Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-11-2018, 10:39 PM
Knower

Is it possible to be guided to the right job?

I have bad social anxiety and it keeps me from getting a job. At the same time I do get sick of sitting around the house. I would like to be around people again. But my fear is so strong every time I think about getting a job I can feel it in the pit of my stomach.

When I look around at all the possible jobs out there I just can't see myself doing any of them. I don't know what kind of job I should get. I don't know where I would fit in and where I would be most happy. Wouldn't my Higher Self know that? It knows everything, right?

So I try to ask in prayer for guidance about where I should get a job. I ask to be guided or led to the right job or for a sign to point me in the right direction. I pray about every night, but it doesn't seem to be working. I don't seem to be getting any answers. Do you think it's possible to be guided to the right job?

Back when I had my last job I was miserable there. I kept asking in prayer if I should stay or if I should go somewhere else. And I didn't ever receive an answer. Although this song kept playing on the radio at work - "should I stay or should I go now". Which merely reflected my question back at me but didn't really answer the question.

I was reading this book the other day and the guy was saying how he use to try to get guidance about what he should do about everything because he wanted the assurance of knowing that he was making the right choices before making a move. But he said he had to learn that God/Source isn't going to tell you what to do - it's not going to make your decisions for you.

But if that's true, why does A Course In Miracles say that the Holy Spirit can lead you very directly - it can tell you where to go, who to talk to, and what to say. If it can do that, why wouldn't it tell me where to apply for a job? Why wouldn't it tell me where I would fit in and be comfortable and happy?
Old 05-11-2018, 10:48 PM
Guide
There are two reasons for a job. One is for money to pay bills. The other is for having something fulfilling for your life.
It takes alot of work to bring the two together.
I had to work many MANY jobs I hated, just to pay the bills. But that has to get done, so you do it. Then to deal with the stress of that I started a hobby, and eventually (like after 10 years into it) was able to grow that hobby into a business I can run full time with.
I do not believe there really is any short cut to simply be doing what you really want to do in life. Everything will require work and planning.
You do what you have to to get through the day, and build for something for the future.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:55 AM
Knower

So you don't believe your Higher Self or Holy Spirit can lead you to the best job for you?
Old 06-11-2018, 02:04 AM
Guide

I experience all of the feelings you do. Fortunately I have my husband to keep a roof over our head and our needs met and then some, still there is something in me that is not satisfied with this. Something within me unfulfilled. Some of us are here with a unique purpose that is probably not posted on typical job sites offering employment . What do you want to create? What are you passionate about? How would you like to use your skills and knowledge to help others?
Old 06-11-2018, 02:30 AM
Knower

I don't know, I don't feel like I have a purpose or passion. Another reason it would be nice if I could get my Higher Self to lead me and direct my path.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:17 AM
Experiencer

I believe it is possible to be guided to the right job. I can't exactly explain it but someone knows when this happens to them. Their gut feeling tells them this. It feels right.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:42 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawnrr
There are two reasons for a job. One is for money to pay bills. The other is for having something fulfilling for your life.
It takes alot of work to bring the two together.
I had to work many MANY jobs I hated, just to pay the bills. But that has to get done, so you do it. Then to deal with the stress of that I started a hobby, and eventually (like after 10 years into it) was able to grow that hobby into a business I can run full time with.
I do not believe there really is any short cut to simply be doing what you really want to do in life. Everything will require work and planning.
You do what you have to to get through the day, and build for something for the future.

I agree with this view and, in a way, followed this direction. I threw in formal employment and went freelance. Probably eased by having to be a survivor during the early years.

If you want to survive in the material world with some comfort and out-of-hours freedom you have to trade your labour for the means to survive - work to earn in one form or another. Adaptability is important. If you hang around waiting for divine guidance to exactly the right job (it probably means "career") at least be prepared for disappointment. It may take a long time. It's mildly arrogant to expect some preternatural force to spend time altering ones behaviour and outlook and doing the "job agency" work without working on oneself. It's a pretty competitive market wherever one goes.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:49 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuurt
So you don't believe your Higher Self or Holy Spirit can lead you to the best job for you?

Honestly....no, i don't. At least not directly like that.
There is that old saying "Faith without works is dead". You can have all the faith you want, but simply having faith and waiting for something to happen is a fools journey.
I wasted years waiting for that to happen for me. But once you start moving, accepting a little humility in taking jobs you hate, it gives you the momentum to start moving toward what will actually be good for you eventually.
All you have to do is start to walk in the direction you want, every step brings you closer. Remember...the mountain never came to Mohammad ;)
Old 06-11-2018, 01:56 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
When I look around at all the possible jobs out there I just can't see myself doing any of them. I don't know what kind of job I should get. I don't know where I would fit in and where I would be most happy. Wouldn't my Higher Self know that? It knows everything, right?
You really need to sort these things out asap. Prayer might help, contemplation would help but you can't expect to be motivated if you don't know what you want to do.

Quote:
So I try to ask in prayer for guidance about where I should get a job. I ask to be guided or led to the right job or for a sign to point me in the right direction. I pray about every night, but it doesn't seem to be working. I don't seem to be getting any answers. Do you think it's possible to be guided to the right job?

If you pray, pray with utter passion. Put your entire being behind it. Abramelin the Mage exhorted people to "inflame themselves with prayer".
"Higher self" is always a puzzle to me. Do people mean their real Self, the self stripped of all delusion and illusion and in complete balance, or is it their higher principles which for most are easier to tabulate than live up to?
In your situation it's probably about aspirations and this is where contemplation comes in. Finding out what you like, what you want to do then gradually converge on the practical. Journaling your findings could be a great help.

Quote:
Back when I had my last job I was miserable there. I kept asking in prayer if I should stay or if I should go somewhere else. And I didn't ever receive an answer. Although this song kept playing on the radio at work - "should I stay or should I go now". Which merely reflected my question back at me but didn't really answer the question.
That's because only you can answer that question. By the time emanations from the Creator reached down to produce material life/human beings, we were given the means to decide.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Master
Quote:

I was reading this book the other day and the guy was saying how he use to try to get guidance about what he should do about everything because he wanted the assurance of knowing that he was making the right choices before making a move. But he said he had to learn that God/Source isn't going to tell you what to do - it's not going to make your decisions for you.

But if that's true, why does A Course In Miracles say that the Holy Spirit can lead you very directly - it can tell you where to go, who to talk to, and what to say. If it can do that, why wouldn't it tell me where to apply for a job? Why wouldn't it tell me where I would fit in and be comfortable and happy?

Hello,

My higher self does not make decisions/choices for me.

When there is a love bond between human/intellect and spirit/divine wisdom, my reasoning process became elevated or evolved. I learned to ask good questions so that I could extract the required insights from my all knowing aspect of self. This is a co-creative process, not an either/or undertaking.

It is necessary for all of us to have our own Free Choice. Some of us have learned that being happy is a choice of perception. Those who are miserable do not understand how such a thing could be because they see well being as a circumstance and not their choice of perspective.

I will give you an example. I worked part time at a doughnut shop while going to high school. My sister's best friend told her dad about me. That I was hard working and ambitious. That dad was a business manager who got me a job after high school working with business machines in his company. That was in 1961 before this occupation became known as the computer industry. The question to ask is 'was I just lucky or did I create well being for myself?'.

That is the type of question you want to ask yourself. What can you do to shift your perspectives so that you get lucky breaks?

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/