Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 16-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd
Well fear often creates dishonesty, maybe if we could handle fear easily and were not judged and condemned for being wrong, a hypocrite etc so badly by the media or people around us then the fear would be less and the lie would be less.
Yes, that's true. Sometimes, when I look back on what I've posted before, I think, "What was I thinking?" lol I'm laughing now, but sometimes, I put myself down for being wrong, when I was just learning, as we all are.

As mentioned, fear creates dishonesty &/or denial. Lately, I've been realizing that everything is illusion - it's all in our heads, based on subjective interpretation. I've been judged & taught to be judgmental.
Yet, can we think without judging? (-ie, judging if something is safe or not) Even children, (who are more pure & less tainted by media & others) still can't handle the truth. As you mentioned, it seems to be hard-wired into us to create illusions... seeing what we want to see... like a coping strategy, until we can handle it.
Old 16-11-2010, 11:30 PM
celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd
Well fear often creates dishonesty, maybe if we could handle fear easily and were not judged and condemned for being wrong, a hypocrite etc so badly by the media or people around us then the fear would be less and the lie would be less.

We are hardwired to lie anyway so there will always to some degree be some element of exaggeration and lack of total truth.

That's interesting, shepherd. Society condems dishonesty, yet your comment suggests that people's judgements are half responsible for that kind of behavior. Is that what you are saying?
Old 17-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
This I agree Is what Is happening at the moment 7l.

A friend of mine does aura workshops and watches the politicians aura's on the t.v.

Liar he say's quite often out loud.. he Is talking **** he would say!!

I know that we all cannot see aura's but call It Intuition or whatever, many people are more In touch with this now..

I think It's a good thing..

I think at times the more and more an Individual Is being dishonest It becomes easier and easier.. for them to be so

When people start to see through the dishonesty, the Individual Is more likely to look at his or her self perhaps...

x daz x

Your friend is very focused if he can see it in the aura, LOL...but I agree it'll show there.
Watching the speeches on the telly...oh no...LOL...must really get his blood up

You're right...as there will come a point when the speeches we all put out there aren't "working" like they used to. At the very least...it may force the individual into 1) silence...LOL...but intent will still be apparent...or 2) sincerity...so as not to be called out...and then 3) maybe they'll just roll with 2 since it'll be too much work to fight it forever, ha ha.

I think ppl are fast discovering the limits of things like "shielding" for deception. The only way that works is if you shield everything and no one pushes you...which will also mark you suspiciously...as in, only the crooks do that (LOL)...

Peace/blessings,
7L
Old 17-11-2010, 07:19 PM
shepherd

Quote:
That's interesting, shepherd. Society condems dishonesty, yet your comment suggests that people's judgements are half responsible for that kind of behavior. Is that what you are saying?

Yes they are Celery, this happens for lots of reasons. Fear will always create an irrational instinctual response because we are hardwired to do so. The cortex'es of the mind which deal with rationalising are shut out by the limbic (part of the brain which deals with emotions and survival) so it can can control instinctively and unconsciously what it will do to survive. It cant do this by the way if the mind is trying to rationalise as this could end up creating a delay which ends up in death. This is what the limbic systems main goal is and that is to keep you alive. Fear from anything can be interepreted as life threatening which of course is out of context and creates an irrational unconscious and instinctive response.

Judgements from people can create fearful instinctual unconscious reactions as peoples minds see judgements as a threat. Judgements hurt, are painful and for stressed out people whos limbics are over aroused then its becomes much harder to accept any criticism at all.

If society keeps up the judgments the mind sees as dangerous which also breeds guilt. anger, tension, frustration, victim, resentment etc then these over arouse the mind to become more irrational. Society feeds this, spirituality feeds this too with its rules, morals and values because if you dont stick to them then you are judged and condemned.

For some people they will not be able to relate to being fearful and judge others for being soft or not seeing the world their way. Which just adds more pressure to people who feel bad about themselves enough already and therefore creates more irrational behaviour.
Old 17-11-2010, 07:20 PM
searchingformeaning

I have always thought of myself as an honest person but after reading other post here, I am questioning myself on this. My best friends description of me has always been " If you don't want to know the truth, then do not ask her." Could I tell my boss's spouse that she is cheating on him? No I think I would have to remove myself from the area and go hide until he goes away. Could I tell my grandaughter that I adored her father when he threw them out when she was six months old with no where to go, but kept her brother in hiding? No definently not, nor could I tell her there is no tooth fairy, no santa, or easter bunny. Guess I am not as honest as I thought.
Old 18-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Suspended
Searchingformeaning,
You make an excellent point. Sometimes honesty isn't most compassionate...
& most of us can only deal with truth incrementally.