Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 02-02-2020, 03:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
first, believing comes by faith, NOT sight ,(2Cor. 5:7). still MANY do need to see in order to believe. you said you felt the need for an Higher Power. there's something there, or you wouldn't feel this way. MANY believe in God because they actually witness seeing what they believed to be a dead person. especially if it looked like a relative. it's a journey you have to travel, we can give you all type of human advice. but at the end, it's you who have to find that place of belief.

Jesus said basically if you ask, you will get it. if you're seeking, you'll find it. and if you knock, it'll be opened ,(Matt. 7:7 Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you). MANY took this as him speaking on material things, he wasn't! Jesus was referring to things of a Spiritual nature. ask for knowledge and understanding of this invisible God. if we choose NOT to then we will never get to know him...

(Pro. 1:28-31 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me. For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD. They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices).

pray for knowledge of this High Being, and he will show you. understand, there are good Beings, and wicked ones, both of the Spirit world. the wicked ones, do NOT want any of us to believe in God ,(2Cor. 4:4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them). demons are an adversary to God. if they can get us to NOT believe in God, it's all good to them.

satan, he's a MASTER of trickery ,(Ephe. 6:11 Put on the whole Armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil). this is why God wants us to know him. so that we won't be fooled ,(2Cor. 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices). so just pray with an sincere heart, even if you don't really believe, for understanding. this God who has a Name he allowed us to use ,(Jehovah-English) Yahweh -Hebrew ,(Exo. 6:3 and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them), will answer. peace

'believing comes by faith, NOT sight'

And what is faith. Nothing more than believing without proof.... Blind is faith....
Old 02-02-2020, 10:41 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
And what is faith. Nothing more than believing without proof.... Blind is faith....

Believing in something that one is unable to see is not the same thing as being blind in ones faith.
Old 05-02-2020, 04:26 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Believing in something that one is unable to see is not the same thing as being blind in ones faith.

exactly! believers have faith by means of Jehovah God's Holy Spirit. but some may not understand, simply because satan has blinded them from the truth, (2 Cor.4:4). those living during the End, who constantly mock believers. does not have the Spirit of truth , (Jude 1:18,19 They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit). peace
Old 05-02-2020, 06:20 PM
Master
Quote:
exactly! believers have faith by means of Jehovah God's Holy Spirit. but some may not understand, simply because satan has blinded them from the truth, (2 Cor.4:4). those living during the End, who constantly mock believers. does not have the Spirit of truth , (Jude 1:18,19 They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit). peace

Faith-strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof.

If you cannot see something or have never seen something you would be classed as Blind, therefore Faith is blind.

BTW it has nothing to do with Satan which is another blind belief
Old 06-02-2020, 01:58 PM
Master
Quote:

"who constantly mock believers' is an expression that should be take to heart.

I thank you for bringing this to out attention.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-02-2020, 07:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
"who constantly mock believers' is an expression that should be take to heart.

I thank you for bringing this to out attention.

I agree people should be attentive to certain organisations who do mock other Religions beliefs.
Old 07-02-2020, 04:01 AM
Master
Quote:

You quoted Jude 1:18,19 which reads in part: “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” Which is so evident today.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 07-02-2020, 08:52 AM
Master
Quote:
You quoted Jude 1:18,19 which reads in part: “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” Which is so evident today.

So true....
Old 07-02-2020, 03:28 PM
Ascender
Quote:
"who constantly mock believers' is an expression that should be take to heart. I thank you for bringing this to out attention.

BigJohn… say it again!... because they're not listening! what I mean is the fact that you are so right!, we better recognize! and you're very welcome!
Old 07-02-2020, 05:31 PM
ketzer

Perhaps it is a good idea to differentiate here between faith, and blind faith. When I stand on the shore and look out over the ocean, I can only see about 2 to 3 miles out before the water dips below the horizon and I can no longer see the sea. But that does not make be blind, nor does it make my faith blind if I believe that the sea goes on. Nor would it make an early human who had no boat or mountain to climb for a better view blind if they believed the sea stops at the horizon. Blind faith, as I understand the term, would be if someone took that early human out in a boat or up in a balloon and showed them that the sea does go on, and yet they continue to insist it does not. Blind faith, as I see it, is a self imposed loss of sight, it is a failure to open your eyes and look at that which does not agree with what you currently believe. Blind faith in the words and teachings of the Scribes and Pharisees is what prevented the people from seeing the truth in what Jesus came to teach, and instead call it blasphemy or the work of the devil.

Whether I look with my two eyes, or with my third eye, though I may one day learn to see better, my vision will always be finite, and at present it is very limited. I have faith, be in inspired by reason or experience, that what is beyond the capacity of my mind to hold, is nevertheless good and has purpose. God is good. Now if one wishes to call that the “holy spirit”, then fine, it has a pleasant and right feel to it. One day I may find I can see farther and see things in ways that I previously could not. If I choose to ignore my new vision and instead cling dogmatically to beliefs I created in ignorance, and if someone wishes to call that being fooled by Satan, then fine. However, they should understand that the devil who blinds me is myself. Sometimes it is our faith in the beliefs our own mind already holds that blinds us to the truth of something else. Perhaps then, it should be called blinding faith?

We have carved our own block though our experience of life and the teachings of others, and now use it as the model of truth, casting aside that which does not look like the golden idol we hold within. Life has a way of carving the uncarved block we are born with. That is why we must be born again before we can see and understand what Jesus had to teach.

John 9:39
Jesus said, “For judgment I came into this world, that those who do not see may see, and those who see may become blind.”