Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 08-02-2020, 01:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
BigJohn… say it again!... because they're not listening! what I mean is the fact that you are so right!, we better recognize! and you're very welcome!

Hard to change the mind of a ridiculer who knows everything.

You are being heard while at the same time they are making fun of you.

This is not what this forum was suppose to be but that is what it has become.

As a side note, I do appreciate your contributions.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 08-02-2020, 03:22 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

That seems like a strange reaction.

Where do you see ridicule and making fun of in the posts above?

What is this forum supposed to be that it is not being in this thread?
Old 08-02-2020, 03:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
That seems like a strange reaction.

Where do you see ridicule and making fun of in the posts above?

What is this forum supposed to be that it is not being in this thread?

I was commenting on what happens virtually every time jojo50 posts.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 08-02-2020, 03:58 AM
ketzer

Quote:
I was commenting on what happens virtually every time jojo50 posts.
Well, jojo50 seems to hold her religious convictions quite strongly, and experience them in a very real and vivid way. So I suppose that will illicit a strong response from those who hold opposite or different convictions. We all have our realities against which other's realities can seem strange or even ridiculous. Its hard not to judge another's reality against our own, especially when the truth of another's would seem to imply the falseness of our own. But in the end all realities fade away back into the void and only their impressions on us remain. It is harder still to know what experience and impression a given soul may need from life. I suspect that all experiences of realities, even those that from our own point of view seem strange, deranged, or horrific, are in the end a good thing. Though it may not seem so as we experience them, or see others experience theirs, we have faith that God, however we may understand that word, can see it.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
BigJohn… say it again!... because they're not listening! what I mean is the fact that you are so right!, we better recognize! and you're very welcome!

' Say it again!... because they're not listening! '

Why to you feel that others need to listen ?
Old 08-02-2020, 09:04 AM
Master

Just as a side thought - were I to become a Christian then I wouldn't be here writing about how strong my faith is, nor would I be taking part in synodes or wearing a red hat and being at some sort of Mass, no I'd be out early in the morning offering help of all kinds to all sorts of people - and continue to do so until falling into bed at night.

Like everything else Christianity isn't a collection of words to be repeated to prove how wonderful one is but a chance to ACT.

We can suppose that it's all the same to God whether you believe or not because for him it is what you do in the name of love, not what you profess to be.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 08-02-2020, 09:22 AM
Master
Quote:

' Hard to change the mind of a ridiculer who knows everything. '

And equally hard I presume to change the mind of the perceiver
Old 08-02-2020, 03:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Just as a side thought - were I to become a Christian then I wouldn't be here writing about how strong my faith is, nor would I be taking part in synodes or wearing a red hat and being at some sort of Mass, no I'd be out early in the morning offering help of all kinds to all sorts of people - and continue to do so until falling into bed at night.

Like everything else Christianity isn't a collection of words to be repeated to prove how wonderful one is but a chance to ACT.

We can suppose that it's all the same to God whether you believe or not because for him it is what you do in the name of love, not what you profess to be.

Well said.
Old 21-02-2020, 07:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
'believing comes by faith, NOT sight'

And what is faith. Nothing more than believing without proof.... Blind is faith....

Hebrews 1:1 defines faith. The scripture reads:

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."

Faith seems to be the common 'element' that holds all of the various religions/belief systems together.

For example, in Buddhism, is the belief in कर्मन् (Karma) not based on faith?

Old 21-02-2020, 07:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Hebrews 1:1 defines faith. The scripture reads:

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."

Faith seems to be the common 'element' that holds all of the various religions/belief systems together.

For example, in Buddhism, is the belief in कर्मन् (Karma) not based on faith?

' For example, in Buddhism, is the belief in कर्मन् (Karma) not based on faith? '

It depends on what you mean by Kamma , your Wife/Daughter or other Buddhists Family members will help you understand it.

Buddha said,

' Do not believe in anything (simply) because you have heard it ; Do not believe in traditions, because they been handed down for many generations ; Do not believe in anything, because it is spoken and rumoured by many ; Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books ; But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it. '

The word ' Faith ' in Buddhism doesn't have the same meaning that we hold, again your own Wife and Buddhists Family members will help you with this, it's quite complex....