Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 14-05-2013, 12:34 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
I'll go you one better, if we are going to create a "perfect" world, who's definition of "perfect" are we going to use?

Often we use the word "whole" and I prefer that one. If you are "working" on making yourself "whole" then consider that whole is not the same as perfect. Whole includes all - not just love but hate, not just light but dark, etc, etc. It's not whole if it doesn't have any imperfections.

Heck if you're a dolphin you probably consider humans the imperfection on this earth right about now...

You and your questions....You must be really bored huh?hahaha
Old 14-05-2013, 12:48 AM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
With me, the notion 'real' doesn't mean anything. It's just a quality we assert on experience.

"I am this AND I am not this AND I am nothing at all AND I am all", is what is real. But I agree often people define real as their particular experience. It's a paradox because it's real; it can't be anything else. The problem is when we say "my experience is real therefore yours is not." Then again, there are no problems either. We are just mentally masturbating now. Which is not a problem either, it's just as real!

Quote:
Belief is easy to understand because everyone believes something, but to think the belief is 'truth' is dogmatic.

Belief can have quite magical consequences but it can also have quite dangerous consequences. Another paradox.

Quote:
People have a big story about twin flames like their soul was split when it was created and so on... there's other stories too... lots of them, and all I'm asking is, don't such fanciful tales set up unattainable expectations?

Any story will do that. Rather than pick on a particular story, it's way more interesting to ask why we tell stories to begin with. By that I mean in general, any story... any story at all...

Quote:
People tried to tell me it isn't love as I assumed, but now it's all about making love alive, and ok, because I get that. I writs stupid poems and cool songs about it, stories really, but they are only to express the feelings... she's not literally 'my honey pie'. LOL

That's sweet - glad to hear you are in love.

But, when I said "making love alive" understand that my definition of love is not the general definition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu553D2DSVc
Old 14-05-2013, 12:50 AM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKEST_HOUR
You and your questions....You must be really bored huh?hahaha

If you had an eternity you'd get bored too!

Old 14-05-2013, 06:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
"I am this AND I am not this AND I am nothing at all AND I am all", is what is real. But I agree often people define real as their particular experience. It's a paradox because it's real; it can't be anything else. The problem is when we say "my experience is real therefore yours is not." Then again, there are no problems either. We are just mentally masturbating now. Which is not a problem either, it's just as real!

Belief can have quite magical consequences but it can also have quite dangerous consequences. Another paradox.

Any story will do that. Rather than pick on a particular story, it's way more interesting to ask why we tell stories to begin with. By that I mean in general, any story... any story at all...

That's sweet - glad to hear you are in love.

But, when I said "making love alive" understand that my definition of love is not the general definition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu553D2DSVc

People feel love so it's not really a questionable thing, and if twin flames isn't about love then OK, it's a huge psychic event, like woah; then people play roles such as runners (which is what I'd do if a girl came on to me with that twin flame stuff). I'm much more simple and don't have abilities or anything, and even then it's a huge melodrama.
Old 14-05-2013, 07:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Perfect world huh? Ok I'll hop on this train and see where it goes. Have you ever considered that perhaps the "perfect" world would just mean that there isn't a meaning to life? If there is no bad, no wrong, only good, what's the point of being here on earth and not heaven/spirit world? But lets picture this "perfect" world. Lets picture world peace . This means, no more violence, no more fights, no more mistreating each other or talks to one another meaningly or harshly without any cause (and there would be non because no one would be causing any reason to start a fight because the world would be at peace hahaha). How about pollution? A world without pollution to me just sounds amazing! Wouldn't that be awesome?! No more pollution?This means no more pollution of any kind, no more air pollution, no more water pollution, no more sound pollution(the freaking radio), no more mail pollution(spam)hahahahaha! Just a clean, fresh, and healthy planet and a clean, fresh, and healthy society. Kinda like one big ol Amish family hahaha jk. Ok. Heres another one, how about no death?Ever think about all the children who did nothing wrong? So sad, when I turn on the news only to see innocent people have died just for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. ANYONE who does nothing wrong shouldn't deserve to die, period! (But in a "Perfect", that means NO ONE should die because no one would be doing anything wrong, right?) So this also applies to no diseases, no colds, no viruses, no germs, autoimmune illnesses, no AIDS, no STDs, no malformations at birth, no need for amputations, no need for robotic arms, no need for liver or kidney transfers, etc. I can go on and on about this subject, there is so much more... but this sums it when the idea of "Perfect" crosses my mind.. Now...If i were to ask you if you were to live in this type of "Perfect" world I just described, how long do you think it would take before you realize that no ones "perfect"? We're only human after all, right?

It's generally considered easier to change the world within you than it is to change everyone else and all political structures in the world.

When you change your paridym the above listed things are no longer on your radar as horrible things that need changed for the world to be perfect for you but instead see learning opportunities helping others to learn in a variety of ways and reach towards their own inner perfection. You have the knowledge that everything is working out perfectly and in divine order. And when that state is reached peace is obtained and one sees the many acts played out on the world stage with new eyes.
Old 14-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
It's generally considered easier to change the world within you than it is to change everyone else and all political structures in the world.

When you change your paridym the above listed things are no longer on your radar as horrible things that need changed for the world to be perfect for you but instead see learning opportunities helping others to learn in a variety of ways and reach towards their own inner perfection. You have the knowledge that everything is working out perfectly and in divine order. And when that state is reached peace is obtained and one sees the many acts played out on the world stage with new eyes.

There's an old saying.....
"It is only imperfection that complains of what is imperfect."
Old 14-05-2013, 09:44 PM
twincities

Quote:
There's an old saying.....
"It is only imperfection that complains of what is imperfect."

That about sums up my Ex, using my 20-20 hindsight. Not that I was perfect mind you, but my imperfections were complained about! Happy to say we have both learned a lot since then.
Old 21-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Master
Since the change is, twin flames are out and world problems are in... the word 'perfect' gets bandied about a lot, but it's only a secondary assertion upon what is. I feel that we could be muck more pragmatic, not assess stuff as 'perfect and imperfect as though I give a damn about your opinion. It is as it is. The is ecological problems, there is poverty, there is violence abuse and the violation of children... 'perfect' isn't the usual adjective and 'imperfect' is an understatement, and if it was meant to be, who exactly was it that meant it?
Old 21-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Ascender
Means just that, you're not perfect mate!!
Old 21-05-2013, 01:56 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Since the change is, twin flames are out and world problems are in... the word 'perfect' gets bandied about a lot, but it's only a secondary assertion upon what is. I feel that we could be muck more pragmatic, not assess stuff as 'perfect and imperfect as though I give a damn about your opinion. It is as it is. The is ecological problems, there is poverty, there is violence abuse and the violation of children... 'perfect' isn't the usual adjective and 'imperfect' is an understatement, and if it was meant to be, who exactly was it that meant it?

If we're going to use a word, I'd use "whole" rather than "perfect." Because I agree with you that "perfect" is a judgment call and is all a matter of perspective.

Whole, on the other hand, must by necessity include ALL - not just the lovey dovey light stuff, but also the ugly stuff including ecological problems, poverty, violence,abuse, etc. If it doesn't include all, then it can't be whole.

It's difficult to swallow, this idea that "love" includes the bad stuff too. But a lot of that bad stuff was created because someone was intent on ridding the world of perceived imperfections.