Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-12-2019, 03:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastthemirror
I probably should have clarified earlier in the thread, but i’m Still somewhat hesitant to talk much about it outside of my thread in the “yourspace” subforum. I’m a werewolf. I don’t hurt people, but if I showed someone, I wouldn’t blame them for freaking out, And if I didn’t show someone and just told them, I couldn’t blame them for trying to get me sectioned.

Sorry for being vague earlier, i’m Just still somewhat embarrassed to say something that would appear ridiculous to most people, and I worry that the only reason I haven’t been chased off this forum yet is because i’ve Flown under the radar thus far.

It is how the information is presented.

Must admit, this is a new one for me. it took courage to share it.

I feel not qualified as to how to handle it for you.

Suggesting, perhaps to find those who may help support you.

We all have our ways and it can be challenging at times. The important thing I get out of what you share is that you intend no harm to others. That is a good thing.

I respect your privacy.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:27 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
We can’t always be as open as we’d like to be. Some people may not even like being open. For me, the thought of having to keep everything secret from those around me is a constant background noise in my head. I’m always trying to keep even my interest in spiritual studies from being discovered, for fear it’ll lead to more questions being asked. Needless to say, it takes a heavy toll on me.

Does anyone else, for any reason, have to keep it all to themselves? How do you cope with that?

Not secret but not broadcast. I don't have any motive for not making it a public display or knowledge aside from my perspective it would seem unseemly and serves no beneficial purpose.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:24 PM
Master
Quote:
We can’t always be as open as we’d like to be. Some people may not even like being open. For me, the thought of having to keep everything secret from those around me is a constant background noise in my head. I’m always trying to keep even my interest in spiritual studies from being discovered, for fear it’ll lead to more questions being asked. Needless to say, it takes a heavy toll on me.

Does anyone else, for any reason, have to keep it all to themselves? How do you cope with that?
I used to.

If you look at movies, TV shows, reading material people are involved with; what we have to say is not much different. I would recommend working on your delivery and reach out for confidence in yourself.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 07-12-2019, 05:00 PM
hazada guess

I keep my spiritual side secret.It's nobody else's business what my beliefs are.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:45 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I used to.

If you look at movies, TV shows, reading material people are involved with; what we have to say is not much different. I would recommend working on your delivery and reach out for confidence in yourself.
Well, yeah, but that’s fiction, or at least by conventional notions of our reality, it’s supposed to be. I wonder if some things are harder to believe or accept because of their appearance in fiction.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:19 PM
Master

Quote:

I don't share my interests with people who don't have same interests, and don't try to convince anybody, neither that my beliefs are better, nor that theirs are worse.

If somebody opens a discussion on a subject I disagree with, I just interrupt them, and say that I see things differently and don't want to continue such a conversation.

When I'm asked about specifics regarding what are my interests, or what I believe in, I may carefully state some core ideas, watching the reactions I get, and shut it down if it seems more appropriate.

As I find neither pleasure nor interest in listening to things I don't care about, I also respect the others' right not to listen to mine.

Everybody is where he deserves to be on their path, at this moment, and nobody can change another's until they're ready for it.

I guess that most problems arise when people believe that they're right, and want to impose their beliefs on others. Actually, everybody creates their own reality.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:15 AM
Lorelyen

Not particularly. It depends how an interaction goes. I'm not afraid to voice my spiritual views when it seems appropriate. People can take them or leave them....because, fact is, the way I live IS my spirituality. Practical, yes. I can fit in with the social environment (so it seems), but the esoteric self that can give off signs is as I am. I don't expect everyone to like me nor I expect to like any- or every-one.

The fact that I need time alone for certain practices like observances and path-working has raised questions because I don't tell people why but I can usually arrange things for it not to be an issue.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:39 PM
Master
You know, I've just come to accept that most of the people around me aren't interested in non-dual theory, inner work, self-healing, etc., as I am - I was like that for a long time, too, so it would be hypocritical of me to judge them for feeling the way they do. I think it's really a question, as Lorelyen says, of living your spirituality, and a big part of that for me is accepting that people are as they are, the majority of them perceive life differently to me and have different values and priorities, and that's okay (and if there's a part of me that feels like it's not okay, then that's my issue and something I need to look into). I do feel a little isolated at times, but having this online community helps with that to a great extent :)
Old 08-12-2019, 01:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Not particularly. It depends how an interaction goes. I'm not afraid to voice my spiritual views when it seems appropriate. People can take them or leave them....because, fact is, the way I live IS my spirituality. Practical, yes. I can fit in with the social environment (so it seems), but the esoteric self that can give off signs is as I am. I don't expect everyone to like me nor I expect to like any- or every-one.

The fact that I need time alone for certain practices like observances and path-working has raised questions because I don't tell people why but I can usually arrange things for it not to be an issue.

Well said !

The key phrase is "when it seems appropriate".

Old 08-12-2019, 02:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I don't share my interests with people who don't have same interests, and don't try to convince anybody, neither that my beliefs are better, nor that theirs are worse.

If somebody opens a discussion on a subject I disagree with, I just interrupt them, and say that I see things differently and don't want to continue such a conversation.

When I'm asked about specifics regarding what are my interests, or what I believe in, I may carefully state some core ideas, watching the reactions I get, and shut it down if it seems more appropriate.

As I find neither pleasure nor interest in listening to things I don't care about, I also respect the others' right not to listen to mine.

Everybody is where he deserves to be on their path, at this moment, and nobody can change another's until they're ready for it.

I guess that most problems arise when people believe that they're right, and want to impose their beliefs on others. Actually, everybody creates their own reality.

It's very rare for me to AGREE COMPLETELY with what another has said since, as you indicated, "everybody creates their own reality".

However, I find that I AGREE COMPLETELY with what you have written above and act exactly in that manner when interacting with others.