Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 29-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Knower
Fascinating thread people, i too feel like i haven't acheieved the 'opening' of my third eye like i should and reading this thread is very enlightening, thank you. :)
Old 30-06-2011, 04:23 AM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzymandius
Fascinating thread people, i too feel like i haven't acheieved the 'opening' of my third eye like i should and reading this thread is very enlightening, thank you. :)

What do you expect to see when your third eye is "more open" than it is now?
Old 30-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Experiencer
Topology...awesome.
I agree that the natural state is open,
but that is just based upon my personal experience as a child,
and my little boy who is wide open, and my daughter who was until she went to school... Closed it down really quick. Glad we're going to homeschool my son.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:46 AM
joe

First I would like to say sorry for any grammar mistakes as I am tired while writing this

The way i perceive chakras are like this. Chakras are area's in the body where their are massive clusters of nerves and energy. Now these massive clusters of energy are like wheels and when open chakras will feel like a massive vortex of spinning energy. However in order to open and start spinning the chakras you will need an excess amount of chi ( has other names such as bio-electricity). Think of a chakra like a massive windmill without any wind how can you power it?

So how do you open your third eye. Well you can....
1) Force it Open: Not recommended
2) Meditation such as Yoga
3) Other internal energy building techniques (focus on removing blockages and feeling movement of energy within body).

Throughout your body there are energy pathways that are connected all over your body called meridians . These meridians connect all over your body to all your chakras and carry energy. Now when we are kids these energy pathways are mostly open. That is why children are very perceptive and have a great 6th sense. However as we age there are various mental and physical blocks are created and these pathways become blocked...

So how do we remove the blockages? Think of these blockages like a bunch of logs blocking a stream. In order to remove these logs you must widen the stream or create a hole in the logs so there is a flow of water. Once there is a flow of water more water will start to gush out and the logs will be washed away.

That is why Yoga and other meditations focus heavily on breathing and feeling the flow of energy because it is a form of building internal energy and widening the amount of energy your meridians can hold hence removal of energy blockages.

Hope that provides some insight. If you have other questions let me know :)
Old 01-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
What do you expect to see when your third eye is "more open" than it is now?

Hopefully, just the world in a more spiritual and beautiful light you know, sometimes i feel like there is too much negativity clogging my perception, but hopefully by opening my third eye my life will have become more positive and my third eye will allow me to continue on my spiritual journey and gain more from my experiences.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Amorillum

I wouldn't suggest working exclusively on one chakra while ignoring the others.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:04 PM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorillum
I wouldn't suggest working exclusively on one chakra while ignoring the others.

I agree with Amorillum on this, but would suggest you focus on your lower chakras first.

The top three chakras: Throat, Third Eye, and Crown relate to higher up levels of energy and awareness. Now if you are not grounded and have the right mental capacity before you open them it can cause some problems.

Just my take, but i would suggest proceed with caution and make sure your in a good mental state before attempting to open those chakras.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:30 AM
Experiencer
Yeah totally... I mean the Technique for opening the third eye has to be..... first you balance all the centers below it..
There is a great book by Sonia Choquette...
It's called True Balance.
My wife read most of it to me,
she reads it over and over.
It's like a workbook for balancing your centers.
It let's you see where you stand with your chakras,
and what work needs to be done where,
to facilitate the balancing...
It's not any of the NEWAGE **** that's out there...
the woman knows what she's talkin about and speaks in a language anyone can understand very easily..
I'd recommend it.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:32 PM
chi

The microcosmic orbit meditation is a good way for clearing any blockages as well as opening all the chakras from bottom to top and gradually opening the third eye,this doesn't happen overnight,it is a process of evolution which can take many years if not a lifetime.
Old 27-08-2011, 01:17 AM
Knower

Wow, thank you all for the great amount of knowledge and insight you guys have granted me...I am truly thankful for all of you guys helping me out. Thank you :)