to get to the level you wish to do.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Trieah

Heh, I'm somewhat dyslexic and seem to keep getting clariessence and clairscentient mixed up. So I actually do rely heavily on my clear feeling and knowing

Question. Is zoning out or going into auto pilot mode a method of meditation? Cause I'm a master at doing that I've had some pretty interesting visions when I'm in auto pilot mode, LOL. My psychic development teacher said that I seem to be a step beyond most of her students when it comes to interaction with the spirit world.

I have done some research on chakras and auras, though. So I am familiar with them. I just haven't done as much chakra work lately because I've been spending a lot of time trying to AP. My mind can go AP, practically at will, but getting my whole spirit body to do it is another story.

Heh, when I let my mind wander far enough, I seem to find myself to be in several dimensions at once, and it's just my conscious mind jumping from one reality with a particular spirit guide, to the next reality with a whole different set of circumstances going on. It's like my conscience mind is joining that reality already in progress, but now that I've become consciously aware of it, I wind up stopping what I was doing so I can figure out where I am at, and what's going on. Sometimes, one of my other spirit guides will even come along and "close the curtain" on that reality, and just take me for a walk in our reality (mine and this other guide), because I've interrupted what was going on in that other reality. It's like my conscious mind needs to be "babysat" to keep me from being too much of an interruption in my other dimensional realities that are going on. I know it has something to do with quantum physics and all. I'm just not interested in learning all the mechanics of how it works.

I do understand what you mean about needing to have a very strong personality and knowing yourself inside and out, when doing rescue work. And I know it can be dangerous, draining, and make you question your sanity at times, but please understand that I am fully capable of doing it, even though I haven't been consciously aware of my psychic gifts long enough to be considered an intermediate or advanced.
Old 14-08-2011, 09:27 PM
spirit72

Color

From what I have read your perfectly normal full of questions, excitement, and a desperate need for other to recognise your gift... and that's great, as the moment you stop asking questions that's the moment your ego is running the show...
The thing is, you will have to at some point get to no the basics, chakra work is more important than I can express, and is for me the backbone to mediumship, they are your energy force for giving and receiving, and for helping to cross over lost souls... there is no reason why you should have depleted energy, and have to stop working, unless you are allowing yourself to be drained of energy... using your chakras and kundalini correctly will bring in the pure energy needed for this work, not just white light, but the earth's energy to, grounding out is key to anything you do, if your not doing that, your asking for trouble, and closing down is just as important...
I promise you if you learn all that, and you sound very bright and enthusiastic so it will take you a matter of a few days or weeks... THEN try and meditate, you will see such a change as you visualise going up through your chakras, seeing all the colour change and then drift into a unique porthole off bliss as you meet guides and angels, and travel to all the different plains of existence...
The trick is don't be in two much of a hurry to learn everything all at once, as I found I got spirit teachers sent to me, they showed me the way, that sounds real cheesy but they did, I had 10 years of intense spiritual teaching and I am still not done! LOL
Baby steps... Chakras first, Grounding out second, protection, then the world is your oyster, you will tune in very quickly, and you will learn fast...

Don't run before you can walk, and burn out...

It is just the way things have gone for me, and I am still learning, but it is different for everyone, but the fundamentals are always the same, going into mediumship without knowing what, were and how chakras work and what and how to ground yourself and close down, and all about protecting yourself if mental...